RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SQUAD FOR 2022
Re: SQUAD FOR 2022 Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:06 pm  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 259
Member for 1 year
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
A glass is always at least half full and the answer to “want another” is always yes when its ⅔ full. Never let a mate get ⅔ empty. :CHEERS:
Chester and Lam are not new at this game. They will have us ready with the right players when it counts.

Very true VL , I sure the Club will announce very soon what we are all waiting to hear , this afternoon the Club posted pics of Tom Amone arriving in Leigh , and then Chris Chester stated the Club will announce 3 or 4 new signings very soon , I’m sure things will be announced as soon as everything is cut and dried .

We will be in position to make a real challenge for a return to SL this coming season ,Messers Chester ,Lam ,and Clubb haven’t come for the lobby or the scenery at the LSV ,in Leigh Centurions andDerek we trust .
Re: SQUAD FOR 2022 Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:24 am  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6691
Member for 7 years
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about or what you are DM'ing me for. I am talking specifically about your posts trolling on the Fax forum.

The post in question......



If you have no idea,then retreat to your stronghold. No point continually harassing me.
Image
Re: SQUAD FOR 2022 Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:29 am  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6691
Member for 7 years
The Charlie Caroli wrote:
Very true VL , I sure the Club will announce very soon what we are all waiting to hear , this afternoon the Club posted pics of Tom Amone arriving in Leigh , and then Chris Chester stated the Club will announce 3 or 4 new signings very soon , I’m sure things will be announced as soon as everything is cut and dried .

We will be in position to make a real challenge for a return to SL this coming season ,Messers Chester ,Lam ,and Clubb haven’t come for the lobby or the scenery at the LSV ,in Leigh Centurions andDerek we trust .


Lot of money Charlie already being paid out.. These guys are professionals at the top of the top.

Bloody hell. Nothing to worry about.
Image
Re: SQUAD FOR 2022 Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:48 am  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 259
Member for 1 year
atomic wrote:
Lot of money Charlie already being paid out.. These guys are professionals at the top of the top.

Bloody hell. Nothing to worry about.

My point is ,I truly think everything is in hand , just waiting for the right time , I agree lots of money being paid out , which is why I think we should let Derek get on with providing Chester and Lam with the tools to do the job , my view is without Derek we wouldn’t be able to get the quality of players we are signing .

Yeah , at the moment the squad looks a bit thin , but a couple of additions will soon alter that , ask any Fev fan who they see as a danger to their SL dreams , I’m sure 100% will answer Leigh Centurions .
Re: SQUAD FOR 2022 Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:39 pm  

mattwom wrote:
mattwom Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:55 pm
Posts: 263
Member for 10 years
Most of these lads, I've never heard of. I'm just hoping they are "Awreet". Our Super League seasons have shown that you can't just buy a team
Re: SQUAD FOR 2022 Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:59 pm  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 259
Member for 1 year
mattwom wrote:
Most of these lads, I've never heard of. I'm just hoping they are "Awreet". Our Super League seasons have shown that you can't just buy a team

Matt, look at rugby over the years Maurice Lindsay certainly bought a team ,more than one , and look at Cas , Hull, Hull KR , even Wigan and Saints are turning to imports , not many are household names.Look at John Asiata 130 first grade NRL appearances, you do t play so many games if you are not good , and Aekins , McDonald ,and Amone have good first grade NRL , our new PNG signing scored a great try against GB and can shift a bit , Jy Hitchcock has a great scoring ratio, our latest signing Dixon is very fast and scores tries for fun , add to this some hungry youngsters , I’m very excited , and we haven’t finished singing yet , yeah some like to knock Derek , maybe they have personal issues with him , but I bet most others teams fans would have him .
Let’s wait till a few games in before worrying , I’m confident , and can’t wait .
Re: SQUAD FOR 2022 Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 pm  
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3505
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Member for 16 years
If this squad doesn’t challenge for the top spot, I’ll eat my ow’d mons flat cap that dates back to at least the Hilton Park 60’s.
Fev will be a force and we will have a few bumps in the early weeks, but this squad and the quality we will get from Saints will be a match for anyone.
Saints have a very large and capable squad this year. They will need to keep them all match fit and engaged. I am sure we will benefit from that (James Bells please !)
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Re: SQUAD FOR 2022 Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:43 pm  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 259
Member for 1 year
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
If this squad doesn’t challenge for the top spot, I’ll eat my ow’d mons flat cap that dates back to at least the Hilton Park 60’s.
Fev will be a force and we will have a few bumps in the early weeks, but this squad and the quality we will get from Saints will be a match for anyone.
Saints have a very large and capable squad this year. They will need to keep them all match fit and engaged. I am sure we will benefit from that (James Bells please !)

