WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad for 2020

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Squad for 2020

Re: Squad for 2020
Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:14 am
Posted by Harry Stottle on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:14 am
Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 90
Rep Position: 221st / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 316
Snowy wrote:
Its all gone quiet on the Sammut front as I thought it was a done deal, either signed or loan.

I wouldn't rule out Brierley either but i suppose we will know more after Sunday ?

I really hope we have secured Sammut, the thought of Josh Woods for another season does not fill me with much expectation of our progress next year.
Re: Squad for 2020
Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:18 pm
Posted by Jboyleigh on Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:18 pm
Jboyleigh Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 300th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:07 pm
Posts: 88
21 confirmed so far:

Backs (7)
Greg McNally
Adam Higson
Junior Sau
Brad Holroyd
Iain Thornley
Liam Forsyth
Ryan Ince

Halves (3)
Martyn Ridyard
Danny Addy
Ben Reynolds

Forwards (11)
Andy Thornley
Matty Wildie
Jordan Thompson
Nathan Mason
Sam Brooks
Tom Spencer
Liam Hood
Callum Field
Ben Hellewell
Nick Glohe
Mark Ioane
Re: Squad for 2020
Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:49 pm
Posted by Alan on Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:49 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 861
Rep Position: 9th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11945
Location: Back in Lancashire
Harry Stottle wrote:
I really hope we have secured Sammut, the thought of Josh Woods for another season does not fill me with much expectation of our progress next year.


Josh is very much learning his trade. Sammut can be a game changer.
Re: Squad for 2020
Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 pm
Posted by Montyburns on Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 pm
Montyburns Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 240
Rep Position: 113th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Posts: 1043
I can assure you all this squad of players have never trained like they have this pre season ever in there career this is what I like to hear as it can only make us better fitness = extra effort and win most of the close games
Re: Squad for 2020
Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:08 am
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:08 am
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 169
Rep Position: 156th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3336
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Montyburns wrote:
I can assure you all this squad of players have never trained like they have this pre season ever in there career this is what I like to hear as it can only make us better fitness = extra effort and win most of the close games


Great to hear. I am really liking the squad being put together.
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Re: Squad for 2020
Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:06 am
Posted by atomic on Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:06 am
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 475
Rep Position: 43rd / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5979
Harry Stottle wrote:
I really hope we have secured Sammut, the thought of Josh Woods for another season does not fill me with much expectation of our progress next year.


That’s a little low Harry. Give the lad a chance. Sammut will show him the ropes.
Image
Re: Squad for 2020
Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:48 pm
Posted by Jboyleigh on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:48 pm
Jboyleigh Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 300th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:07 pm
Posts: 88
23 confirmed so far:

In my opinion I am mot sure yet that this squad is much better than last year - having lost our 3 best forwards Douglas, T Adamson & Cator. The halves are the same as last year and I didn't think the backs who played at the end of last season Higson, Sau, Forsyth and Thornley created very much - maybe they didn't have time to gel. I think some quality dual reg players helped us do well in the first half of the season - I wonder if we have DR again this season?

Maybe Ince & Mullen will add a bit of pace and Addy and Wildie a bit of know-how in the forwards. Could do with a bit more quality to make this a top 2 squad.


Backs (8)
Greg McNally
Adam Higson
Junior Sau
Brad Holroyd
Iain Thornley
Liam Forsyth
Ryan Ince
Craig Mullen

Halves (3)
Martyn Ridyard
Josh Woods
Ben Reynolds

Forwards (12)
Danny Addy
Andy Thornley
Matty Wildie
Jordan Thompson
Nathan Mason
Sam Brooks
Tom Spencer
Liam Hood
Callum Field
Ben Hellewell
Nick Glohe
Mark Ioane
Re: Squad for 2020
Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:24 pm
Posted by Alan on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:24 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 861
Rep Position: 9th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11945
Location: Back in Lancashire
Jboyleigh wrote:
23 confirmed so far:

In my opinion I am mot sure yet that this squad is much better than last year - having lost our 3 best forwards Douglas, T Adamson & Cator. The halves are the same as last year and I didn't think the backs who played at the end of last season Higson, Sau, Forsyth and Thornley created very much - maybe they didn't have time to gel. I think some quality dual reg players helped us do well in the first half of the season - I wonder if we have DR again this season?

Maybe Ince & Mullen will add a bit of pace and Addy and Wildie a bit of know-how in the forwards. Could do with a bit more quality to make this a top 2 squad.


Backs (8)
Greg McNally
Adam Higson
Junior Sau
Brad Holroyd
Iain Thornley
Liam Forsyth
Ryan Ince
Craig Mullen

Halves (3)
Martyn Ridyard
Josh Woods
Ben Reynolds

Forwards (12)
Danny Addy
Andy Thornley
Matty Wildie
Jordan Thompson
Nathan Mason
Sam Brooks
Tom Spencer
Liam Hood
Callum Field
Ben Hellewell
Nick Glohe
Mark Ioane


Thanks for the update 'jp'. I tend to agree with you that the squad needs a bit more 'wow factor'. Hopefully, a couple more signings may move towards that.
Re: Squad for 2020
Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 am
Posted by atomic on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 am
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 475
Rep Position: 43rd / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5979
Alan wrote:
Thanks for the update 'jp'. I tend to agree with you that the squad needs a bit more 'wow factor'. Hopefully, a couple more signings may move towards that.


I suppose we are back to the question of DR? Then strengthen come the business end. Would seem a logical answer rather than using your own.
Image
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Honest Joe, reffy and 95 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,995,3591,82277,9484,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Sat 8th Feb 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
YORK
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
LEIGH
Sun 8th Mar 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
HALIFAX
Sat 21st Mar 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
OLDHAM
Sun 29th Mar 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
LEIGH
Fri 10th Apr 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Mon 13th Apr 15:00
 CH
WHITEHAVEN
v
LEIGH
Sun 19th Apr 15:00
 CH
LONDON BRONCOS
v
LEIGH
Sun 26th Apr 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 3rd May 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 17th May 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LEIGH
Sun 24th May 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sun 31st May 17:30
 CH
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 14th Jun 15:00
 CH
OLDHAM
v
LEIGH
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 28th Jun 15:00
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
LEIGH
Sat 4th Jul 15:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
LEIGH
Sun 12th Jul 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
LEIGH
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





22