Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:01 pm
Posted by Alan on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:01 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 811
Rep Position: 9th / 77,860

Quiz Score: 0

atomic wrote:
I have empathy for Acton as he just can't grasp that 'leave it' part of his game. Shame because he is a good prop, no doubt about that. But the leopard obviously hasn't changed his spots,and to be honest why should he? Its the only way he knows to play.

He's had the backing and support from the club, but sat in the stands again on a juicy contract isn't the answer for Leigh. So again they need to deal with it this time as he had his orders last time and the time before and the time before that.

Enough is enough.

Couldn't have summed it up better myself. :thumb:
Re: Acton
Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm
Posted by Binosh on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm
Binosh User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 57
Rep Position: 251st / 77,860

He’s one who would have gotten the flick at the end of last year instead of Burr, Tickle & Hoppy however Derek rewarded him with a huge contract instead.

Imagine our middles with another H or Jordan Thompson instead of Acton.

2 opposite ends of the spectrum of professionalism and graft week in week out.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:09 am
Posted by kirkhall on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:09 am
kirkhall User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 80
Rep Position: 228th / 77,860

Oh well looks like our fans want him out of the club! Some thought it strange he was given a five year deal however, DB is a Business man and the Contract is a 'no loser' :wink: Leigh either get a top Prop forward or, a lot of Money for Jamie to go and flourish at another club! He will command a far bigger fee than any other forward at Leigh should DB decide to cash in!
Its funny watching players at other clubs and how their fans view them, Benny Westwood was given a Guard of Honour last week and, look at the thuggish and stupid things he has done, how many times has he let his teammates down?
Hull recently shipped Liam Watts out who is regarded as one of the top Props in S/L ! once he became available teams flocked to enlist him! I think he was the best forward on the field last week when Cas beat Leeds?
Most teams have these players, I bet there are many Hull fans who didn't want Watts to leave? Their Pack is definitely weaker for his absence !
Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:03 am
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:03 am
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 500
Rep Position: 37th / 77,860

kirkhall wrote:
Oh well looks like our fans want him out of the club! Some thought it strange he was given a five year deal however, DB is a Business man and the Contract is a 'no loser' :wink: Leigh either get a top Prop forward or, a lot of Money for Jamie to go and flourish at another club! He will command a far bigger fee than any other forward at Leigh should DB decide to cash in!
Its funny watching players at other clubs and how their fans view them, Benny Westwood was given a Guard of Honour last week and, look at the thuggish and stupid things he has done, how many times has he let his teammates down?
Hull recently shipped Liam Watts out who is regarded as one of the top Props in S/L ! once he became available teams flocked to enlist him! I think he was the best forward on the field last week when Cas beat Leeds?
Most teams have these players, I bet there are many Hull fans who didn't want Watts to leave? Their Pack is definitely weaker for his absence !

Kirky, you can't compare Acton to Westwood, or Liam Watts,for a start they BOTH do plenty of solid minutes on field,and are BOTH class players,we will see who rushes to sign Jamie if we release him, nobody will pay money for him,his future is Swinton, Rochdale Barrow, or at best Toronto ,which I cant see happening.
I agree all teams have a pack Enforcer, I've seen some greats in my time but again I can't compare Jamie,he's not on the field long enough,it's been said Jamie has spent the past 3 seasons end suspended ,I can't comment on this because I don't know if it's true,for me he's has his drink in the Last Chance Saloon ,time to let him go.We let better go last season.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:16 pm
Posted by reffy on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:16 pm
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 334
Rep Position: 70th / 77,860

Quiz Score: 40

Kirkhall your monotonous repetition is turning you into the Forum ‘must ignore’ guy.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 500
Rep Position: 37th / 77,860

kirkhall wrote:

Westwood has just played his 500 th SL game,Acton wouldn't play 500 games if he plays till he's 100.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:14 pm
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:14 pm
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 414
Rep Position: 53rd / 77,860

How many more chances does he need, he wont change.

I hope the LSV ticket office charge him for a season ticket, he spent enough time sat in the stands.
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:24 pm
Posted by Montyburns on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:24 pm
Montyburns Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 221
Rep Position: 119th / 77,860

liability no other word to describe
Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:19 pm
Posted by LeythIg on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:19 pm