RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - John Asiata
Re: John Asiata Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:19 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:19 pm  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 403
Member for 1 year
Ste100Centurions wrote:
Hope you are fighting fit soon Ian.

Good Evening Ste , I’m not to bad now , can’t wait for the new season , only another 2 weeks off , I’m really hoping for a good season , and another couple of signings yet , I’ve a feeling Ryan Hampshire may return .
Re: John Asiata Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:22 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:22 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 8542
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Member for 17 years
Derek Beaumont posted this earlier tonight on Facebook.

"So this is a reply to the post by Dave Leather that either he removed or admin removed. Given it’s no longer in his wall I guess he removed his post. I don’t know why as he is entitled to it and people should have courage of their convictions and stand for their beliefs. Anyway this is now my post so only admin can remove it let’s see if they do as that will answer the question.
OMG people. Asiata lands at 11.15am tomorrow go meet him and cheer him in. The website is broken we are having it fixed a budget has already been set into a new one that’s being built to replace it but this one is being repaired. A new social media expert from a football club is serving his notice and due to start. An NRL player didn’t get a GBE so we can’t register him he was 0.5 games short. A player will be announced in next two days that has been approved and another has signed and will be approved but we won’t announce until it has we also have another in the pipeline. 1.2million pound squad plus coaching etc for 180k central funding and 400k parachute plus all associated costs it’s a massive investment. When Adrian names his captains his players will be first to know along with squad numbers he has chose not to do that yet. Whilst our fans are what it’s all about and the most important revenue stream we don’t run the club based on your comments or needs. We are dual with saints and know what we can expect from them player wise. We are not stupid and I have a lot at stake and am very happy with the work of Karen. Chris Neil and Adrian in running the club. We won’t sign people that do not fit for signings sake. We will deliver for our fans when the result at the end matters I hope our fans deliver for us as up to now our sales don’t do that. I must say the negativity and slagging off is wholly unhelpful. We had an employee in tears last night due to tripe ranted on social media about merchandise. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it just as I am mine especially when I am pumping fortunes into the place again to get where we deserve to stay there. If you ain’t got anything positive to say then please keep it to yourself as it just don’t help. Trust in those putting money time and effort in and those with a proven track record and experience who are being paid to do a job that they will do it. We won’t fail and we ain’t perfect but I could easily come and analyse any of our critics in their lives and work and give a load of negativity. A supporters job is to support to be positive and defend the club no matter what not disrespect and criticise it. I care not if people who are of that ilk like my comments or even turn up I would sooner go to war with real people who go with what we have and fight till the end. Rant over!"
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: John Asiata Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:15 am  
Re: John Asiata
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:15 am  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 403
Member for 1 year
Budgiezilla wrote:
Derek Beaumont posted this earlier tonight on Facebook.

"So this is a reply to the post by Dave Leather that either he removed or admin removed. Given it’s no longer in his wall I guess he removed his post. I don’t know why as he is entitled to it and people should have courage of their convictions and stand for their beliefs. Anyway this is now my post so only admin can remove it let’s see if they do as that will answer the question.
OMG people. Asiata lands at 11.15am tomorrow go meet him and cheer him in. The website is broken we are having it fixed a budget has already been set into a new one that’s being built to replace it but this one is being repaired. A new social media expert from a football club is serving his notice and due to start. An NRL player didn’t get a GBE so we can’t register him he was 0.5 games short. A player will be announced in next two days that has been approved and another has signed and will be approved but we won’t announce until it has we also have another in the pipeline. 1.2million pound squad plus coaching etc for 180k central funding and 400k parachute plus all associated costs it’s a massive investment. When Adrian names his captains his players will be first to know along with squad numbers he has chose not to do that yet. Whilst our fans are what it’s all about and the most important revenue stream we don’t run the club based on your comments or needs. We are dual with saints and know what we can expect from them player wise. We are not stupid and I have a lot at stake and am very happy with the work of Karen. Chris Neil and Adrian in running the club. We won’t sign people that do not fit for signings sake. We will deliver for our fans when the result at the end matters I hope our fans deliver for us as up to now our sales don’t do that. I must say the negativity and slagging off is wholly unhelpful. We had an employee in tears last night due to tripe ranted on social media about merchandise. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it just as I am mine especially when I am pumping fortunes into the place again to get where we deserve to stay there. If you ain’t got anything positive to say then please keep it to yourself as it just don’t help. Trust in those putting money time and effort in and those with a proven track record and experience who are being paid to do a job that they will do it. We won’t fail and we ain’t perfect but I could easily come and analyse any of our critics in their lives and work and give a load of negativity. A supporters job is to support to be positive and defend the club no matter what not disrespect and criticise it. I care not if people who are of that ilk like my comments or even turn up I would sooner go to war with real people who go with what we have and fight till the end. Rant over!"

