Posted by reffy on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:53 pm
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 339
Rep Position: 71st / 77,905

Quiz Score: 40

Harold Rigby Jnr wrote:
I thought we really struggled in the second half with no half backs following Woods departure. We needed someone out there to step up as play maker but there appeared no volunteers. We lacked organisation , we lacked leadership.

What We do evidently need is Ridyard and Woods fully fit next week. Im sorry Charlie we do need more in the halves than a one off opportunist 70 yard try at the death.

It is a bit sad that you exaggerate to confirm your intense dislike of Brierley, he did much more than score the try at the end, you know it but you won’t admit it.
Re: Sunday's squad v Batley
Post Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:05 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:05 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 721
Rep Position: 16th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 224

Tricky Dicky wrote:
How did clarke play

Evening Tricky, he did well. Came off the subs bench after 20 minutes, and he really does 'steam' on to a ball, big lad and got pace as well. 2nd half didn't have quite as much impact, as I'm guessing he hasn't played that much rugby of late. He probably did enough to make next weeks 17, but to be honest didn't notice his tackling, as I'm more observant on our players when they have the ball, not without it. :D
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Post Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:27 pm
Posted by The Publican on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:27 pm
The Publican User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 285th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Harold Rigby Jnr wrote:
I thought we really struggled in the second half with no half backs following Woods departure. We needed someone out there to step up as play maker but there appeared no volunteers. We lacked organisation , we lacked leadership.

What We do evidently need is Ridyard and Woods fully fit next week. Im sorry Charlie we do need more in the halves than a one off opportunist 70 yard try at the death.

I love reading your posts, and agree with a lot you post plus you seem to have an insider with you as 99% of stuff you say does actually happen but your blatant dislike of Ryan astounds me, Ryan is a very good player at this level and brings a dimension to the team that no one else in our squad can. For mine it has to be one of Riddy and Josh ( as I think they are a very similar kind of player ) and Ryan in the half’s going forward.
Post Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:31 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:31 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 721
Rep Position: 16th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 224

Well said...
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Post Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:46 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:46 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 508
Rep Position: 36th / 77,905

A few have asked me am I related to Ryan, as I praise him so much.?Im not related to him in any way,I just think he is a very good support player,who has speed and enthusiasm ,and brings to the Leigh table elements we are short of in Rugby terms.
The lad is a credit to his Family as a person,and regards the LSV as his home,folk say he can’t tackle, well he produced a couple of good ones today, can kick goals ,and adds another dimension to our attack.
I must also mention McNally though, I was a critic of his in his previous spell at the Club , but the way he joins the line now and his looping runs is another quality ,the first Leigh try proved this, and I think over the next few games Sau, and Higson will benefit from Greggs play.
Today was scrappy at times, and in the coming weeks we need to rack up points for our points difference,I’m sure JD knows this, for me 2nd spot is still there, an exciting few weeks to the climax of the season.Looking forward to it,Cmon Leythers.
Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:54 am
Posted by kirkhall on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:54 am
kirkhall User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 80
Rep Position: 234th / 77,905

Duffy has a simple choice between Brierley and Woods to partner Riddy. We are like a ship without a Rudder/ Riddy :wink: when Riddy dosn't play, as we saw yesterday! We saw Batleys Danny Yates organising his team superbly and whilst Woods tries his best he is woefully lacking pace! Everyone loves to see Ryan on the end of a pass and leaving the opposition grasping at thin air and, this is why Brierley should play because without him, we have no pace in the team!
If Riddy doesn't line up against Widnes, we wont be going to Brent :wink:
Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:04 am
Posted by kirkhall on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:04 am
kirkhall User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

To my friends in the North Stand, you wont know just how much Batley were allowed to be offside by the officials!
There were times when Danny Yates was almost in our attacking line and, the big tall lad was almost as bad :shock: I'm a bit sad that we don't have the on field awareness to spot this and use to our advantage particularly, that we now have Brierley to get in around the back of them! come on Coaches look at this because, teams are increasingly being allowed to transgress :roll:
Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:17 pm
Posted by satanicmills on Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:17 pm
satanicmills Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 282nd / 77,905

Brierleys natural position for us is full back.He could probably do as good a job as McNally given some game time in that position .
McNally is well established in our team and therefore must play next week.
So must Woods if fit.He is much improved from the start of the season as his confidence has grown and the coach has shown faith in him.
That leaves a place on the wing for Ryan, Forsyth on the other, as we have two decent centres one of whom sped away nicely for his try yesterday.
That might mean a battle of the bombs to the wingers given part of our tactics v the chemics at blackpool and ryan possibly vulnerable to the high kick though may be less so next to a tall centre.
Woods and Riddy hold the edge over Ryan in the kicking game and I believe Riddy kicks goals
Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:27 pm
Posted by kirkhall on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:27 pm
kirkhall User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

McNally is the classiest player we have had since Steve Donlan wonderful hands !
Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:57 pm
Posted by Harold Rigby Jnr on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:57 pm
Harold Rigby Jnr User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 237
Rep Position: 111th / 77,905

reffy wrote:
It is a bit sad that you exaggerate to confirm your intense dislike of Brierley, he did much more than score the try at the end, you know it but you won’t admit it.

Good Evening Reffy.

First of all, please afford me the opportunity to place here what I wrote about young Ryan on his previous outing for Leigh.

Harold Rigby Jnr wrote:

A superb pass put Brierley through for his try and to be fair to young Ryan not many players would have scored that as he managed to beat a number of defenders to the line out wide.

Your referral to an 'Intense Dislike' of the boy is therefore definitely a harsh response to my post and actually can be said is an exaggeration of my analysis in it self. Can the boy score some outstanding long range rugby tries? He certainly can. Is it a pleasing sight for Leigh to break the line and to see young Ryan right on his shoulder. Most certainly? Do I rate him as a scrum half, well I did set my stall out there by naming a list of numerous Championship players I thought may be a more effective aquisition as a half back so admittedly not.

I call it Reffy as I see it. You rate him and it is your prerogative to do so and for you to also state that fact on here.

However I would not say I have an 'Intense Dislike' for the boy as that is quite a misleading comment if I am entitled to say so.
PreviousNext