No
Team
Selected
ratticusfinch
Member for 17 years
Free-scoring winger

Re: Tonight’s match v Wigan : Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:09 am  
Kevin Turvey wrote:
Meanwhile Hull fans really hoping to sign Longstaff long term and Huddersfield fans saying they would if Hull don't......

Yep another Powell master stroke. Price liked Longstaff, Powell merely saw him as an obstacle to picking his atrocious friend Holmes. If Powell stays Longstaff will be gone and it will be another dreadful part of his legacy.
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'
No
Team
Selected
Gazwire
Member for 13 years
Free-scoring winger

Re: Tonight’s match v Wigan : Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:19 am  
WireWireWire wrote:
Why have we brought in Powell and gone through this absolute SH+TSHOW of a season, just for next year to be just as abject as 4th place finishes under Price though? If next year we finish 5th place after all this overhauling, kicking and screaming, then why nice bloke bother in the first place??? Why not just stick with Price who had us consistently in the mix? If all Powell is going to get us is 'back in the mix' then thats just lunacy. Sorry but I need to see us to get over that final hurdle otherwise I see no point at all. I don't care about the other teams. We're "building something special" well if "special" is mid table in 2023 then just feck off.

A few people are liking this. Pease, along with WireWireWire, tell me which teams out of Stains, Wigan, Catalans and Leeds you are expecting us to displace next season?

BTW, I think we will displace at least one with Powell as coach. But optimism has to be paired with realism as well. Just expecting the best case scenarios with anything leads to delusion.
Last edited by Gazwire on Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dita's Slot Meter
Member for 12 years
Bronze RLFANS Member

Re: Tonight’s match v Wigan : Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:19 am  
Gazwire wrote:
Some of the most rotten, spoilt, self entitled bile I've read on here. I hope other fans don't read some of this - it's beyond embarrassing.

Pure deluded stupidly has no bounds on here :lol:

I called all this entitlement nonsense last week - Our fans, especially the obvious few who pop up on here, are the most deluded, entitled bunch in the league. The absolute equivalent of those Chelsea and Arsenal fans who you see all over social media.

Got to the point where I've ended up just laughing at some of the stuff they come out with, both on here and on social media, and have reached the point where I want us to go down just to watch the frothing at the mouth and the overall meltdown that it would create... :lol:
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
No
Team
Selected
Gazwire
Member for 13 years
Free-scoring winger

Re: Tonight’s match v Wigan : Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:26 am  
Dita's Slot Meter wrote:
I called all this entitlement nonsense last week - Our fans, especially the obvious few who pop up on here, are the most deluded, entitled bunch in the league. The absolute equivalent of those Chelsea and Arsenal fans who you see all over social media.

Got to the point where I've ended up just laughing at some of the stuff they come out with, both on here and on social media, and have reached the point where I want us to go down just to watch the frothing at the mouth and the overall meltdown that it would create... :lol:

Absolutely spot on. Thank you Dita's Slot Meter.

And same here, if it weren't my club, I'd wish for Warrington to go down.

If Simon Moran read some of the absolute rubbish on here, and thought this truly reflected our fan base, than I'm certain he would pull his money out and spend it elsewhere. I've criticised redvee for stuff like this before and our fans have also: but they're a much more successful club than us.

Hate to say this, but I'm truly ashamed to be a Warrington fan reading the absolute dog poop on here posted by some absolute dog poop posters.
No
Team
Selected
Barbed Wire
Member for 10 years
Free-scoring winger

Re: Tonight’s match v Wigan : Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:27 am  
Gazwire wrote:
Some of the most rotten, spoilt, self entitled bile I've read on here. I hope other fans don't read some of this - it's beyond embarrassing.

There are other teams in this competition apart from ourselves including saints and Wigan who are miles ahead. Leeds who spend to the cap, are a much bigger club than us and further ahead in their rebuild. And Catalan, who are at least as well resourced as us and again, are much further ahead than us.

That's 4 teams who will be understandably above us next year and that puts us in 5th, providing we can climb above Hudds and Hull who might improve.

So which of those 4 teams is anyone expecting to rightfully displace?

Those laughing at the Luke Gale suggestion probably can't draw the parallel between his potential contribution and Lee Briers at the end of his time at Warrington - who was vital despite being on his last legs. These people probably don't think we need a kicking game either, but I won't waste my time explaining why a RL team needs a kicking game to complement the rest of its attacking facets.

:lol: 'people moaning at 5th without considering the other teams vying for the top 5 - beyond laughable and beyond embarrassing. I really, really hope other fans don't see some of this :lol:

Pure deluded stupidly has no bounds on here :lol:

I often read your posts and shake my head, often at the nonsense that you spout. This one is no exception. You’re turning into a Kremlin propaganda machine.

Everyone can see that we need to improve the kicking game, but a number of posters on here have pointed out that Dean has as much chance as any of being that general half back, if coached properly.

Regarding the experience and leadership that you somehow want Gale to bring, the coach the YOU are trusting with the rebuild has gone on record saying that he has chosen Ratchford for that role, giving him a contract to do so. So are you planning a rebuild on the current rebuild?

Williams is an expensive and experienced half back, Ratchford has been selected to partner him with Dean the understudy. POWELL gave them all the contracts, so if you are suggesting bringing Gale in, in doing so, you’re saying that the rebuild is a failure already. He’s signed up a fullback too, before you start shuffling the deckchairs. So is the coach doing a good job of rebuilding and should he be trusted to continue to do so, or has he got it wrong already and we now need to rip up more contracts and go back to square one?

The coach for next year (as it stands) has singed up players for his project for all positions but 9 and 11, he is currently going through the longest pre-season in history building and testing combinations against live opposition. So he will have a hand picked squad with funds made available, with time to prepare and “gel” and his coaching staff to assist. WHY should 5th be acceptable goal? The goal next year should be, if the coach and the players that the coach has selected, to win it. If not, it’s the wrong coach or he has signed the wrong players, surely?

Your tone is far to obnoxious for someone talking so much dribble.
No
Team
Selected
runningman29
Member for 18 years
Free-scoring winger

Re: Tonight’s match v Wigan : Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:32 am  
Would have loved to have heard what Ratchford and Cooper were saying to each other at the end.
No
Team
Selected
ratticusfinch
Member for 17 years
Free-scoring winger

Re: Tonight’s match v Wigan : Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:33 am  
Tell me what is deluded/arrogant about wanting to be higher than tenth place considering how our club is currently backed?

I’ve supported Warrington when my expectations were maybe a cup semi final/win against a big club/avoid relegation. Expectations have now rightfully shifted and to have the same expectations as we did when we didn’t have a pot to widdle in IS deluded.

I’ll say that for Powell he has stated his intentions are to make us the biggest and best and repeated winners of titles….he’s just not up to it.
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'
No
Team
Selected
Gazwire
Member for 13 years
Free-scoring winger

Re: Tonight’s match v Wigan : Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:35 am  
Barbed Wire wrote:
I often read your posts and shake my head, often at the nonsense that you spout. This one is no exception. You’re turning into a Kremlin propaganda machine.

Everyone can see that we need to improve the kicking game, but a number of posters on here have pointed out that Dean has as much chance as any of being that general half back, if coached properly.

Regarding the experience and leadership that you somehow want Gale to bring, the coach the YOU are trusting with the rebuild has gone on record saying that he has chosen Ratchford for that role, giving him a contract to do so. So are you planning a rebuild on the current rebuild?

Williams is an expensive and experienced half back, Ratchford has been selected to partner him with Dean the understudy. POWELL gave them all the contracts, so if you are suggesting bringing Gale in, in doing so, you’re saying that the rebuild is a failure already. He’s signed up a fullback too, before you start shuffling the deckchairs. So is the coach doing a good job of rebuilding and should he be trusted to continue to do so, or has he got it wrong already and we now need to rip up more contracts and go back to square one?

The coach for next year (as it stands) has singed up players for his project for all positions but 9 and 11, he is currently going through the longest pre-season in history building and testing combinations against live opposition. So he will have a hand picked squad with funds made available, with time to prepare and “gel” and his coaching staff to assist. WHY should 5th be acceptable goal? The goal next year should be, if the coach and the players that the coach has selected, to win it. If not, it’s the wrong coach or he has signed the wrong players, surely?

Your tone is far to obnoxious for someone talking so much dribble.

For a short term fix, someone else suggested Gale quite a few pages back and I thought it wasn't a bad idea. I agree with you about Dean and actually agree with you about the half back situation.

However: don't just say we should be higher than 5th without justifying it.
I'LL ASK YOU THIS TIME:
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE SHOULD BE DISPACING ANY OF SAINTS, WIGAN, CATALANS AND LEEDS NEXT SEASON? THESE 4 ARE SIMILARLY RESOURCED TO US, ARE ALREADY MORE ESTABLISHED, AND ALREADY HAVE GOOD COACHES?
EXPLAIN WHY IF ITS NOT SELF ENTITLEMENT?
No
Team
Selected
Gazwire
Member for 13 years
Free-scoring winger

Re: Tonight’s match v Wigan : Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:38 am  
ratticusfinch wrote:
Tell me what is deluded/arrogant about wanting to be higher than tenth place considering how our club is currently backed?

I’ve supported Warrington when my expectations were maybe a cup semi final/win against a big club/avoid relegation. Expectations have now rightfully shifted and to have the same expectations as we did when we didn’t have a pot to widdle in IS deluded.

I’ll say that for Powell he has stated his intentions are to make us the biggest and best and repeated winners of titles….he’s just not up to it.

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE SHOULD BE DISPACING ANY OF SAINTS, WIGAN, CATALANS AND LEEDS NEXT SEASON? THESE 4 ARE SIMILARLY RESOURCED TO US, ARE ALREADY MORE ESTABLISHED, AND ALREADY HAVE GOOD COACHES?
No
Team
Selected
Moe syslak
Member for 14 years
Free-scoring winger

Re: Tonight’s match v Wigan : Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:43 am  
Gazwire wrote:

We won't be higher than 5th if your mate stays as coach. So, after being brought in to change the culture, get rid of the 'bad apples', bring in any player you want for next season, we are aiming for below where Steve Price used to have us finishing? Brilliant! :roll:
'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'
PreviousNext