RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Crowd Size.
Re: Crowd Size. Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:24 pm  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 169
Now the Covid restrictions are over , will the Club reduce its admission prices , to get more fans through the gates m or keep them at 30 quid a time .?
Re: Crowd Size. Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:39 pm  

ColD wrote:
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6832
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
The Charlie Caroli wrote:
Now the Covid restrictions are over , will the Club reduce its admission prices , to get more fans through the gates m or keep them at 30 quid a time .?


Would reducing prices get more fans through the gate Charlie- a lot of whinging about it but not convinced a fiver either way would make that much difference, people will have the appetite for it or not

Despite it being classed as all open I think a lot of people are very uncomfortable with it all
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Crowd Size. Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:42 pm  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 169
ColD wrote:
Would reducing prices get more fans through the gate Charlie- a lot of whinging about it but not convinced a fiver either way would make that much difference, people will have the appetite for it or not

Despite it being classed as all open I think a lot of people are very uncomfortable with it all

I myself am now an OAP , and a fiver plus extras is a fair amount , this next couple of months I have a few outlays to take care of and weigh up the importance of which to pay for .

I know a few supporters who are not happy with 30 quid a pop , even to a guy in work ,to sell a product you have to make it attractive and value for money , while these days I’m not exactly a die hard , I do sometimes put rugby first , but i know others who will think twice .

This is not whinging just getting priorities right .Can I ask, in what way people are uncomfortable with the classification open ?
Re: Crowd Size. Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:58 am  
Ste100Centurions User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 2637
ColD wrote:
1. Around 500 I believe

2. I think you know the answer to that, if fact I’d go so far as to say our next home game will likely have our biggest attendance of the season


No, I don’t know the answer to that at all as I am not a R.L historian ! However I do remember Salford having a sub 2,000 crowd at home in recent years which would put us very close to them in the wooden spoon race for low crowds, a real shame when we averaged near 6,700 last time around !
Re: Crowd Size. Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:34 am  

ColD wrote:
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6832
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
The Charlie Caroli wrote:
I myself am now an OAP , and a fiver plus extras is a fair amount , this next couple of months I have a few outlays to take care of and weigh up the importance of which to pay for .

I know a few supporters who are not happy with 30 quid a pop , even to a guy in work ,to sell a product you have to make it attractive and value for money , while these days I’m not exactly a die hard , I do sometimes put rugby first , but i know others who will think twice .

This is not whinging just getting priorities right .Can I ask, in what way people are uncomfortable with the classification open ?


A lot of people will not be comfortable with the social distancing/non mask wearing. July 19th is classed as freedom day but suddenly being next to someone of whom you have no idea of there symptoms will not sit right - at the end of the day we can’t let COVID take over our way of life but it’s not going to go away overnight, and people will be wary of that

Be interesting to see what the take up will be for the Wire game that’s for sure
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Crowd Size. Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:25 am  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 169
ColD wrote:
A lot of people will not be comfortable with the social distancing/non mask wearing. July 19th is classed as freedom day but suddenly being next to someone of whom you have no idea of there symptoms will not sit right - at the end of the day we can’t let COVID take over our way of life but it’s not going to go away overnight, and people will be wary of that

Be interesting to see what the take up will be for the Wire game that’s for sure

Again , I can see your point , but after watching the European Final at Wembley ,and watching yesterday’s Cricket International from Edgebaston it didn’t seem to worry anyone at either venue,and no masks or social distancing even now there .

Myself I will eat the LSV next Thursday , ,the Covid situation , doesn’t bother me , as you say we can’t let it take over our lives , I myself like a lot of people I know have now had both jabs ,and I’m ready to get back to normality ,or at least some form of normality.Take care .
Re: Crowd Size. Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:14 pm  

User avatarDeeeekos wrote:
Deeeekos User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:27 pm
Posts: 185
I do believe the quoted venues did require proof of vaccination or negative test (please feel free to correct).

I personally can not wait for a return to normal, no masks, no distancing....and no other health checks, you know pre-2020 normal.

I fully understand people are nervous but either the vaccines work (which they clearly do) or they don't.

Wear a mask and sit away from people if you can/it makes you feel more comfortable, I've my own bugbear about mission creep of showing papers to access things, so if I can get into the LSV without then I'm there, £30 or not...though I would indeed prefer it to be cheaper.
Re: Crowd Size. Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:39 pm  
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3478
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Just saw a post on Facebook which had an image attached showing ticket prices back to normal as of July 14th (today). If I was a smart man I would attach the image !
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Re: Crowd Size. Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:13 pm  

satanicmills wrote:
satanicmills Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:02 am
Posts: 204
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
Just saw a post on Facebook which had an image attached showing ticket prices back to normal as of July 14th (today). If I was a smart man I would attach the image !



the club issued a further email

.this does seem poor treatment to season ticket holders
Re: Crowd Size. Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:02 pm  

ColD wrote:
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6832
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
satanicmills wrote:
the club issued a further email

.this does seem poor treatment to season ticket holders


I reckon there will very few ST holders who will give a monkeys to be honest - fans whinged, board listened, let’s see how many turn up now - or what other excuse they use
Onwards and upwards - LTID
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 94 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.2Million 1,595 ↓-3678,7329,567
YOUR SELECTED TEAM LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 19th Sep 15:00
SL
Huddersfield
v
Leigh
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Thu 16th Sep
SL RND: 25 Castleford24-40Warrington
Sun 12th Sep
SL RND: 24 Leigh26-18Wakefield
NRL RND: 26 Parramatta28-20Newcastle
CH RND: 21 Batley24-31Dewsbury
CH RND: 21 LondonB28-48Featherstone
CH RND: 21 Oldham24-38Newcastle
CH RND: 21 Whitehaven19-6Halifax
CH RND: 21 Widnes10-9Bradford
CH RND: 21 Sheffield28-34Swinton
L1 RND: 21 Workington14-32Hunslet
L1 RND: 21 Doncaster26-28Keighley
L1 RND: 21 Rochdale50-22Coventry
WSL RND: 15 CastlefordW6-50St.HelensW
WSL RND: 15 Wire W18-34FeatherstoneW
WSL RND: 15 LeedsW28-10WiganW
Sat 11th Sep
SL RND: 24 Hull FC0-10Wigan
SL RND: 24 Warrington20-19Salford
SL RND: 24 Catalans18-30Huddersfield
SL RND: 24 Hull KR26-19Castleford
NRL
LIVE
Sydney25-24Gold Coast
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 24
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 22 680 386 294 38 176.17 86.36
St.Helens 20 534 203 331 32 263.05 80
Warrington 20 548 330 218 29 166.06 72.50
Wigan 24 375 377 -2 28 99.47 58.33
Hull KR 19 485 422 63 20 114.93 52.63
Leeds 23 520 428 92 24 121.50 52.17
 
Castleford 22 415 512 -97 22 81.05 50
Hull FC 20 397 432 -35 17 91.90 42.50
Huddersfield 23 418 492 -74 16 84.96 34.78
Wakefield 23 438 536 -98 16 81.72 34.78
Salford 21 376 572 -196 12 65.73 28.57
Leigh 21 332 828 -496 4 40.10 9.52
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Crusaders 17 539 410 129 22 131.46 64.71
Doncaster 17 472 390 82 22 121.03 64.71
Keighley 18 612 385 227 23 158.96 63.89
Hunslet 18 562 435 127 20 129.20 55.56
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::