25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - joe bullock signs new 2 year deal
joe bullock signs new 2 year deal : Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:14 pm  
as it says
Re: joe bullock signs new 2 year deal : Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 pm  
Re: joe bullock signs new 2 year deal : Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:43 pm  
Glad he's re-signed with us, he's a good prop. We just need another big solid prop and we're looking good :-)
Re: joe bullock signs new 2 year deal : Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm  
It didn`t look to me like we had any intention of offering Bullock a new deal just a few weeks ago..

He started the season on dual reg. at the Smellies , then was loaned-out to Hull FC and he was recalled after Dudson left because we were short of props.

Good on him to persuade Burgess that he is worth a place in our team, it would have been easy to sulk and not try (Like Dudson did).

He had a good game at Leeds last week and that would have helped to show his worth.
Re: joe bullock signs new 2 year deal : Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:00 am  
I am a bit surprised he has been given a deal. Im wondering if it is perhaps Burgess coming to the realisation that signing high quality props is not as easy as he thought. Certainly we shouldn't have a problem with the salary cap after unloading a few players.

I don't have anything against Bullock with the ball in hand, but I think he has limitations in defence.
Re: joe bullock signs new 2 year deal : Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:31 am  
Winslade's Offload wrote:
I am a bit surprised he has been given a deal. Im wondering if it is perhaps Burgess coming to the realisation that signing high quality props is not as easy as he thought. Certainly we shouldn't have a problem with the salary cap after unloading a few players.

I don't have anything against Bullock with the ball in hand, but I think he has limitations in defence.

Yes, I’d agree here - I wasn’t expecting Bullock to stay. Both Powell & Burgess have seemed reluctant to play him at times, both suggesting there were areas of his game that needed serious work - not always the opinion off the terraces interestingly.

But I guess you need depth in the front row and he’s obviously shown Burgess enough that he’s willing to get better. I would assume he’s not on loads in terms of cap space and assuming his position within the squad is assumed to be somewhere between 6th and 8th placed prop I don’t have an issue. But then shouldn’t Luke Thomas or Lucas Green take that spot….? 22 & 21 next year respectively I think.

Would Wigan or Saints sign Bullock? Pretty sure they would promote from within.
Re: joe bullock signs new 2 year deal : Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:53 am  
Happy with this. Although Joe is a big stag doesn’t reflect this on the pitch enough. Sam must see something we don’t and yes probably because high quality props are hard to get.