RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2024 Fixtures
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:11 pm  
ninearches wrote:
Have we to assume full matches will be shown on different sky channels or will they be flicking from one match to another? Some dates have 3 games on a Friday night.

Apparently we will be told in new year which is cutting it fine given season starts in February
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:31 pm  
ninearches wrote:
Have we to assume full matches will be shown on different sky channels or will they be flicking from one match to another? Some dates have 3 games on a Friday night.

For those of you who are allergic to Serious About RL, do NOT click onto the link:-

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/have-the ... eal-85412/

P.S. I knew you couldn`t resist.
ninearches wrote:

For those of you who are allergic to Serious About RL, do NOT click onto the link:-

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/have-the ... eal-85412/

P.S. I knew you couldn`t resist.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:57 pm  
Just found this no way am I paying anymore than I already pay to Sky.

From what we understand, the new streaming platform will operate in a similar fashion to OurLeague. If the game they wish to watch isn’t chosen as an ‘exclusive’ live fixture and accordingly isn’t shown on Sky Sports’ main channels, supporters will be able to pay a fee to watch that specific game.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:42 pm  
Catalan 3 times in first 12 rounds. What a joke.

Vs everyone home and away is the only way to make the season fair. Super league is a fundamentally unfair competiton.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:31 am  
karetaker wrote:
Just found this no way am I paying anymore than I already pay to Sky.

From what we understand, the new streaming platform will operate in a similar fashion to OurLeague. If the game they wish to watch isn’t chosen as an ‘exclusive’ live fixture and accordingly isn’t shown on Sky Sports’ main channels, supporters will be able to pay a fee to watch that specific game.

It would be good if they just allowed us to pay for rugby league. I don't really care for the football personally but would watch every Wire game I can't make. I'll hopefully be able to take my lad to a few matches this year so long as they aren't all 8pm kick offs.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:13 pm  
Seems sky have negotiated a great deal for themselves if streaming will be charged extra to the subscription fee already paid to sky. Link that to less money paid to superleague & the RL & they are in a win win situation.

By the way ,CW8 there is always exclusive coverage on Wire tv but there is a 2 day delay on match availability.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:39 pm  
ninearches wrote:
Seems sky have negotiated a great deal for themselves if streaming will be charged extra to the subscription fee already paid to sky. Link that to less money paid to superleague & the RL & they are in a win win situation.

By the way ,CW8 there is always exclusive coverage on Wire tv but there is a 2 day delay on match availability.

Spot on. The streaming platform is bound to affect attendances.

Admittedly, without knowing the detail 3pm Premier League fixtures are protected, (yes I know there are ways and means) but it would put many off travelling to games, particularly Away or those nights when you're late in from work, your tea's not ready, the kids need picking up....and you just need the slightest excuse to stay put and tune in rather than make it work and get to the match, (I'm sure we've all had them).

Accessibility is fine as long as the clubs are compensated either through a proper pre-season pay rise from Sky or appropriate game by game recompense.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:59 am  
Confirmation from SKY that they are only broadcasting 2 games per week on TV and the rest are being streamed and have to be paid for on an additional basis

It`s a complete stitch-up and they are really taking the pi$$ out of us now.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... inal-dates
Confirmation from SKY that they are only broadcasting 2 games per week on TV and the rest are being streamed and have to be paid for on an additional basis

Re: 2024 Fixtures : Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:21 am  
IMO sky are treating RL in much the same way the govt treat the NHS. Give with one hand then take much more with the other. Bit by bit lowering RLs stock so that, eventually, when they admit they don't want it anymore, they can flog it to whoever wants it.
Re: 2024 Fixtures : Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:30 am  
Boss Hog wrote:

It's a little ambiguous are they talking about two streaming platforms here?

"The remaining four matches of each round will be shown live on Sky Sports and Rugby League's own streaming platform - with further details to be announced early in the New Year."
Boss Hog wrote:

It's a little ambiguous are they talking about two streaming platforms here?

"The remaining four matches of each round will be shown live on Sky Sports and Rugby League's own streaming platform - with further details to be announced early in the New Year."
PreviousNext