WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Welcome Back Cory Patterson

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Welcome Back Cory Patterson

Welcome Back Cory Patterson
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 139
Rep Position: 129th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3254
Location: Vancouver, Canada
I just received an email from the website. If fit he could be a great addition.
Welcome back Cory.
(Sorry dont know gow to.post links)
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Re: Welcome Back Cory Patterson
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:27 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:27 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 426
Rep Position: 27th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12788
Location: blackpool tower circus
I’m a bit shocked, I know he didn’t want to leave Leigh, before he joined Toronto, he did well for us and Toronto ,so it could be a good signing , but we are thin in the backs, I keep hoping Ryan B will return, fingers crossed.
Re: Welcome Back Cory Patterson
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:32 pm
Posted by ColD on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:32 pm
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 307
Rep Position: 53rd / 77,699

Quiz Score: 84

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6464
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
charlie caroli wrote:
I’m a bit shocked, I know he didn’t want to leave Leigh, before he joined Toronto, he did well for us and Toronto ,so it could be a good signing , but we are thin in the backs, I keep hoping Ryan B will return, fingers crossed.


Where would you play Brierley- gotta be McNally at FB, doesn’t work for me Riddy going there
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Welcome Back Cory Patterson
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:37 pm
Posted by CHEADLE LEYTHER on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:37 pm
CHEADLE LEYTHER Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 71
Rep Position: 192nd / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 am
Posts: 404
I think we can forget Ryan for this season as Toronto will now recognise us as serious challengers, but the forward strength is now as impressive as any in the league.
Re: Welcome Back Cory Patterson
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 426
Rep Position: 27th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12788
Location: blackpool tower circus
ColD wrote:
Where would you play Brierley- gotta be McNally at FB, doesn’t work for me Riddy going there

Col, I’ve said it many times, Ryan has the X factor, I would just let him roam and do his own thing.Ive watched his try from the Bash,he makes up about 30 yards before receiving the pass.But if he has to have a position, then maybe wing.And I know he’s not a winger.
Re: Welcome Back Cory Patterson
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:40 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:40 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 426
Rep Position: 27th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12788
Location: blackpool tower circus
CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:
I think we can forget Ryan for this season as Toronto will now recognise us as serious challengers, but the forward strength is now as impressive as any in the league.

CL , I can’t disagree with any of your post. :thumb:
Re: Welcome Back Cory Patterson
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:11 pm
Posted by kaykie6 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:11 pm
kaykie6 Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 261st / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 12:24 pm
Posts: 35
charlie caroli wrote:
Col, I’ve said it many times, Ryan has the X factor, I would just let him roam and do his own thing.Ive watched his try from the Bash,he makes up about 30 yards before receiving the pass.But if he has to have a position, then maybe wing.And I know he’s not a winger.

Pointless on the wing Charlie because there's no way he'd be there to back up any half break round the middle,I defo agree if we got him back he could quite easily be the difference in a tight game the way he sniffs out a try so for me either riddy or woods has to miss out,which one u pick has to be on form but brierley has played about 2 to 3 seasons with riddy but Josh is playing well at the moment
Re: Welcome Back Cory Patterson
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 139
Rep Position: 129th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3254
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Re RB I would play him in the centres. That way he can make/back-up breaks through the middle and out wide. He would also make space for others as he would draw defensive attention which may leave more gaps in the middle for the halfbacks to put through back row fowards.
Re Patterson, he is talking about a possibility for next season if he can prove to be valuable this. If he can get back to his best he would be a solid squad member.
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Re: Welcome Back Cory Patterson
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:38 pm
Posted by kaykie6 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:38 pm
kaykie6 Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 261st / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 12:24 pm
Posts: 35
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
Re RB I would play him in the centres. That way he can make/back-up breaks through the middle and out wide. He would also make space for others as he would draw defensive attention which may leave more gaps in the middle for the halfbacks to put through back row fowards.
Re Patterson, he is talking about a possibility for next season if he can prove to be valuable this. If he can get back to his best he would be a solid squad member.
I'm sorry but most centres would have a field day with Ryan in centres yes he might back up but I think he would cost us more than we'd score and I don't mean that to be disrespectful to Ryan but centre is a specialised position
Re: Welcome Back Cory Patterson
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:57 pm
Posted by Alan on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:57 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 733
Rep Position: 7th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11684
Location: Back in Lancashire
kaykie6 wrote:
I'm sorry but most centres would have a field day with Ryan in centres yes he might back up but I think he would cost us more than we'd score and I don't mean that to be disrespectful to Ryan but centre is a specialised position


And we've got a couple of good big lads there at the moment!

I would think Ryan would now be more for next season, if he doesn't get fixed up anywhere 'better'. Let's leave Josh, Gregg and Riddy where they are. (and pray none of them gets injured!)
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kirkhall and 127 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,925,7341,75577,6994,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 28th Jul 15:00
1895
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 4th Aug 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sun 11th Aug 15:00
 CH
ROCHDALE
v
LEIGH
Sun 18th Aug 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
YORK
Sat 7th Sep 18:00
 CH
TORONTO
v
LEIGH
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






22