FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Props/forwards formation 2023
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 : Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:45 am  
mwindass wrote:
Think you've signed Brandon Wakeham from Canterbury. He's followed Wire on Instagram.


Good. We need a scrum half.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 : Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 am  
ratticusfinch wrote:
Do you think Holroyd will be in the 17 on Friday? I've heard he's quality.


Yes mate he is
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 : Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:30 am  
WalterWizard wrote:
Yes mate he is


Any other players to be aware of from the Academy ranks Walter who will be pressing for first team action in 2023?? Looks like we could do with some centre cover for the first team next year with only Mata'utia, King? and Minikin available - and I'm not a fan of Minikin if I'm honest, I feel his place should be filled by academy promotions.

Full Back, Wings, Half Back, Prop, Hooker Back Row we seem ok depth wise, Centre seems a bit light.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 : Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:19 pm  
Alffi_7 wrote:
Any other players to be aware of from the Academy ranks Walter who will be pressing for first team action in 2023?? Looks like we could do with some centre cover for the first team next year with only Mata'utia, King? and Minikin available - and I'm not a fan of Minikin if I'm honest, I feel his place should be filled by academy promotions.

Full Back, Wings, Half Back, Prop, Hooker Back Row we seem ok depth wise, Centre seems a bit light.


I think we are light in the half backs.

Steff (isn't a half back)
Williams.
Dean.

Back row we have enough for 2 teams.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 : Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:37 pm  
Wires71 wrote:
I think we are light in the half backs.

Steff (isn't a half back)
Williams.
Dean.

Back row we have enough for 2 teams.


My comment is based on numbers rather than quality and the fact Powell has labelled Stef as a half back, rather than my own perception. Add Hayes in to that list too presumably. I'd rather see Ratchford as a utility player covering absences rather than first choice anywhere, but depends whether we recruit (Wakeham?) another half.

I think Centre has the biggest question mark on it right now, King? Wardle? Neither? I think Powell see's Wrench more as a winger for now and I think the same on Minikin. We're a little light there and I'd rather not shift a backrower there, none we have are quick enough.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 : Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:45 pm  
It's getting the balance right. An almost impossible task in our salary capped sport. You just cannot get the quality you want or need all over the park. It's really promising that we are seeing some exciting youngsters coming through. Our pack looks pretty solid for 2023.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 : Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:49 pm  
Keeping Wardle is going to be very important, anybody heard anything? Wigan seem convinced they’ve signed him.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 : Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:56 pm  
Alffi_7 wrote:
My comment is based on numbers rather than quality and the fact Powell has labelled Stef as a half back, rather than my own perception. Add Hayes in to that list too presumably. I'd rather see Ratchford as a utility player covering absences rather than first choice anywhere, but depends whether we recruit (Wakeham?) another half.

I think Centre has the biggest question mark on it right now, King? Wardle? Neither? I think Powell see's Wrench more as a winger for now and I think the same on Minikin. We're a little light there and I'd rather not shift a backrower there, none we have are quick enough.


With regards to emerging talent, young Darbyshire is a very tough uncompromising centre, but I guess given his pedigree we shouldn`t expect any less. He is another youngster who is an exciting prospect.

Josh Lynch is a specialist winger who I think will nail down a 1st team jersey within the next 24 months too.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 : Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:57 pm  
Mixed messages from our Wigan friends. My mate says they have but my cousin says they have not. Both season ticket holders. Given a choice I wouldn't mind the King / Wardle swap deal but from some accounts Toby is not exactly ripping up trees over there.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 : Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:17 pm  
The Railwayman wrote:
Toby is not exactly ripping up trees over there.


I asked the question on the Huddersfield board - it wasn't exactly a glowing reference on King!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 103 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves