Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Recruitment rumours and links
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:24 am  
Captain Hook wrote:
So no official quote then?
My query however was it as suggested a 3 year deal by Saints v 2 from Wire? Even then I can’t see us having offered him silly money.

I’m on a rumour thread, and back then, there’ was no official announcement Clark was leaving.
The posts and paper talk long after were all about trying to keep Clark yet it was done before Rushy told us.
Rushy said on my life, and that still isn’t official, that Saints cannot match Warrington’s contract offer, now that doesn’t mean between Coldplay and September, they hadn’t improved the deal?

Soon after that chat Saints flashed a tease up on the official website about signing Clark and pulled it after a few mins, just to lift the spirits of agitated Saints fans following a string of defeats.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:28 am  
Oh, and regarding Mikaele, Wire could not offer him a deal because Kasiano would not leave.

Wire would have arranged a nanny to help with his wife and new born too.

So that’s why Mikaele got signed up last week.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:18 pm  
rubber duckie wrote:
I’m on a rumour thread, and back then, there’ was no official announcement Clark was leaving.
The posts and paper talk long after were all about trying to keep Clark yet it was done before Rushy told us.
Rushy said on my life, and that still isn’t official, that Saints cannot match Warrington’s contract offer, now that doesn’t mean between Coldplay and September, they hadn’t improved the deal?

Soon after that chat Saints flashed a tease up on the official website about signing Clark and pulled it after a few mins, just to lift the spirits of agitated Saints fans following a string of defeats.

I’m always wary of trying to interpret your posts so I would really appreciate clarification.
Are you saying Mike Rush CEO of Saints told you personally about their contact with Clark? If not, what are you saying?
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:15 pm  
rubber duckie wrote:
Oh, and regarding Mikaele, Wire could not offer him a deal because Kasiano would not leave.

Is he not capable of finding one himself?

Salary cap loophole?
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:29 pm  
Captain Hook wrote:
I’m always wary of trying to interpret your posts so I would really appreciate clarification.
Are you saying Mike Rush CEO of Saints told you personally about their contact with Clark? If not, what are you saying?

It was said directly out of CEO Mike Rush’s mouth at Coldplay at MCFC. word for word.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:32 pm  
rubber duckie wrote:
It was said directly out of CEO Mike Rush’s mouth at Coldplay at MCFC. word for word.

To you, or in your presence or recorded and played to you? don’t be shy.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:34 am  
Abe, does Mike Rush even like Coldplay?
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:36 am  
CW8 wrote:
Abe, does Mike Rush even like Coldplay?

Could just as well ask the Duck as apparently they have the same source…stands back and awaits mayhem.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:10 pm  
rubber duckie wrote:

Close, but no Cigar. A Nanny was never offered. But a larger house and flights were offered for his mother-in-law to move over & other relatives to visit.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:16 pm  
Captain Hook wrote:
Could just as well ask the Duck as apparently they have the same source…stands back and awaits mayhem.

NO WE DON'T :DEPRESSED:

Who I speak to had never heard of Duckie until I mentioned him. They now of course know of him and his posting history. Let's leave it there.
PreviousNext