RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New 2 year deal for Stef
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:55 am  
Boss Hog wrote:
Will be surprised if we see King play for Wire again.

Powell seems to have made his mind up, and this exchange deal with Wardle fits his plans.

Don`t think Huddersfield will pay King his huge salary, so that could be a deal breaker.

I would agree that Powell probably wants King out. With regard to his salary, there are two issues. The actually money side could, if the club are willing, be resolved by Warrington making a financial contribution. That would still leave the issue of cap space. It doesn’t matter who pays the player’s wages, their value goes against the club for whom they play so it may be about whether Huddersfield want to use that chunk of cap on King.
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:52 am  
St Helens Wolf wrote:
I would agree that Powell probably wants King out. With regard to his salary, there are two issues. The actually money side could, if the club are willing, be resolved by Warrington making a financial contribution. That would still leave the issue of cap space. It doesn’t matter who pays the player’s wages, their value goes against the club for whom they play so it may be about whether Huddersfield want to use that chunk of cap on King.

Yes, the Salary Cap could be an issue.

Not sure, if Huddersfield would want to lumber themselves with King`s contract on their Cap for its duration?

There are ways to use the Marquee Player rule to get round this, if they do not have two Marquee players in their plans for 2023 onwards,

Obviously they can fit King`s salary minus Wardle`s, in their current Salary Cap for 2022.

Like you I suspect that Warrington are still contributing currently towards King`s wages.and would need to do that going forward.
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:06 pm  
If Stef is our 6 next year, we're in trouble. I dont mind him being around the club, I do mind him being the solution at 6
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:16 pm  
Philth wrote:
If Stef is our 6 next year, we're in trouble. I dont mind him being around the club, I do mind him being the solution at 6

Spent all game rowing with the ref, never mind his ineffective play
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:24 pm  
1st half there was a hands option, 3 players outside him and (with his now lack of pace) he decided to step back inside, slip and kill momentum. 2 plays later simple drop off to Currie dropped.

That is Warrington 2022
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:36 pm  
The fact that Powell thinks that Ratchford is a better option at 6 than Dean is the tipping point for me. We could have the worlds best pack next season but with Ratchford at 6 what is the point? Out Powell. The spelling of Mikaele today was also amateurish and Minikin and Holmes are laughable additions….and this is from someone who was willing to give him a chance. I genuinely believe he is actually a poor coach.
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:40 pm  
Another sad indictment of our DREADFUL retention /recruitment
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:43 pm  
Happiest man in Warrington 2 year deal for being crap at his job, wouldn’t everyone like to be in that position.
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:45 pm  
I’ve said it for quite a few seasons but Ratchfords presence at this club is a huge millstone and I thought Powell would end it…the fact he has elongated the issue means we are in big trouble. Buy out Ratchford and Powell’s contracts asap.
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:48 pm  
karetaker wrote:
Happiest man in Warrington 2 year deal for being crap at his job, wouldn’t everyone like to be in that position.

Wonder if Huddersfield are up for another player exchange deal, i.e Will Pryce for Stephan Ratchford?
PreviousNext