RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2024 Fixtures
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:42 am  
Wires71 wrote:
It's a little ambiguous are they talking about two streaming platforms here?

"The remaining four matches of each round will be shown live on Sky Sports and Rugby League's own streaming platform - with further details to be announced early in the New Year."

Yes, there will be two steaming platforms, one will be run by the RFL which they will be hoping to generate a lot of funds from.

The streaming platform that SKY will be providing has to be paid for and isn`t included in the current SKY Sports Package.

As a matter of principle, I won`t be paying SKY for any of the games that they stream.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:05 pm  
Boss Hog wrote:
Yes, there will be two steaming platforms, one will be run by the RFL which they will be hoping to generate a lot of funds from.

The streaming platform that SKY will be providing has to be paid for and isn`t included in the current SKY Sports Package.

As a matter of principle, I won`t be paying SKY for any of the games that they stream.

Neither will I, Sky have shafted us on the new deal but even more so by launching a streaming service to make money from making the tv rights deal worth less in real terms for them.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:00 pm  
karetaker wrote:
Neither will I, Sky have shafted us on the new deal but even more so by launching a streaming service to make money from making the tv rights deal worth less in real terms for them.

Whilst not advocating this service in anyway I have heard some very good reviews of https://www.tvpickes.com/.

I am not sure of the legality, but the person I know tells me it has every channel and is a few quid a month ...
karetaker wrote:

Whilst not advocating this service in anyway I have heard some very good reviews of https://www.tvpickes.com/.

I am not sure of the legality, but the person I know tells me it has every channel and is a few quid a month ...
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:59 pm  
Perhaps the idea is that sky will produce & film the games then charge any other streaming platforms for the games...that way all tv games would hopefully be of similar quality.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:32 am  
ninearches wrote:
Perhaps the idea is that sky will produce & film the games then charge any other streaming platforms for the games...that way all tv games would hopefully be of similar quality.

The games we have been watching on Sky for years are not actually filmed by Sky the use an outside source for it, I was talking to the saints fan who operates a camera
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:58 am  
karetaker wrote:
The games we have been watching on Sky for years are not actually filmed by Sky the use an outside source for it, I was talking to the saints fan who operates a camera

Anymore of that and you'll be getting a warning on here :D
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:28 am  
karetaker wrote:

That's a scary thought, Saints fans operating machinery.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:22 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
That's a scary thought, Saints fans operating machinery.

I believe they have more fingers than the rest of us therefore it makes it easier for them to hold the camera and operate all the buttons at the same time :lol:
Previous