RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Props/forwards formation 2023
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:45 am  
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:45 am  

User avatarWires71 wrote:
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 12306
Location: Todavía aquí, todavía escribiendo.
Member for 16 years
mwindass wrote:
Think you've signed Brandon Wakeham from Canterbury. He's followed Wire on Instagram.


Good. We need a scrum half.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 am  
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 am  

User avatarWalterWizard wrote:
WalterWizard User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:52 pm
Posts: 3233
Location: Wire Land
Member for 17 years
ratticusfinch wrote:
Do you think Holroyd will be in the 17 on Friday? I've heard he's quality.


Yes mate he is
Warrington Wolves and Woolston Rovers - The PERFECT combination

//www.warringtonwolves.com
//www.woolstonroversrlfc.co.uk
//www.liverpoolfc.tv
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:30 am  
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:30 am  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:36 pm
Posts: 2413
Member for 7 years
WalterWizard wrote:
Yes mate he is


Any other players to be aware of from the Academy ranks Walter who will be pressing for first team action in 2023?? Looks like we could do with some centre cover for the first team next year with only Mata'utia, King? and Minikin available - and I'm not a fan of Minikin if I'm honest, I feel his place should be filled by academy promotions.

Full Back, Wings, Half Back, Prop, Hooker Back Row we seem ok depth wise, Centre seems a bit light.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:19 pm  
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:19 pm  

User avatarWires71 wrote:
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 12306
Location: Todavía aquí, todavía escribiendo.
Member for 16 years
Alffi_7 wrote:
Any other players to be aware of from the Academy ranks Walter who will be pressing for first team action in 2023?? Looks like we could do with some centre cover for the first team next year with only Mata'utia, King? and Minikin available - and I'm not a fan of Minikin if I'm honest, I feel his place should be filled by academy promotions.

Full Back, Wings, Half Back, Prop, Hooker Back Row we seem ok depth wise, Centre seems a bit light.


I think we are light in the half backs.

Steff (isn't a half back)
Williams.
Dean.

Back row we have enough for 2 teams.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:37 pm  
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:37 pm  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:36 pm
Posts: 2413
Member for 7 years
Wires71 wrote:
I think we are light in the half backs.

Steff (isn't a half back)
Williams.
Dean.

Back row we have enough for 2 teams.


My comment is based on numbers rather than quality and the fact Powell has labelled Stef as a half back, rather than my own perception. Add Hayes in to that list too presumably. I'd rather see Ratchford as a utility player covering absences rather than first choice anywhere, but depends whether we recruit (Wakeham?) another half.

I think Centre has the biggest question mark on it right now, King? Wardle? Neither? I think Powell see's Wrench more as a winger for now and I think the same on Minikin. We're a little light there and I'd rather not shift a backrower there, none we have are quick enough.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:45 pm  
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:45 pm  
The Railwayman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 826
Member for 10 years
It's getting the balance right. An almost impossible task in our salary capped sport. You just cannot get the quality you want or need all over the park. It's really promising that we are seeing some exciting youngsters coming through. Our pack looks pretty solid for 2023.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:49 pm  
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:49 pm  

ratticusfinch User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 1986
Location: Warrington
Member for 17 years
Keeping Wardle is going to be very important, anybody heard anything? Wigan seem convinced they’ve signed him.
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:56 pm  
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:56 pm  

User avatarBoss Hog wrote:
Boss Hog User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 pm
Posts: 7622
Member for 10 years
Alffi_7 wrote:
My comment is based on numbers rather than quality and the fact Powell has labelled Stef as a half back, rather than my own perception. Add Hayes in to that list too presumably. I'd rather see Ratchford as a utility player covering absences rather than first choice anywhere, but depends whether we recruit (Wakeham?) another half.

I think Centre has the biggest question mark on it right now, King? Wardle? Neither? I think Powell see's Wrench more as a winger for now and I think the same on Minikin. We're a little light there and I'd rather not shift a backrower there, none we have are quick enough.


With regards to emerging talent, young Darbyshire is a very tough uncompromising centre, but I guess given his pedigree we shouldn`t expect any less. He is another youngster who is an exciting prospect.

Josh Lynch is a specialist winger who I think will nail down a 1st team jersey within the next 24 months too.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:57 pm  
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:57 pm  
The Railwayman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 826
Member for 10 years
Mixed messages from our Wigan friends. My mate says they have but my cousin says they have not. Both season ticket holders. Given a choice I wouldn't mind the King / Wardle swap deal but from some accounts Toby is not exactly ripping up trees over there.
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023 Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:17 pm  
Re: Props/forwards formation 2023
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:17 pm  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:36 pm
Posts: 2413
Member for 7 years
The Railwayman wrote:
Toby is not exactly ripping up trees over there.


I asked the question on the Huddersfield board - it wasn't exactly a glowing reference on King!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alffi_7, Captain Hook, Dita's Slot Meter, ImTopMan#1, Kevin Turvey, Leikvolls_Profile, magicman, MorePlaymakersNeeded, Old Man John, Philth, roo67, Wire Weaver, wire2004 and 304 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves