WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Kevin Brown

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Kevin Brown

Re: Kevin Brown
Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:33 pm
Posted by Rammyleythers on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:33 pm
Rammyleythers Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:11 pm
Posts: 3
Perhaps play Ryan Brierley on left wing??
Re: Kevin Brown
Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:11 pm
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:11 pm
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 147
Rep Position: 152nd / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3268
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Positive move for me.
-He’s an international halfback who would be guiding one of the best teams in the country around if he hadnt been injured. Fans have been crying out for a class halfback. Here he is.
-Fans have been crying out for some competition at halfback. Well we certainly have that now.
-He will have come at what I believe will be minimal cost.
-Fans have criticized some folk of the in game kick options taken by certain halfbacks. Brown will be a big threat ball in hand on the fifth tackle.
-if he wasn’t generally fit to play he wouldn’t be here. Read the press release. He says he’s fit, Warrington wouldn’t risk him if he wasn’t fit, and Leigh wouldn’t bring him if he wasn’t fit. True ‘match’ fitness will come quickly to a man of his experience and quality.
-come playoff time would you prefer him playing for us or against us. If he wasn’t here he would have likely gone some where else and be facing us in the playoffs.
Bottom line, positive move for a SL proven halfback, with enough time for him to be a real threat come playoff time. All at minimal cost.
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Re: Kevin Brown
Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:18 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:18 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 674
Rep Position: 15th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 224

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 7605
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Well said VL ! :ROCKS: :CLAP: :CLAP:
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: Kevin Brown
Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:37 pm
Posted by Cokey on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:37 pm
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 836
Rep Position: 6th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 5865
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
Positive move for me.
-He’s an international halfback who would be guiding one of the best teams in the country around if he hadnt been injured. Fans have been crying out for a class halfback. Here he is.
-Fans have been crying out for some competition at halfback. Well we certainly have that now.
-He will have come at what I believe will be minimal cost.
-Fans have criticized some folk of the in game kick options taken by certain halfbacks. Brown will be a big threat ball in hand on the fifth tackle.
-if he wasn’t generally fit to play he wouldn’t be here. Read the press release. He says he’s fit, Warrington wouldn’t risk him if he wasn’t fit, and Leigh wouldn’t bring him if he wasn’t fit. True ‘match’ fitness will come quickly to a man of his experience and quality.
-come playoff time would you prefer him playing for us or against us. If he wasn’t here he would have likely gone some where else and be facing us in the playoffs.
Bottom line, positive move for a SL proven halfback, with enough time for him to be a real threat come playoff time. All at minimal cost.


Beltin post VL. :BOW: :thumb:
Image
Re: Kevin Brown
Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:25 pm
Posted by kirkhall on Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:25 pm
kirkhall User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 69
Rep Position: 220th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:36 pm
Posts: 1736
Location: Near Leyth
Well VL let’s hope you optimism/ confidence that Brown will be the Conductor we Apparently require ?
If your the coach on Sunday who do you select from our four halfbacks (Woods fitness unknown) bear in mind Widnes and York are two vital games and your halfbacks are expected to play the entire 80 minutes?
Re: Kevin Brown
Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:01 am
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:01 am
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 475
Rep Position: 29th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12831
Location: blackpool tower circus
kirkhall wrote:
Well VL let’s hope you optimism/ confidence that Brown will be the Conductor we Apparently require ?
If your the coach on Sunday who do you select from our four halfbacks (Woods fitness unknown) bear in mind Widnes and York are two vital games and your halfbacks are expected to play the entire 80 minutes?

Well Kirky, plenty of theories and opinions of our best 17 for Sunday’s game against Widnes, here are my 17 if they are fit.

1.Mcnally.
2.Higson.
3.Brierley.
4.I Thorniley.
5.Sau.
6.Reynolds.
7.Brown.
8.Douglas.
9.Higham.
10.Clark.
11.Thompson.
12.Patterson.
13.Cator.

14.Hood.
15.Emmitt.
16.Brooks.
17.Either of the Adamsons.

Brierley a contentious choice,at centre but for me I would have him running off Browns passes. :thumb:
Re: Kevin Brown
Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am
Posted by Harry Stottle on Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am
Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 75
Rep Position: 214th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 295
charlie caroli wrote:
Well Kirky, plenty of theories and opinions of our best 17 for Sunday’s game against Widnes, here are my 17 if they are fit.

1.Mcnally.
2.Higson.
3.Brierley.
4.I Thorniley.
5.Sau.
6.Reynolds.
7.Brown.
8.Douglas.
9.Higham.
10.Clark.
11.Thompson.
12.Patterson.
13.Cator.

14.Hood.
15.Emmitt.
16.Brooks.
17.Either of the Adamsons.

Brierley a contentious choice,at centre but for me I would have him running off Browns passes. :thumb:

Totally agree with Sa'u on the wing, for a guy of his experience in that position he doesn't half make some wierd decisions, if he can't run through the opposition it seems he is void of the skill factor to do anythibg else, he is like a poor man's Konrad Hurrell on attack and it is a toss up who makes the most mistakes, as for Brown I will not comment till I have seen him perform in a few games, if he can find anywhere near the form that got him his international selection he will be great, but as we have seen with a lot of players who step down from the SL they get quite a shock performing in the Championship with how hard it is.
Re: Kevin Brown
Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:56 am
Posted by EVO105 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:56 am
EVO105 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 68
Rep Position: 221st / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:17 pm
Posts: 284
Brown has had reassurance he will play and is a structured HB for this reason Riddy would not complement him.

Question is who would?
Re: Kevin Brown
Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:00 am
Posted by EVO105 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:00 am
EVO105 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 68
Rep Position: 221st / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:17 pm
Posts: 284
charlie caroli wrote:
Well Kirky, plenty of theories and opinions of our best 17 for Sunday’s game against Widnes, here are my 17 if they are fit.

1.Mcnally.
2.Higson.
3.Brierley.
4.I Thorniley.
5.Sau.
6.Reynolds.
7.Brown.
8.Douglas.
9.Higham.
10.Clark.
11.Thompson.
12.Patterson.
13.Cator.

14.Hood.
15.Emmitt.
16.Brooks.
17.Either of the Adamsons.

Brierley a contentious choice,at centre but for me I would have him running off Browns passes. :thumb:


Yes definitely need his defensive quality in that position, clueless
Re: Kevin Brown
Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:39 pm
Posted by atomic on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:39 pm
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 44th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5779
EVO105 wrote:
Brown has had reassurance he will play and is a structured HB for this reason Riddy would not complement him.

Question is who would?


Not sure! Technically they are all playmakers. I would say the pace needs to come from PTB now so probably Brierley given his pace.
Image
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], GUBRATS and 98 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,940,3751,77077,7904,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
42-6
NZ WARRIORS
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
CRONULLA
18-12
ST.GEORGE
TODAY 13:00
WSL
WAKEFIELDW
v
BRADFORDW
TODAY 14:00
WSL
WIGANW
v
YORKW
TODAY 14:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONEW
v
ST.HELENSW
TODAY 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
BRADFORD BULLS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
BARROW RAIDERS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
HALIFAX
TODAY 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
FEATHERSTONE
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
KEIGHLEY
v
WHITEHAVEN
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
COVENTRY BEARS
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
OLDHAM
v
DONCASTER
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
YORK
Sat 7th Sep 18:00
 CH
TORONTO
v
LEIGH
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






22