RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Where are the signings ?
Re: Where are the signings ? Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:00 pm  

User avatarEVO105 wrote:
EVO105 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:17 pm
Posts: 377
Member for 6 years
atomic wrote:
Simply making a post to invoke others for support is growing old. I’m more wiser than you for not taking the bait. One day you may actually post something positive instead of continually attempting to turn a positive into a negative.

I’m fairly sure the good Doc would only be investing with a guaranteed return. Hence no deal.


Don't agree, no guarantee of a return from any team
Re: Where are the signings ? Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:30 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6691
Member for 7 years
EVO105 wrote:
Don't agree, no guarantee of a return from any team


Hence no deal.
Image
Re: Where are the signings ? Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:00 pm  
knockonknockon Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 224
Member for 5 years
what a pantomime ...............oh no it isnt......oh yes it is.
Re: Where are the signings ? Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:03 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6691
Member for 7 years
knockonknockon wrote:
what a pantomime ...............oh no it isnt......oh yes it is.


Nice imput :lol:
Image
Re: Where are the signings ? Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:05 pm  
knockonknockon Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 224
Member for 5 years
atomic wrote:
Nice imput :lol:


or input
Re: Where are the signings ? Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:26 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6691
Member for 7 years
knockonknockon wrote:
or input


Oh look you have knowledge on grammar.
Image
Re: Where are the signings ? Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:21 pm  
knockonknockon Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 224
Member for 5 years
atomic wrote:
Oh look you have knowledge on grammar.


ta la
Re: Where are the signings ? Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:32 am  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 482
Member for 7 years
atomic wrote:
Simply making a post to invoke others for support is growing old. I’m more wiser than you for not taking the bait. One day you may actually post something positive instead of continually attempting to turn a positive into a negative.

I’m fairly sure the good Doc would only be investing with a guaranteed return. Hence no deal.


How would one expect to get a return from this sport and especially a club like Leigh Atomic?

What tangible assets do Leigh Centurions own, the stadium does not belong to the club, albeit for a small share holding in the Leigh Sports Village Company the facilities are rented and the club doesn't even get a return on match day sales of refreshments, the only thing of any value is the player's on contract who could be sold on mid contract for a fee, but come the end of the contract even they are free agents.

Do you think Leigh Centurions would ever draw in enough paying spectators to make the club worthwhile to an investor who wanted to make money? The 5,500 or so average home fans in '17 was a fantastic return of over 10% on the towns population which is not bettered in that respect by many other professional sports club in the country is about the best we could expect.

I may be wrong and you could very well be right, will we ever know unless the club or Mr Beaumont tells us?

When Dr Koukash stated his desire on GMR to join the club, I don't think that was in the interest of making money he is savvy enough to know their would not be much if ever coming back his way, it is a hobby or a pastime for money people, just like anyone whatever ever their desire, enthusiasm and recreation lots of people 'invest' in to satisfy themselves.
Re: Where are the signings ? Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:08 am  

User avatarEVO105 wrote:
EVO105 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:17 pm
Posts: 377
Member for 6 years
:BOW: :BOW: :BOW: :BOW:
Harry Stottle wrote:
How would one expect to get a return from this sport and especially a club like Leigh Atomic?

What tangible assets do Leigh Centurions own, the stadium does not belong to the club, albeit for a small share holding in the Leigh Sports Village Company the facilities are rented and the club doesn't even get a return on match day sales of refreshments, the only thing of any value is the player's on contract who could be sold on mid contract for a fee, but come the end of the contract even they are free agents.

Do you think Leigh Centurions would ever draw in enough paying spectators to make the club worthwhile to an investor who wanted to make money? The 5,500 or so average home fans in '17 was a fantastic return of over 10% on the towns population which is not bettered in that respect by many other professional sports club in the country is about the best we could expect.

I may be wrong and you could very well be right, will we ever know unless the club or Mr Beaumont tells us?

When Dr Koukash stated his desire on GMR to join the club, I don't think that was in the interest of making money he is savvy enough to know their would not be much if ever coming back his way, it is a hobby or a pastime for money people, just like anyone whatever ever their desire, enthusiasm and recreation lots of people 'invest' in to satisfy themselves.




:BOW: :BOW: :BOW: :BOW: could not agree more, well said!
Re: Where are the signings ? Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:42 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6691
Member for 7 years
Harry Stottle wrote:
How would one expect to get a return from this sport and especially a club like Leigh Atomic?

What tangible assets do Leigh Centurions own, the stadium does not belong to the club, albeit for a small share holding in the Leigh Sports Village Company the facilities are rented and the club doesn't even get a return on match day sales of refreshments, the only thing of any value is the player's on contract who could be sold on mid contract for a fee, but come the end of the contract even they are free agents.

Do you think Leigh Centurions would ever draw in enough paying spectators to make the club worthwhile to an investor who wanted to make money? The 5,500 or so average home fans in '17 was a fantastic return of over 10% on the towns population which is not bettered in that respect by many other professional sports club in the country is about the best we could expect.

I may be wrong and you could very well be right, will we ever know unless the club or Mr Beaumont tells us?

When Dr Koukash stated his desire on GMR to join the club, I don't think that was in the interest of making money he is savvy enough to know their would not be much if ever coming back his way, it is a hobby or a pastime for money people, just like anyone whatever ever their desire, enthusiasm and recreation lots of people 'invest' in to satisfy themselves.


We need clarity on that GMR interview. For me the Good Doc stated something else which people decided to exaggerate on. The podcast is no longer available. But the stated comments are.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... 304075.amp
Image
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 134 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUMTOPICPOSTERPOSTS
Toulouse
Scarlet Pimp 3
BORED The Band Name Game
Riderofthepa 20080
Game Song Titles 20212
Wanderer 5170
Stef
DallasMead2 1
DN6
Redscat 10
BorisGate A Christmas Cover Up
chissitt 321
Pre Season
Dave K. 191
The Legend
Armavinit 12
Players and vaccination
Clearwing 189
Leeds Friendly H 23rd Jan
Bully_Boxer 67
Kit
The Whiffy K 62
Versus Fev
Spookisback 101
Transfer Talk Rumour thread V4
Seth 29
Warrington pre season
NSW 20
Whats your starting 17
vastman 61
Radio commentary
NSW 5
St Helens v Leigh
DallasMead2 14
Rumours and signings v9
sergeant pep 22684
No pay on the gate on Sunday
orangeman 17
Covid
post 630
Trinity Heritage Podcast
Spookisback 52
Channel 4 To Broadcast Super League in 2022
lefty goldbl 46
Joe Shorrocks
Cherry toffe 12
Giants v Bulldogs
Murphy 3
Which players are you looking forward to seeing this season
sanjunien 4
Love Rugby League Article
itsmeagain 9
Get your fix
itsmeagain 5
Channel 4 coverage
Pumpetypump 9
Time for a pisitive spin on it
Luppylad 33
Hub cap league predictions 2022
ninearches 16


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.27Million 1,115 ↓-2378,86211,444
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 Sat 29th Jan
       Championship 2022-R1
15:00
Leigh
v
Whitehaven
 Mon 7th Feb
       Championship 2022-R2
19:45
Featherstone
v
Leigh
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 29th Jan
CC2022 RND: 2 Army-Navy
Sun 30th Jan
CC2022 RND: 2 Rochdale-Midlands
CC2022 RND: 2 Oldham-Castleford Lock Lane
Mon 31st Jan
CH RND: 1 York-Featherstone
Mon 7th Feb
CH RND: 2 Featherstone-Leigh
Thu 10th Feb
SL RND: 1 St.Helens-Catalans
Fri 11th Feb
SL RND: 1 Hull KR-Wigan
Sat 12th Feb
SL RND: 1 Leeds-Warrington
SL RND: 1 Toulouse-Huddersfield
Thu 17th Feb
SL RND: 2 Warrington-Castleford
Fri 18th Feb
SL RND: 2 Wigan-Leeds
Sat 19th Feb
SL RND: 2 Hull FC-St.Helens
Thu 24th Feb
SL RND: 3 Leeds-Catalans
Fri 25th Feb
SL RND: 3 Hull KR-Salford
Thu 3rd Mar
SL RND: 4 Wakefield-Leeds
Fri 4th Mar
SL RND: 4 Warrington-Catalans
Thu 10th Mar
SL RND: 5 Leeds-Hull FC
Fri 11th Mar
SL RND: 5 St.Helens-Warrington
Sat 12th Mar
SL RND: 5 Huddersfield-Castleford
Thu 17th Mar
SL RND: 6 Wigan-Castleford
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
York 0 0
Dewsbury 0 0
Newcastle 0 0
Barrow 0 0
Sheffield 0 0
Workington 0 0
 
