the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New 2 year deal for Stef
New 2 year deal for Stef : Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:04 am  
Quite surprising?
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:10 am  
DallasMead2 wrote:
Quite surprising?

No, I don’t think so. He’s probably taking a pay cut, and he still offers versatility across the positions. I know that Powell also sees him as a positive influence in the dressing room and in training, so as a return on investment it’s probably seen as worthwhile. He can kick goals too, and we’re not blessed with good goalkickers at this stage. I think Stef himself also knows he may not be on the team sheet each week over the next 2 years.
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:10 am  
wrong decision for me. The club has made a decision with the heart rather than the head I think.

Been a great servant to the club and a brilliant signing but his best years are behind him. Too slow now for Fullback and offers nothing in the halves. Should have said goodbye and given the responsibility to the kids.
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:15 am  
Interesting that he's escaped the cull. Powell must see him as a positive influence.

Probably on reduced wages, and keeps some continuity/experience.
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:18 am  
He is 34 in July. I think I would have given him 1 year. Two seems quite a gamble but he nay have had a 2 year offer on the table from elsewhere.
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:36 am  
Winslade's Offload wrote:
He is 34 in July. I think I would have given him 1 year. Two seems quite a gamble but he nay have had a 2 year offer on the table from elsewhere.

One year deal understandable.

Two year deal debatable.
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:37 am  
Unless anyone on here is privy to the terms of the deal (and that doesn’t mean ‘I heard it down the pub’ or ‘in the back of my cab’) how can we possibly say whether it’s a good deal or not. Yes, he’s slowing down but he still offers versatility and experience. For all we know this could be a transition to a coaching role?
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:11 am  
^^^^^
This
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:53 am  
St Helens Wolf wrote:
Unless anyone on here is privy to the terms of the deal (and that doesn’t mean ‘I heard it down the pub’ or ‘in the back of my cab’) how can we possibly say whether it’s a good deal or not. Yes, he’s slowing down but he still offers versatility and experience. For all we know this could be a transition to a coaching role?

It's a good deal for Ratch and the club :WHISPER:
Re: New 2 year deal for Stef : Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:17 pm  
Uncle Rico wrote:
^^^^^
This

Seconded. He’s an intelligent guy and I’m sure there’s something in the pipeline to do with assisting the coaching team further down the line.
Next