WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - All Time Team

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions All Time Team

All Time Team
Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 am
Posted by Mookachaka on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 am
Mookachaka Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 25
Rep Position: 216th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:13 pm
Posts: 1144
I'm a little younger than most people on here, but what is your All Time Leigh Team?

1. Turley
2. Wilshire
3. Halliwell
4. Matautia
5. Maden
6. Ridyard
7. Martyn
8. Street
9. Higham
10. Hill
11. J.Taylor
12. Goulden
13. Wilkes

14. Rowley
15. FuiFui
16. Stapleton
17. Grundy
Re: All Time Team
Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:13 pm
Posted by The Publican on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:13 pm
The Publican User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 22
Rep Position: 219th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:04 pm
Posts: 674
Location: at home with my girls
Not necessarily the best players I have seen at leigh, but the ones I have enjoyed watching the most if that makes sense lol.

1. Neil Turley
2. Des Drummond
3. Scott Mahon
4. Dean Hanger
5. Phil fox
6. John woods
7. Shane Varley
8. Fui fui
9. Micky Higham
10. Tim Street
11. Ian Potter
12. Jeff Clarke
13. Adam Bristow

14. Paul Rowley
15. Trevor Cogger
16. Ian Schubert
17. Chris Hill
Image
Re: All Time Team
Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:24 pm
Posted by maurice on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:24 pm
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 171
Rep Position: 96th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16398
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
Brits only 70 onwards

1. Neil Turley
2. Des Drummond
3. Steve Donlan
4. Terry Bilsbury
5. Phil fox
6. John woods
7. Phil Johnson
8. Chris Hill
9. Micky Higham
10. Dave Chisnall
11. Ian Potter
12. Peter Smethurst
13. Tommy Martyn snr

14. Kev Ashcroft
15. Alf Wilkinson
16. Geoff Clarkson
17. Paul Grimes
Re: All Time Team
Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 pm
Posted by reffy on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 pm
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 263
Rep Position: 58th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 40

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:17 am
Posts: 4484
Location: Cheshire, it's Lancashire really
1 Turley
2 Drummond
3 Lewis
4 Collins
5 Tickle
6 Woods
7 Murphy
8 Owen
9 Tabern W
10 Robinson
11 Martyn M
12 Boyd
13 Fiddler

14 Hill C
15 Pyle
16 Wilkinson A
17 Ashcroft K
Re: All Time Team
Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 pm
Posted by CHEADLE LEYTHER on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 pm
CHEADLE LEYTHER Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 64
Rep Position: 177th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 am
Posts: 375
maurice wrote:
Brits only 70 onwards

1. Neil Turley
2. Des Drummond
3. Steve Donlan
4. Terry Bilsbury
5. Phil fox
6. John woods
7. Phil Johnson
8. Chris Hill
9. Micky Higham
10. Dave Chisnall
11. Ian Potter
12. Peter Smethurst
13. Tommy Martyn snr

14. Kev Ashcroft
15. Alf Wilkinson
16. Geoff Clarkson
17. Paul Grimes

You do know Alex was a player for Leigh in the seventies!!??
Re: All Time Team
Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:43 am
Posted by Snowy on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:43 am
Snowy User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 91
Rep Position: 151st / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:49 pm
Posts: 7295
Location: Hilton Park !!!! RIP!!!
reffy wrote:
1 Turley
2 Drummond
3 Lewis
4 Collins
5 Tickle
6 Woods
7 Murphy
8 Owen
9 Tabern W
10 Robinson
11 Martyn M
12 Boyd
13 Fiddler

14 Hill C
15 Pyle
16 Wilkinson A
17 Ashcroft K



That is some backline but I would change Collins to Henderson though and Tickle to Fox.

Fiddler would have to be replaced by Bristow. Its a pity Adam never got to play S/L, but what a player. I dont think too many fans realised just how good he was and if any player deserved S/L, it was Adam.

Robinson to be replaced by T Martyn Snr with Jeff Clarke going to second row.