Batley 0 0
Whitehaven 0 0
Featherstone 0 0 -2
Leigh 0 0
LondonB 0 0 -2
Widnes 0 0
Bradford 0 0
Halifax 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Cornwall 0 0
Midlands 0 0
West Wales 0 0
Crusaders 0 0
LondonS 0 0
Hunslet 0 0
 
Swinton 0 0
Keighley 0 0
Oldham 0 0
Doncaster 0 0
Rochdale 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Toulouse 0 0
Catalans 0 0
Hull KR 0 0
Salford 0 0
Castleford 0 0
Hull FC 0 0
 
Leeds 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0
Warrington 0 0
St.Helens 0 0
Wigan 0 0
Wakefield 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wests 0 0
Sydney 0 0
St.George 0 0
Souths 0 0
Penrith 0 0
Parramatta 0 0
 
NQL Cowboys 0 0
NZ Warriors 0 0
Newcastle 0 0
Melbourne 0 0
Manly 0 0
Gold Coast 0 0
Cronulla 0 0
Canterbury 0 0
Canberra 0 0
Brisbane 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUMTOPICPOSTERPOSTS
Toulouse
Scarlet Pimp 3
BORED The Band Name Game
Riderofthepa 20080
Game Song Titles 20212
Wanderer 5170
Stef
DallasMead2 1
DN6
Redscat 10
BorisGate A Christmas Cover Up
chissitt 321
Pre Season
Dave K. 191
The Legend
Armavinit 12
Players and vaccination
Clearwing 189
Leeds Friendly H 23rd Jan
Bully_Boxer 67
Kit
The Whiffy K 62
Versus Fev
Spookisback 101
Transfer Talk Rumour thread V4
Seth 29
Warrington pre season
NSW 20
Whats your starting 17
vastman 61
Radio commentary
NSW 5
St Helens v Leigh
DallasMead2 14
Rumours and signings v9
sergeant pep 22684
No pay on the gate on Sunday
orangeman 17
Covid
post 630
Trinity Heritage Podcast
Spookisback 52
Channel 4 To Broadcast Super League in 2022
lefty goldbl 46
Joe Shorrocks
Cherry toffe 12
Giants v Bulldogs
Murphy 3
Which players are you looking forward to seeing this season
sanjunien 4
Love Rugby League Article
itsmeagain 9
Get your fix
itsmeagain 5
Channel 4 coverage
Pumpetypump 9
Time for a pisitive spin on it
Luppylad 33
Hub cap league predictions 2022
ninearches 16
FORUMTOPICPOSTERPOSTS
Toulouse
Scarlet Pimp 3
BORED The Band Name Game
Riderofthepa 20080
Game Song Titles 20212
Wanderer 5170
Stef
DallasMead2 1
DN6
Redscat 10
BorisGate A Christmas Cover Up
chissitt 321
Pre Season
Dave K. 191
The Legend
Armavinit 12
Players and vaccination
Clearwing 189
Leeds Friendly H 23rd Jan
Bully_Boxer 67
Kit
The Whiffy K 62
Versus Fev
Spookisback 101
Transfer Talk Rumour thread V4
Seth 29
Warrington pre season
NSW 20
Whats your starting 17
vastman 61
Radio commentary
NSW 5
St Helens v Leigh
DallasMead2 14
Rumours and signings v9
sergeant pep 22684
No pay on the gate on Sunday
orangeman 17
Covid
post 630
Trinity Heritage Podcast
Spookisback 52
Channel 4 To Broadcast Super League in 2022
lefty goldbl 46
Joe Shorrocks
Cherry toffe 12
Giants v Bulldogs
Murphy 3
Which players are you looking forward to seeing this season
sanjunien 4
Love Rugby League Article
itsmeagain 9
Get your fix
itsmeagain 5
Channel 4 coverage
Pumpetypump 9
Time for a pisitive spin on it
Luppylad 33
Hub cap league predictions 2022
ninearches 16









X
0.1