VL, Saints have big squad and are never frightened to blood youngsters in their first team , this can only benefit us , I can see James Bell making a return to Leigh ,especially if things don’t work out for him , having said that , we have a chance early on with playing Fev away to beat them , and Dane Chisholm isn’t available for the first month , I’m forecasting we will be top of the League at the seasons end .
Re: SQUAD FOR 2022 Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:15 pm  
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3505
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Member for 16 years
The Charlie Caroli wrote:
VL, Saints have big squad and are never frightened to blood youngsters in their first team , this can only benefit us , I can see James Bell making a return to Leigh ,especially if things don’t work out for him , having said that , we have a chance early on with playing Fev away to beat them , and Dane Chisholm isn’t available for the first month , I’m forecasting we will be top of the League at the seasons end .


I’m totally with you on that forecast Charlie.
Are my glasses rose tinted, absobloodylutely.
And my other glass is as always, half full :CHEERS:
Roll on the regular season.
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Re: SQUAD FOR 2022 Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 pm  

User avatarJ7P1 wrote:
J7P1 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 12:18 pm
Posts: 238
Member for 2 years
Happy with the squad so far and really looking forward to the first home game against Haven. Thank you Derek for enabling such a strong group of players and staff. It should be a great season. Competitive, but we have the strength to compete at the top.

It would be good to recruit a fast 16 stone centre, a big fast second rower and one more nasty middle.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 116 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.26Million 754 78,8569,567
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 Sat 29th Jan
       Championship 2022-R1
15:00
Leigh
v
Whitehaven
 Mon 7th Feb
       Championship 2022-R2
19:45
Featherstone
v
Leigh
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 29th Jan
CC2022 RND: 2 Army-Navy
Sun 30th Jan
CC2022 RND: 2 Rochdale-Midlands
CC2022 RND: 2 Oldham-Castleford Lock Lane
Mon 31st Jan
CH RND: 1 York-Featherstone
Mon 7th Feb
CH RND: 2 Featherstone-Leigh
Thu 10th Feb
SL RND: 1 St.Helens-Catalans
Fri 11th Feb
SL RND: 1 Hull KR-Wigan
Sat 12th Feb
SL RND: 1 Leeds-Warrington
SL RND: 1 Toulouse-Huddersfield
Thu 17th Feb
SL RND: 2 Warrington-Castleford
Fri 18th Feb
SL RND: 2 Wigan-Leeds
Sat 19th Feb
SL RND: 2 Hull FC-St.Helens
Thu 24th Feb
SL RND: 3 Leeds-Catalans
Fri 25th Feb
SL RND: 3 Hull KR-Salford
Thu 3rd Mar
SL RND: 4 Wakefield-Leeds
Fri 4th Mar
SL RND: 4 Warrington-Catalans
Thu 10th Mar
SL RND: 5 Leeds-Hull FC
Fri 11th Mar
SL RND: 5 St.Helens-Warrington
Sat 12th Mar
SL RND: 5 Huddersfield-Castleford
Thu 17th Mar
SL RND: 6 Wigan-Castleford
Sun 16th Jan
CC2022 RND: 1 Bentley16-22Stanningley
Sat 15th Jan
CC2022 RND: 1 Orrell10-18Army
CC2022 RND: 1 Rochdale M36-22Wigan St Pats
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Workington 0 0 0 0 0
Whitehaven 0 0 0 0 0
York 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
Newcastle 0 0 0 0 0
Widnes 0 0 0 0 0
 
Sheffield 0 0 0 0 0
Halifax 0 0 0 0 0
Batley 0 0 0 0 0
Featherstone 0 0 0 0 -2
Dewsbury 0 0 0 0 0
LondonB 0 0 0 0 -2
Barrow 0 0 0 0 0
Bradford 0 0 0 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
West Wales 0 0 0 0 0
LondonS 0 0 0 0 0
Swinton 0 0 0 0 0
Oldham 0 0 0 0 0
Midlands 0 0 0 0 0
Rochdale 0 0 0 0 0
 
Crusaders 0 0 0 0 0
Hunslet 0 0 0 0 0
Keighley 0 0 0 0 0
Cornwall 0 0 0 0 0
Doncaster 0 0 0 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Toulouse 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
 
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
NZ Warriors 0 0 0 0 0
Wests 0 0 0 0 0
Melbourne 0 0 0 0 0
St.George 0 0 0 0 0
Gold Coast 0 0 0 0 0
Penrith 0 0 0 0 0
 
Canterbury 0 0 0 0 0
NQL Cowboys 0 0 0 0 0
Brisbane 0 0 0 0 0
Newcastle 0 0 0 0 0
Sydney 0 0 0 0 0
Manly 0 0 0 0 0
Souths 0 0 0 0 0
Cronulla 0 0 0 0 0
Parramatta 0 0 0 0 0
Canberra 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!











0.25