WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Radio Manchester sport

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Radio Manchester sport

Re: Radio Manchester sport Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:55 pm  

User avatarJENKY wrote:
JENKY User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:28 pm
Posts: 5007
Location: At the seaside
If we have gone into admin does this mean DB won't be allowed by the RFL to have any involvement anymore?
Mines a pint...

'Hi-Ho Silver Lining'
Headingley 05th October 2014.
Re: Radio Manchester sport Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:12 pm  

User avatarmaurice wrote:
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16457
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
But these two aren't being made redundant. There will be others brought in to replace them.
These two may well have had other offers but were enticed to Leigh by the contract and now being told they're not getting owt like that.
I don't blame them one iota for chasing whats due to them. Sheeite happens. This could have been us in 2013 with the chuckle brothers making their noise at fev. I wouldn't have blamed any player for trying to protect his lot.


I don't disagree with any of that, but as the club has loans of 1.3m to DB then they should have the common sense to realise they don't have a great set of options, we will be doing a pre pack and start again imo. Personally I would have both parties in a room with no agents to reach a compromise, better than paying it to an administrator. Nobody will walk away smelling of roses here, but DB is not obliged to personally fund the contract so if he chooses not to and nobody else wants to - whats next?
Re: Radio Manchester sport Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:16 pm  

User avatarmaurice wrote:
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16457
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
JENKY wrote:
If we have gone into admin does this mean DB won't be allowed by the RFL to have any involvement anymore?


I understand the RFL are under pressure to prevent pre packs that leave HMRC out of pocket, I believe this isn't the case so who knows. There is a strong rumour of someone else taking over after and that DB has already stated newco will have a positive bank balance of 100k

My take is we need quick closure so we can unite and rebuild
Re: Radio Manchester sport Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 pm  

Alan wrote:
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11989
Location: Back in Lancashire
maurice wrote:
I understand the RFL are under pressure to prevent pre packs that leave HMRC out of pocket, I believe this isn't the case so who knows. There is a strong rumour of someone else taking over after and that DB has already stated newco will have a positive bank balance of 100k

My take is we need quick closure so we can unite and rebuild


Fully agree with that.
Re: Radio Manchester sport Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:57 pm  

JackDiggle wrote:
JackDiggle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:02 pm
Posts: 298
The structure of funding in the championship is a disgrace to the sport. There will hopefully always be more then 4 decent clubs in with a shout and the gap between 4th and 5th in central funding is almost impossible to deal with from a commercial planning point of view. Get relegated from SL and you get a parachute and all contracts void. Plan for top 4 in champ and fail or get demoted from top 4 and you are stuffed. The funds should be allocated on points earned and if teams are bunched then they share what’s going and would probably be able to guess next years funding a few weeks out.

From what I’ve gleaned on here it’s also not possible to create contracts acceptable to RFL that base the ongoing rewards with pitch performance.

The two scenarios create an almost impossible basis on which to run a business - to survive just aim low and try not to miss.
Re: Radio Manchester sport Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:18 pm  
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 13012
Location: blackpool tower circus
Alan wrote:
Fully agree with that.

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
Re: Radio Manchester sport Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:48 pm  

Alan wrote:
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11989
Location: Back in Lancashire
JackDiggle wrote:
The structure of funding in the championship is a disgrace to the sport. There will hopefully always be more then 4 decent clubs in with a shout and the gap between 4th and 5th in central funding is almost impossible to deal with from a commercial planning point of view. Get relegated from SL and you get a parachute and all contracts void. Plan for top 4 in champ and fail or get demoted from top 4 and you are stuffed. The funds should be allocated on points earned and if teams are bunched then they share what’s going and would probably be able to guess next years funding a few weeks out.

From what I’ve gleaned on here it’s also not possible to create contracts acceptable to RFL that base the ongoing rewards with pitch performance.

The two scenarios create an almost impossible basis on which to run a business - to survive just aim low and try not to miss.


Presumably the funding in the Championship is being equalised from next season Jack?
Re: Radio Manchester sport Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:28 pm  

ColD wrote:
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6659
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
Peter Kay wrote:
Blinkered , shouldve paid what he owed & leigh wouldn't be in this position


Unless I'm missing something HE doesn't owe them anything, and if THEY had pulled their fingers out or actually played enough games to matter then we wouldn't be in this position

Now, not for one minute is he my favourite person, or do I think he has gone completely the right way about this, but the business has failed and the measures have to be put in place - that's where we're at
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Radio Manchester sport Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:58 pm  

User avatarPeter Kay wrote:
Peter Kay User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:54 pm
Posts: 1422

ColD wrote:
Unless I'm missing something HE doesn't owe them anything, and if THEY had pulled their fingers out or actually played enough games to matter then we wouldn't be in this position

Now, not for one minute is he my favourite person, or do I think he has gone completely the right way about this, but the business has failed and the measures have to be put in place - that's where we're at


Utter crap
Leigh to win challenge cup before 2020
Leigh to reach Grand Final by 2022

Derek to get a queens honour (mbe) by 2025

Oh Leigh oh Leigh oh Leigh


//www.tipsterste.fabpage.com/

[quote="Michael_Ward"]Ricky Bibey = cack.

He's no good - the lad is huge but couldn't bust through a wet paper bag. He was crap at Wigan, he was crap here, and christ knows why Saints then signed him. Predictably, he was crap there as well.

He's now where he belongs, in NL1.[/quote]
Re: Radio Manchester sport Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:50 am  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6018
Peter Kay wrote:
Utter crap


They should have took what was on the table and run.
Image
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,070,8821,02978,2134,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts