FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - How to make Playoffs
Re: How to make Playoffs : Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:49 pm  
From what was said in Powell's interview, it seems there was some resistance to his proposals. Looks like Coops was one of the culprits, as was Charnley. I reckon he just decided King was poor and was amazed at his contract. Stef must be one of his favourites.
Re: How to make Playoffs : Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:54 am  
From what I believe, the resistance to DP in some areas, be it personal or be his technique has come from…
Widdop Hughes Charnley King Cooper
Re: How to make Playoffs : Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:34 am  
Dear KineticRR,

You have too much time on your hands, though I admire your dilligence. The weather is glorious, pour yourself a drink, grab a good book and go and sit in the sun (but wear a hat, you may have had too much sun already).

Our season is over, why prolong the agony with a first round humiliation?

Best Regards, MIAW
Re: How to make Playoffs : Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:44 am  
rubber duckie wrote:
From what I believe, the resistance to DP in some areas, be it personal or be his technique has come from…
Widdop Hughes Charnley King Cooper

So, the correct thing to do is for the club captain to insist on a face to face with the coach to air grievances in a constructive, mutually respectful way.

The incorrect thing to do is to disregard professionalism, contractual obligations, down tools and cause unrest.

No-one comes out of this well.
Re: How to make Playoffs : Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:11 am  
morrisseyisawire wrote:
So, the correct thing to do is for the club captain to insist on a face to face with the coach to air grievances in a constructive, mutually respectful way.

The incorrect thing to do is to disregard professionalism, contractual obligations, down tools and cause unrest.

No-one comes out of this well.

You are assuming that The Duck is correct! :THINK:
Re: How to make Playoffs : Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:40 pm  
morrisseyisawire wrote:

What if, indeed, this did happen (or attempts were made) but the coaching staff either refused citing it was DP’s way or the highway, or the response wasn’t to the player’s satisfaction?

This is all hearsay. All that matters in professional sport is results. Since coming in, DP has taken us from third from top to third from bottom*. Those calling for his sacking/resignation might subside for now, but it’s clear his and KP’s management of the playing staff this season has been disgraceful.
Re: How to make Playoffs : Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:27 pm  
Peckerwood wrote:
What if, indeed, this did happen (or attempts were made) but the coaching staff either refused citing it was DP’s way or the highway, or the response wasn’t to the player’s satisfaction?

This is all hearsay. All that matters in professional sport is results. Since coming in, DP has taken us from third from top to third from bottom*. Those calling for his sacking/resignation might subside for now, but it’s clear his and KP’s management of the playing staff this season has been disgraceful.

In what way?
Re: How to make Playoffs : Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:13 pm  
This is literally an amazing post Kinetic, the amount of detail you've gone in too is superb. It would be unreal to make the 6 after the year we've had, but i think we'll just escape relegation and move on to 2023 which i'm very excited for :-)
Re: How to make Playoffs : Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:14 am  
morrisseyisawire wrote:
Dear KineticRR,

You have too much time on your hands, though I admire your dilligence. The weather is glorious, pour yourself a drink, grab a good book and go and sit in the sun (but wear a hat, you may have had too much sun already).

Our season is over, why prolong the agony with a first round humiliation?

Best Regards, MIAW

Not much sun at 4:23am to be honest
Re: How to make Playoffs : Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:15 am  
Or thane wrote:
This is literally an amazing post Kinetic, the amount of detail you've gone in too is superb. It would be unreal to make the 6 after the year we've had, but i think we'll just escape relegation and move on to 2023 which i'm very excited for :-)

Much appreciated mate. And yeah I agree.
PreviousNext