Walt Tabern would have to be replaced by Peter Ropati who would compliment our half backs no end.

I would be tempted to swap Turley with Woods , and the 6 going to Tommy Martyn Jnr.
[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]TBF he's a good lad Snowy.


A wind up merchant but a good lad.


:lol:[/quote]

[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]That sig snowy is Ssooooooooooo old !!![/quote]

OOpps - nowt changes !!

[b]Widnes 8 Leigh 10 LOL!!!
Leigh 23 Widnes 16 LOL!!
Leigh 30 Widnes 16 LOL!!
Widnes 18 Leigh 38 Oh Dear !!
Leigh 54 Widnes 16 FFS!!!
Leigh 50 Widnes 18 We gave them 3 tries !!!
Widnes 18 Leigh 24 Still no points in the 2nd half!!
Good luck Widnes. See you in 2015 !![/b]
Re: All Time Team
Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:29 am
Posted by atomic on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:29 am
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 355
Rep Position: 29th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5706
Snowy wrote:
That is some backline but I would change Collins to Henderson though and Tickle to Fox.

Fiddler would have to be replaced by Bristow. Its a pity Adam never got to play S/L, but what a player. I dont think too many fans realised just how good he was and if any player deserved S/L, it was Adam.

Robinson to be replaced by T Martyn Snr with Jeff Clarke going to second row.

Walt Tabern would have to be replaced by Peter Ropati who would compliment our half backs no end.

I would be tempted to swap Turley with Woods , and the 6 going to Tommy Martyn Jnr.


Thought Chris Johnson had a prolific time as FB and his kicking. Henderson certainly one for the ladies but his pace was poor. Ian Potter sublime never missed one. Phil Fox was always undermined with what was on the other wing,but still carried massive pace. Clarke was just in a league of his own.

Fiddler could hit the up and under,and boy was it an up and under. Lots of choices and all did the club proud..
Image
Re: All Time Team
Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 am
Posted by maurice on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 am
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 171
Rep Position: 96th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16398
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
Clarke made far too many errors
Re: All Time Team
Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:17 am
Posted by kirkhall on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:17 am
kirkhall User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 48
Rep Position: 193rd / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:36 pm
Posts: 1705
Location: Near Leyth
atomic wrote:
Thought Chris Johnson had a prolific time as FB and his kicking. Henderson certainly one for the ladies but his pace was poor. Ian Potter sublime never missed one. Phil Fox was always undermined with what was on the other wing,but still carried massive pace. Clarke was just in a league of his own.

Fiddler could hit the up and under,and boy was it an up and under. Lots of choices and all did the club proud..


Henderson was fast !
Re: All Time Team
Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
Posted by satanicmills on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
satanicmills Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 218th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:02 am
Posts: 29
just leythers I saw play
Hogan
McCulloch
Bilsbury
Donlan
Stacey
Woods
Eckersley
Wilkinson
Higham
Pyke
Martyn T
Cottrell
Pendlebury
MartynT
Westhead
Fiddler
Goulden
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: reffy, The Phantom Horseman and 127 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,894,9821,36477,6144,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
CANBERRA
16-22
NQL COWBOYS
TODAY 08:30
NRL
NZ WARRIORS
v
BRISBANE
TODAY 10:35
NRL
SOUTHS
v
WESTS TIGERS
TODAY 14:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
TODAY 14:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
LEIGH
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
WHITEHAVEN
v
LONDON SKOLARS
TODAY 16:30
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
TODAY 19:00
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 2nd Jun 15:00
1895
LEIGH
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
HALIFAX
Sun 16th Jun 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 23rd Jun 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 28th Jun 19:45
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
LEIGH
Sun 7th Jul 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
LEIGH
Sun 14th Jul 15:00
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
v
LEIGH
Sun 21st Jul 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 4th Aug 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sun 11th Aug 15:00
 CH
ROCHDALE
v
LEIGH
Sun 18th Aug 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
YORK
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






22