Well I’ve been saying this for weeks now , it looks like Derek and Adrian and Chris have everything in control ,a couple of our fans on here have been negative about future signings but it seems there is no need to worry , have faith in Derek ,I have .
I’m sure before the season starts our squad will be one that will impress fans , let’s get behind Derek and the Centurions , I can wait for the Haven game .
Re: John Asiata Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:05 am  
Re: John Asiata
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:05 am  

User avatarmaurice wrote:
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16554
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
Member for 20 years
The Charlie Caroli wrote:
Well I’ve been saying this for weeks now , it looks like Derek and Adrian and Chris have everything in control ,a couple of our fans on here have been negative about future signings but it seems there is no need to worry , have faith in Derek ,I have .
I’m sure before the season starts our squad will be one that will impress fans , let’s get behind Derek and the Centurions , I can wait for the Haven game .


I have stated a few times that recruits will be overseas due to the lack of availability of FT players of quality willing to play in the championship over here. Now we all know visas get declined etc so its far better to announce when wrapped up than hopeful and fall through.
Re: John Asiata Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:09 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:09 pm  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am
Posts: 690
Member for 8 years
Budgiezilla wrote:
Derek Beaumont posted this earlier tonight on Facebook.

"So this is a reply to the post by Dave Leather that either he removed or admin removed. Given it’s no longer in his wall I guess he removed his post. I don’t know why as he is entitled to it and people should have courage of their convictions and stand for their beliefs. Anyway this is now my post so only admin can remove it let’s see if they do as that will answer the question.
OMG people. Asiata lands at 11.15am tomorrow go meet him and cheer him in. The website is broken we are having it fixed a budget has already been set into a new one that’s being built to replace it but this one is being repaired. A new social media expert from a football club is serving his notice and due to start. An NRL player didn’t get a GBE so we can’t register him he was 0.5 games short. A player will be announced in next two days that has been approved and another has signed and will be approved but we won’t announce until it has we also have another in the pipeline. 1.2million pound squad plus coaching etc for 180k central funding and 400k parachute plus all associated costs it’s a massive investment. When Adrian names his captains his players will be first to know along with squad numbers he has chose not to do that yet. Whilst our fans are what it’s all about and the most important revenue stream we don’t run the club based on your comments or needs. We are dual with saints and know what we can expect from them player wise. We are not stupid and I have a lot at stake and am very happy with the work of Karen. Chris Neil and Adrian in running the club. We won’t sign people that do not fit for signings sake. We will deliver for our fans when the result at the end matters I hope our fans deliver for us as up to now our sales don’t do that. I must say the negativity and slagging off is wholly unhelpful. We had an employee in tears last night due to tripe ranted on social media about merchandise. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it just as I am mine especially when I am pumping fortunes into the place again to get where we deserve to stay there. If you ain’t got anything positive to say then please keep it to yourself as it just don’t help. Trust in those putting money time and effort in and those with a proven track record and experience who are being paid to do a job that they will do it. We won’t fail and we ain’t perfect but I could easily come and analyse any of our critics in their lives and work and give a load of negativity. A supporters job is to support to be positive and defend the club no matter what not disrespect and criticise it. I care not if people who are of that ilk like my comments or even turn up I would sooner go to war with real people who go with what we have and fight till the end. Rant over!"


So according to Derek fans aren't allowed to criticise anything the club does and it needs more supporters as you don't have enough. What a way to talk about your fanbase.
Re: John Asiata Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:27 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:27 pm  
JOHN WOODS IS GOD User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:33 pm
Posts: 122
Location: posh lobby land
Member for 11 years
Lack of communication by the club created a Void and rightly or wrongly the void was filled.Derek seemed to address fans concerns but then shockingly went off on one . Maybe a insight into Derek's big balls character, legal action will be taken against any form of discention more akin to North Korea. Maybe the reason we have a high turn over of board members staff and players and trouble recruiting players.Anyway that aside looking forward to the new season and hoping for success and not the clusterf#ck we have had to endure the last few seasons
Re: John Asiata Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:20 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:20 pm  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 403
Member for 1 year
dboy wrote:
And how will he be getting here?

You have to be vaccinated to board a flight into or out of Australia.

"You must show evidence that you have been vaccinated, at least 7 days prior to international travel into or out of Australia, with a vaccine approved or recognised by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)."

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-a ... -australia

He arrived by plane this morning , and cant wait to see him play in our very big mobile pack , next signing being announced very soon .
dboy wrote:
And how will he be getting here?

You have to be vaccinated to board a flight into or out of Australia.

