FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rule changes
Re: Rule changes : Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:01 pm  
No doubt the usual suspects will escape the wrath of the officials & MRP.
Re: Rule changes : Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:26 pm  
The focus on Head Contact is going to change our game. Rugby Union has moved quite well with relatively few sendings off in the recent world cup. In Rugby League we have always tackled high ... "they can't run without their head". I can see lots of red cards for collisions that most of us would class as rugby incidents. We will have to change. This will upset all of us who have loved (and played in) the era of biff & bash but I reckon we are in for a rude awakening and I suppose we knew it was coming.
Re: Rule changes : Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:28 pm  
Alffi_7 wrote:
Some further changes for next year. Tightening the rules around head contact.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... s-28182083

I would assume there will be a huge increase in the number of cards issued next season.

For a few weeks at the start, at least.
Alffi_7 wrote:
Some further changes for next year. Tightening the rules around head contact.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... s-28182083

I would assume there will be a huge increase in the number of cards issued next season.

For a few weeks at the start, at least.
Re: Rule changes : Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:46 am  
Re: Rule changes : Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:52 pm  
The RFL seems hell bent on self harm.
Re: Rule changes : Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:15 pm  
I'm afraid the RFL has little choice on this.
Re: Rule changes : Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:48 pm  
Alffi_7 wrote:

The slow death of rugby league is becoming more apparent each season.

There won't be a sport left in 10 years time the way things are going.
Alffi_7 wrote:

The slow death of rugby league is becoming more apparent each season.

There won't be a sport left in 10 years time the way things are going.
Re: Rule changes : Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:25 pm  
Alffi_7 wrote:

I watched a lot of the Academy games where this rule was trialled and the games were a complete farce.

Since I have already purchased my Season Ticket, I will try my best to watch our games for 2024 season, but if I hadn`t bought one, I doubt if I would watch the sport anymore.
Alffi_7 wrote:

I watched a lot of the Academy games where this rule was trialled and the games were a complete farce.

Since I have already purchased my Season Ticket, I will try my best to watch our games for 2024 season, but if I hadn`t bought one, I doubt if I would watch the sport anymore.
Re: Rule changes : Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:40 pm  
:idea:
Boss Hog wrote:

For the benefit of those who don't watch the academy, could you highlight some examples as to why? Just wondering what to expect come 2024. From my skim reading, it seems we should expect a spate of cards for tackles that would have been legal until next season. Lots of rejigging from teams regarding technique and undoubtedly lots of appeals for ensuing bans.
Re: Rule changes : Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:58 pm  
Just wondering how the difference between shoulder height & armpit height will be policed when referees & touch judges can't even identify forward passes & offside at the ruck. Surely lowering contact to elbow height would be advisable.
PreviousNext