WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Flower signs!

Board index Super League Leigh Centurions Flower signs!

Flower signs! Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:47 pm  
CHEADLE LEYTHER Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Apparently we have signed a player who deliberately punched a prone defenceless Saints player in the head in the 2014 grand final (watch it on YouTube). As Leigh fans are we ok with this especially after the signing of Sidlow?
Re: Flower signs! Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:57 pm  

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:
Apparently we have signed a player who deliberately punched a prone defenceless Saints player in the head in the 2014 grand final (watch it on YouTube). As Leigh fans are we ok with this especially after the signing of Sidlow?

Should we condemn him forever? What's done is done don't ya think?
Re: Flower signs! Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:09 pm  

User avatarBent&Bongser wrote:
Bent&Bongser User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:

Hi Chayders, hope your well. :thumb:

Personal thoughts on Flower ending a lad's career and the pathetic penalty given (and mainly served out of season) are well documented passim.

With you 100% and can think of a formerly regular poster who was no fan of the disciplinary record of the comparative saint, Acton, who is probably raising his bushy white eyebrows at this signing too.
Re: Flower signs! Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:18 pm  
Bartholemew Smythe User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

He didn`t do that in a Leyth shirt to my knowledge?
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
Re: Flower signs! Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:45 pm  
CHEADLE LEYTHER Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Well as a long standing Leigh supporter, I don’t like us signing WIggin players on principle. If you watch the YouTube video, of the incident,if that had happened on the street, he would have got a prison sentence rather than a 12 match ban. When in the nineties Jason Donahue originally got sine die for a high tackle in an A team match,he got a lenient sentence considering it ended the Saints player’s career.
Re: Flower signs! Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:57 pm  

User avatarreffy wrote:
reffy User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Flower served his punishment, if he had been sent to jail he would also have served his punishment. Be honest, it is the Wigan connection that has made you dissenters post, not the offence.
He is a Leigh player now, just stay away when he plays if it is so important to you.
Re: Flower signs! Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:58 pm  

User avatarmaurice wrote:
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

What year was that CL? What is his record since? He was way over pumped for that game and saw the red mist when impeded, I am more concerned with his fitness
Re: Flower signs! Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:41 pm  
Ste100Centurions User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

A bit *Meh* !
Re: Flower signs! Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:53 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:
Well as a long standing Leigh supporter, I don’t like us signing WIggin players on principle. If you watch the YouTube video, of the incident,if that had happened on the street, he would have got a prison sentence rather than a 12 match ban. When in the nineties Jason Donahue originally got sine die for a high tackle in an A team match,he got a lenient sentence considering it ended the Saints player’s career.

Jason Donahue binned for a high tackle? On who? Kenny Green...lol.
Re: Flower signs! Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:31 pm  
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

atomic wrote:
Jason Donahue binned for a high tackle? On who? Kenny Green...lol.

I remember Kenny Green clothes-lining the odd prop every now and then. Granted he had to jump a little to do it, but he was never one to shy from a battle when needs must.
Back on track, I like this signing. Yes the Grand Final was a bad incident but that is 6 years ago and I think Ben will do a great job for us.
Re coming from Wigan, couldn’t give a monkies, he is wearing our shirt now :thumb:
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Next