"You must show evidence that you have been vaccinated, at least 7 days prior to international travel into or out of Australia, with a vaccine approved or recognised by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)."

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-a ... -australia

He arrived by plane this morning , and cant wait to see him play in our very big mobile pack , next signing being announced very soon .
Re: John Asiata Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:02 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:02 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6770
Member for 7 years
The Charlie Caroli wrote:
He arrived by plane this morning , and cant wait to see him play in our very big mobile pack , next signing being announced very soon .


What a player to see at the LSV…
Image
Re: John Asiata Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:14 am  
Re: John Asiata
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:14 am  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 403
Member for 1 year
atomic wrote:
What a player to see at the LSV…

Very true Atomic , with more to come very soon , I told everyone have faith in Derek , he is a shrewd man , we will be up there frightening other teams,at the end of the season , folk keep having a pop at Derek , ask all the other Clubs inthe Championship if they would have Derek in charge , I’m sure theywould say yes .
Re: John Asiata Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:31 am  
Re: John Asiata
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:31 am  
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8784
Member for 17 years
The Charlie Caroli wrote:
Very true Atomic , with more to come very soon , I told everyone have faith in Derek , he is a shrewd man , we will be up there frightening other teams,at the end of the season , folk keep having a pop at Derek , ask all the other Clubs inthe Championship if they would have Derek in charge , I’m sure theywould say yes .


I wouldn't want him but Im a little divided on it. Yes his money brings the opportunity to have a shot of playing at the top level but I would also feel there is as much chance of that happening as there is of him destroying the club.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jack Gaskell and 108 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Leigh Centurions


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
18m
George Williams Kicking Game
WireWireWire
3
26m
Tonights match v Hull
Moe syslak
82
26m
Rumours and signings v9
moto748
23475
43m
Toulouse at home
Pie Eyed
29
48m
North Stand OPEN
Pie Eyed
5
55m
RD 16 St Helens A
Shabino
312
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
29s
Tinirau Arona
Redscat
13
35s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
536
1m
Salford away
REDWHITEANDB
32
1m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
The Eagle
3889
1m
Latics v Burnley
Egg Chasing
44
1m
RD 16 St Helens A
Shabino
312
1m
Coaching
ArthurClues
11
1m
George Williams Kicking Game
WireWireWire
3
2m
Shopping List 2023
WIZEB
622
2m
Hodgson
Tarquin Fueg
70
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
North Stand OPEN
Pie Eyed
5
TODAY
George Williams Kicking Game
WireWireWire
3
TODAY
Thomas Mikaele
just_browny
4
TODAY
Sheffield away-in essence
BigTime
1
TODAY
Warrington Beat Hull FC in Tryless Borefest
RLFANS News
1
TODAY
No more
UllFC
3
TODAY
O/T Harry Gration
PopTart
8
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.33Million 1,259 79,10534,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 TODAY
     Mens Internationals 2022-R1
06:20
NZ
v
Tonga
08:40
SAM
v
Cook I
10:40
PNG
v
Fiji
       League One 2022-R12
15:00
Hunslet
v
Rochdale
15:00
LondonS
v
Swinton
15:00
West Wales
v
Cornwall
 Sun 3rd Jul
       Championship 2022-R17
15:00
Bradford
v
Leigh
 Sun 10th Jul
       Championship 2022-R18
14:00
Workington
v
Leigh
 Sun 17th Jul
       Championship 2022-R19
15:00
Dewsbury
v
Leigh
 Sun 24th Jul
       Championship 2022-R20
15:00
Whitehaven
v
Leigh
 Sat 30th Jul
       Championship 2022-R21
19:30
Featherstone
v
Leigh
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 25th Jun
L1 RND: 12
15:00
West Wales-Cornwall
MINT2022 RND: 1
06:20
NZ-Tonga
MINT2022 RND: 1
08:40
SAM-Cook I
MINT2022 RND: 1
10:40
PNG-Fiji
Sun 26th Jun
SOO RND: 2
10:50
New South Wales-Queensland
SL RND: 16
15:15
Hull KR-Huddersfield
Mon 27th Jun
CH RND: 16
19:45
Barrow-Halifax
Fri 1st Jul
SL RND: 17
20:00
Castleford-Huddersfield
Sat 2nd Jul
SL RND: 17
18:00
Catalans-St.Helens
Fri 8th Jul
CH RND: 18
19:45
Newcastle-Bradford
Sat 9th Jul
SL RND: 18
19:00
Leeds-Castleford
SL RND: 18
16:45
St.Helens-Wigan
SL RND: 18
14:30
Wakefield-Toulouse
Sun 10th Jul
SL RND: 18
15:15
Catalans-Warrington
SL RND: 18
13:00
Huddersfield-Salford
SL RND: 18
17:30
Hull KR-Hull FC
Mon 11th Jul
CH RND: 18
19:45
Halifax-York
Mon 18th Jul
CH RND: 19
19:45
York-Batley
Thu 21st Jul
SL RND: 20
20:00
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 24th Jul
CH RND: 20
15:00
Whitehaven-Leigh
Fri 24th Jun
CH RND: 16 Sheffield4-58Leigh
SL RND: 16 Warrington4-0Hull FC
SL RND: 16 Wigan40-6Toulouse
Thu 23rd Jun
SL RND: 16 St.Helens42-12Leeds
Sun 19th Jun
NRL RND: 15 Canberra20-18Newcastle
NRL RND: 15 Canterbury36-12Wests
Sat 18th Jun
MINT2022 RND: 1 England18-4ALL STARS
WINT2022 RND: 1 ENGLAND36-10FRANCE
NRL RND: 15 Cronulla18-10Gold Coast
NRL RND: 15 NZ Warriors6-40Penrith
NRL RND: 15 Parramatta26-16Sydney
Fri 17th Jun
NRL RND: 15 Manly26-28NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 15 Melbourne32-20Brisbane
Thu 16th Jun
NRL RND: 15 St.George32-12Souths
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 16 638 136 502 30
Featherstone 15 604 200 404 27
York 15 386 268 118 24
Batley 14 404 229 175 21
Halifax 15 428 248 180 20
Barrow 15 365 306 59 19
 
Bradford 15 325 329 -4 16
Sheffield 15 339 368 -29 14
Widnes 15 311 415 -104 10
Newcastle 15 288 433 -145 10
Whitehaven 15 226 510 -284 8
LondonB 15 230 424 -194 5
Dewsbury 15 205 504 -299 4
Workington 15 166 545 -379 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 12
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 10 431 90 341 20
Swinton 10 396 153 243 16
Crusaders 10 369 192 177 16
Rochdale 10 390 234 156 14
Doncaster 10 300 248 52 12
Hunslet 10 262 226 36 11
 
Oldham 10 312 214 98 7
Midlands 10 278 339 -61 6
LondonS 10 192 426 -234 6
West Wales 10 88 556 -468 2
Cornwall 10 138 478 -340 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 16 404 170 234 28
Wigan 16 434 301 133 24
Catalans 15 340 202 138 22
Huddersfield 15 341 256 85 21
Hull FC 16 310 289 21 16
Castleford 15 317 334 -17 14
 
Hull KR 15 271 298 -27 14
Warrington 16 300 380 -80 12
Leeds 16 261 322 -61 11
Salford 15 291 385 -94 10
Wakefield 15 247 366 -119 10
Toulouse 16 236 449 -213 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 14 416 213 203 24
Melbourne 13 462 204 258 22
NQL Cowboys 14 350 171 179 20
Brisbane 13 292 223 69 18
Cronulla 13 298 238 60 16
Parramatta 13 313 287 26 16
Souths 13 310 269 41 14
Sydney 14 303 264 39 14
 
Manly 14 294 296 -2 14
Canberra 14 250 291 -41 12
St.George 13 221 313 -92 12
NZ Warriors 14 242 393 -151 8
Newcastle 13 166 342 -176 8
Canterbury 14 194 325 -131 6
Gold Coast 14 224 362 -138 6
Wests 13 184 328 -144 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Womens Internationals 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
ENGLAND 2 6 32 -26 4
FRANCE 1 10 36 -26 0
WALES 1 6 32 -26 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
18m
George Williams Kicking Game
WireWireWire
3
26m
Tonights match v Hull
Moe syslak
82
26m
Rumours and signings v9
moto748
23475
43m
Toulouse at home
Pie Eyed
29
48m
North Stand OPEN
Pie Eyed
5
55m
RD 16 St Helens A
Shabino
312
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
29s
Tinirau Arona
Redscat
13
35s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
536
1m
Salford away
REDWHITEANDB
32
1m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
The Eagle
3889
1m
Latics v Burnley
Egg Chasing
44
1m
RD 16 St Helens A
Shabino
312
1m
Coaching
ArthurClues
11
1m
George Williams Kicking Game
WireWireWire
3
2m
Shopping List 2023
WIZEB
622
2m
Hodgson
Tarquin Fueg
70
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
North Stand OPEN
Pie Eyed
5
TODAY
George Williams Kicking Game
WireWireWire
3
TODAY
Thomas Mikaele
just_browny
4
TODAY
Sheffield away-in essence
BigTime
1
TODAY
Warrington Beat Hull FC in Tryless Borefest
RLFANS News
1
TODAY
No more
UllFC
3
TODAY
O/T Harry Gration
PopTart
8
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!