FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Next TV Match in 19 minutes Catalan Dragons v Huddersfield Giants LIVE ON SKY SPORTS
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Recruitment rumours and links
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:13 pm  
He would be a good signing but who do we drop?
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:18 pm  
Whoever is not performing at the time - currently Philbin.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:40 pm  
ratticusfinch wrote:
Whoever is not performing at the time - currently Philbin.

Or to be a bit fairer in addition to whoever under achieving, include those banned/injured if he arrives.

Then it's every man for himself.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:46 pm  
karetaker wrote:
Our friend Saddened is saying over on Redvee we announcing an NRL signing this week and that we have signed McMeeken and we are trying to bring him over early. Now I don’t know where he as got that from. I know some on here would like to have McMeeken here but seen or heard nothing about him signing.

I think Saddened is actually saying that’s what we are saying on this forum - there’s nothing new here. This is what he says:
[i]
‘Interesting listening to the Warrington fans now the junior games have started again. They are going to announce a new signing from the NRL this week apparently, a 'huge' second row who can play prop. 'Far too good' to be in Super League is the word. Abe Frohman, their reliable ITK type has posted about it, but he did say there is interest from another NRL side as well.

They also think they've signed McMeeken and they're working to bring him over early. I can't see that happening unless there are pressing family reasons and even then I can't see Catalans playing ball with that. And I certainly can't see them having cap room for two more good level players. Seems like they might be taking the Wigan approach and going big on depth in the pack.’
[/i]
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:19 pm  
thats a callum walker of a post
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:20 pm  
Ben Currie out for 5 weeks torn peck (chest muscle so presumably peck) so won't be playing Sunday. He played 2nd half against Leeds with it
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:53 pm  
rubber duckie wrote:
Ben Currie out for 5 weeks torn peck (chest muscle so presumably peck) so won't be playing Sunday. He played 2nd half against Leeds with it

That’s a blow is that. I guess we will see Nicholson given a shot at 13 after all then? Holroyd back in at right second row?

Unless Whitehead is given a shot.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:33 pm  
Alffi_7 wrote:
That’s a blow is that. I guess we will see Nicholson given a shot at 13 after all then? Holroyd back in at right second row?

Unless Whitehead is given a shot.

My guess is Philbin goes as prop, Crowther goes LF.
Less disruptive.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:56 pm  
rubber duckie wrote:
My guess is Philbin goes as prop, Crowther goes LF.
Less disruptive.

Nicholson fancied a go at 13. I’d like to see him given a shot…

But yes, Crowther would do a job no doubt.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:02 pm  
They also think they've signed Mcmeeken...........nobody on here has said that. A few including myself said we'd love to see him here but thats it.
Also nobody has said we're announcing a signing in the next week an nobody said a huge player.
Or have i missed something?
With the game i would keep the squad the same, just Holroyd starting, Nicholson to 13 and add Philbin to the bench.
PreviousNext