RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tonight’s match v Leeds
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:08 pm  
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds
Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:08 pm  

Moe syslak wrote:
Moe syslak Member for 14 years
Free-scoring winger


Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:43 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: Springfield
Gazwire wrote:
If you look at previous sides he's coached, he does promote attractive attacking rugby. He just needs all the new players to bed in and assimilate, then hopefully we'll get to see some descent moves, though admittedly, we haven't seen that much yet and it sounds like we still have a way to go.

So it takes all coaches a pre season, a full season, another pre season and then some 'bedding in' time before we can see some attacking rugby? Brilliant! I wish someone would've explained all this to Paul Rowley.
'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:28 pm  
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds
Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:28 pm  

Wires71 wrote:
Wires71 Member for 16 years
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 12386
Location: TodavĂ­a aquĂ­, todavĂ­a escribiendo.
Moe syslak wrote:
So it takes all coaches a pre season, a full season, another pre season and then some 'bedding in' time before we can see some attacking rugby? Brilliant! I wish someone would've explained all this to Paul Rowley.


Nowt we can do about it.

But next season we will either have a great winning team or a new coach.
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:33 pm  
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds
Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:33 pm  

Gazwire wrote:
Gazwire Member for 13 years
Free-scoring winger


Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 2376
Moe syslak wrote:
So it takes all coaches a pre season, a full season, another pre season and then some 'bedding in' time before we can see some attacking rugby? Brilliant! I wish someone would've explained all this to Paul Rowley.


Well, I don't know if your aware, but there has been quite a lot of player changes so he hasn't had a settled squad to work with thus far.

So you would have wanted Paul Rowley in?

What about Watson, Fergie and Arteta to name a few. Would you have had them out in their first season? I think the answer's yes going on your comments.

In your spare time, do you plant some seeds, see they haven't grown in a week, then chuck them out because they haven't grown. Then repeat this cycle, only to realise, after many attempts, that they need time to bed in and settle first before any growth?
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:58 pm  
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds
Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:58 pm  

Moe syslak wrote:
Moe syslak Member for 14 years
Free-scoring winger


Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:43 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: Springfield
Gazwire wrote:
Well, I don't know if your aware, but there has been quite a lot of player changes so he hasn't had a settled squad to work with thus far.

So you would have wanted Paul Rowley in?

What about Watson, Fergie and Arteta to name a few. Would you have had them out in their first season? I think the answer's yes going on your comments.

In your spare time, do you plant some seeds, see they haven't grown in a week, then chuck them out because they haven't grown. Then repeat this cycle, only to realise, after many attempts, that they need time to bed in and settle first before any growth?

You've written some drivel in support of Powell, but that seed analogy is the best yet!! :lol: :lol:
'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:08 pm  
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:08 pm  

WireWireWire wrote:
WireWireWire Member for 14 years
Free-scoring winger


Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:53 pm
Posts: 1587
Gazwire wrote:
That was the first time this season after the earlier matches, as far as i can recall, that we have fought back in a sustained way against descent opposition. As I've said, it sounds like Leeds were poor second half so that helped. A reason for a little optimism would you say, or does it spoil your week because you're going to have to find something different to moan about?

It's not peacocking. I'm trying to bring a bit of positivity and highlight that the biggest gripe on here - lack of effort and throwing the towel in - could be changing, because, as I've said, we haven't seen that type of response this season in the second half.

With inflation, the Ukraine war and the repercussions of Brexit, you've got plenty to moan about, so don't worry lol.


At this point in time 'optimism' might as well be interchangeable with 'delusion' and thats what you're asking me to do. Be deluded. Again, we scored 2 tries after 40 mins on their line practically, and they were poor. Just like we only won against Cats because they were missing 8 of their starters including the whole pack. Those are just facts. You're tryna give Powell credit where there is non to be given. He's dog crap and so is the team currently. Optimism will return when we start winning something.
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:
Saints by 32

Regards

(Formerly) King James
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:16 pm  
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:16 pm  

WireWireWire wrote:
WireWireWire Member for 14 years
Free-scoring winger


Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:53 pm
Posts: 1587
Gazwire wrote:
Well, I don't know if your aware, but there has been quite a lot of player changes so he hasn't had a settled squad to work with thus far.

So you would have wanted Paul Rowley in?

What about Watson, Fergie and Arteta to name a few. Would you have had them out in their first season? I think the answer's yes going on your comments.

In your spare time, do you plant some seeds, see they haven't grown in a week, then chuck them out because they haven't grown. Then repeat this cycle, only to realise, after many attempts, that they need time to bed in and settle first before any growth?


For every repetitive name you churn out as evidence to stick by Powell, I can give you a butt load of names by the same token as reason to put a boot up Powells ars to get out the door. Stop using it as evidence to put up with this absolute dross. The man has virtually had a year. We've gone monumentally backwards.
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:
Saints by 32

Regards

(Formerly) King James
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:02 pm  
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:02 pm  

Gazwire wrote:
Gazwire Member for 13 years
Free-scoring winger


Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 2376
Moe syslak wrote:
You've written some drivel in support of Powell, but that seed analogy is the best yet!! :lol: :lol:


You wouldn't have the intelligence to discern the analogical meaning, so I'll leave you pondering.
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:12 pm  
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:12 pm  

Gazwire wrote:
Gazwire Member for 13 years
Free-scoring winger


Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 2376
WireWireWire wrote:
For every repetitive name you churn out as evidence to stick by Powell, I can give you a butt load of names by the same token as reason to put a boot up Powells ars to get out the door. Stop using it as evidence to put up with this absolute dross. The man has virtually had a year. We've gone monumentally backwards.


I'll use what ever I've evidence I deem appropriate thank you very much.

If you can't appreciate the link between the need for a settled squad and tactical development, then I'm wasting my time debating this with you. Although I obviously support Powell, we won't know for sure whether he's a good or bad coach at this stage of his career without the time to prove it, given all the upheaval.
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:55 pm  
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:55 pm  

DallasMead2 wrote:
DallasMead2 Member for 3 years
Cheeky half-back


Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:58 pm
Posts: 902
Gazwire wrote:
I guess you'll be moaning until we've won a grand final. If you'd followed Warrington since our last win, you'd have been moaning for 67 years.

Good afternoon happy clapper Gaz :-) must be 22 minutes since you last posted, has the site been down?
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm  
Re: Tonight’s match v Leeds
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm  

easyWire wrote:
easyWire Member for 15 years
Free-scoring winger
User avatar


Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:15 pm
Posts: 2418
Location: Dubai
As said already, next season we’ll either be a good team or have a new coach. Powell was tasked by the club with razing us to the ground and building us back better. Whether he’s the right man to do it, will be clear soon enough. We all wanted these changes this time last year, even though we could have brought in another Price and continued our apathetical approach to becoming a properly successful club.

As disappointed as we all are, there’s no point demanding a change in coach or a return to our previous state of mediocrity during the first year of a revolution. Next year Powell has his team, and that bunch of players should be able to play with less pressure and more confidence and look like they’re building towards being a team that will compete at the very top. If they aren’t performing, I have absolutely no doubts that the club and Powell will go their separate ways. Until then I’ll have to be patient.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alffi_7, Douglas Black, Kevin Turvey, lister, MortigiTempo, St Helens Wolf, Uncle Rico and 99 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
17m
Rumours and signings v9
BoredWiganer
24882
30m
Langi
1315trinity
36
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
9s
What we currently look like for 2023
PopTart
891
13s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35261
26s
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Leyther in n
10
31s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17936
32s
Shares for sale in Trinity
Dunkirk Spir
67
34s
Langi
1315trinity
36
51s
Leigh to be a better prospect than Wigan in 1-2 years
TheWarringto
17
56s
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
KineticRR
51
59s
Squad and Team 2023
bonaire
23
1m
Read this in the latest issue of League Express
glee
1
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Langi
1315trinity
36
TODAY
Football World Cup
Sadfish
1
TODAY
Oh no not again
Victor
2
TODAY
Contibutors
PopTart
4
TODAY
Read this in League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Jotform
Dunkirk Spir
2
TODAY
Introducing myself
Trinity info
4
TODAY
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
TODAY
Channel 4
KineticRR
6
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
6031
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1955
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2981
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1777
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1887
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1951
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4688
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2197
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2788
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2685
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2629
England Top Group A With Big W..
2346
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2142
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3370
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2671
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 1,267 79,3159,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Thu 16th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
20:00
Warrington
v
Leeds
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
19:45
Huddersfield
v
Warrington
 Thu 2nd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
20:00
Warrington
v
Salford
 Fri 10th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
 
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
17m
Rumours and signings v9
BoredWiganer
24882
30m
Langi
1315trinity
36
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
9s
What we currently look like for 2023
PopTart
891
13s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35261
26s
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Leyther in n
10
31s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17936
32s
Shares for sale in Trinity
Dunkirk Spir
67
34s
Langi
1315trinity
36
51s
Leigh to be a better prospect than Wigan in 1-2 years
TheWarringto
17
56s
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
KineticRR
51
59s
Squad and Team 2023
bonaire
23
1m
Read this in the latest issue of League Express
glee
1
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Langi
1315trinity
36
TODAY
Football World Cup
Sadfish
1
TODAY
Oh no not again
Victor
2
TODAY
Contibutors
PopTart
4
TODAY
Read this in League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Jotform
Dunkirk Spir
2
TODAY
Introducing myself
Trinity info
4
TODAY
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
TODAY
Channel 4
KineticRR
6
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
6031
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1955
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2981
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1777
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1887
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1951
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4688
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2197
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2788
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2685
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2629
England Top Group A With Big W..
2346
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2142
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3370
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2671


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!