RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Clear out.
Re: Clear out. Fri May 13, 2022 10:04 am  
Re: Clear out.
Fri May 13, 2022 10:04 am  

Jack Napier wrote:
Jack Napier Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Member for 3 years
Ideally, you want four high-quality props in your squad. If Cooper goes, then that leaves us with none.

I quite like Mulhern and Bullock but it doesn't fill me with confidence to see either in a starting line-up.

Philbin has dropped off a cliff and can't be relied on.

Harrison is an unknown both in terms of Super League quality and how his injury has affected him.

Based on that, I'd say we need three props, including two that play 50/60 minutes. Based on our ability to recruit players, that's a big ask and I'm doubtful we'll get it right.
Re: Clear out. Fri May 13, 2022 10:07 am  
Fri May 13, 2022 10:07 am  

Jack Napier wrote:
Jack Napier Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Member for 3 years
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
Does anyone know who Catalans are bringing in to replace Dudson & Kasiano, as that would help to answer this question?

Taukeiaho for one.
Re: Clear out. Fri May 13, 2022 10:22 am  
Fri May 13, 2022 10:22 am  

DallasMead2 wrote:
DallasMead2 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Member for 2 years
Why on earth would we get rid of our ONE quality prop ffs? I’m getting sick of recruitment decisions these last 5/6 years. It’s just shocking…..
Re: Clear out. Fri May 13, 2022 11:25 am  
Fri May 13, 2022 11:25 am  

User avatarWires71 wrote:
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 16 years
Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:
mind club can't win in this, we signed butler as an up and comer, he hasn't made the grade and is again being used as a stick to berate the ceo with.

Oh come on. It's not just a one off is it? Everyone knows recruitment is a bit hit and miss and if we had unearthed a good proportion of gems* to balance out the misses we would not mind as much. I think it is widely accepted our recruitment has been sub optimal.

Butler (up and comer)
Doro (up and comer)
Kibula (up and comer)
Brand (up and comer)
Davis (up and comer)

Not a single gem amongst them.

* Matty Ashton is a gem and was Championship Young Player of the year which de-risked the recruitment some what but at least we secured him.
Re: Clear out. Fri May 13, 2022 1:22 pm  
Fri May 13, 2022 1:22 pm  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Member for 7 years
I’m still on the side of backing the coach here. Plenty said it a couple of weeks ago, doesn’t matter who needs to leave to improve the culture at the club, if Cooper has been identified then so be it.

I doubt he’s a bad influence per se but if him moving on gets better buy in from the rest, it’s the correct decision.
Re: Clear out. Fri May 13, 2022 1:59 pm  
Fri May 13, 2022 1:59 pm  

User avatareasyWire wrote:
easyWire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Member for 15 years
Well, we’ve had years of pointing the finger at the coach and still failing to make a mark on the Super League trophy. Maybe it is time to change the core of the playing squad and see if that works. It’s a shame if Cooper goes as he seems to give 100% each week and is Warrington through and through. Like Alffi I’ll give Powell a chance to shake things up here. We’ve tried every other way to win it and that didn’t work. We do have some pretty decent young players coming through, too. If Powell is a good coach we’ll see him get the right experienced players to build around them.
Re: Clear out. Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 pm  
Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 pm  

User avatarBoss Hog wrote:
Boss Hog User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Member for 9 years
easyWire wrote:
Well, we’ve had years of pointing the finger at the coach and still failing to make a mark on the Super League trophy. Maybe it is time to change the core of the playing squad and see if that works. It’s a shame if Cooper goes as he seems to give 100% each week and is Warrington through and through. Like Alffi I’ll give Powell a chance to shake things up here. We’ve tried every other way to win it and that didn’t work. We do have some pretty decent young players coming through, too. If Powell is a good coach we’ll see him get the right experienced players to build around them.

Think that the established players had an easy ride during the Price regime and can't accept being challenged under Powell and his new coaches.

ANYONE in this group of rebels need to accept the new coaching methods and practices, or leave ASAP.
Re: Clear out. Fri May 13, 2022 2:55 pm  
Fri May 13, 2022 2:55 pm  

Or thane wrote:
Or thane Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Member for 8 years
Linked with Josh Mcguire now which i hope isn't true.
Players need shipping out and new ones coming in, simple as. I've got my trust in Powell to get it all right, if players don't want to play Powells way or are negative then get rid of them regardless of who they are.
2 year deal for Dudson and a 1 year for Kasiano i'd be fine with. If Cooper does go then we'd need a third, and i'm hoping we keep hold of Mulhern at least. Tanginoa running riot on the edges will be brilliant for us.
Re: Clear out. Fri May 13, 2022 3:30 pm  
Fri May 13, 2022 3:30 pm  

User avatarCaptain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Member for 7 years
Wires71 wrote:
Oh come on. It's not just a one off is it? Everyone knows recruitment is a bit hit and miss and if we had unearthed a good proportion of gems* to balance out the misses we would not mind as much. I think it is widely accepted our recruitment has been sub optimal.

Butler (up and comer)
Doro (up and comer)
Kibula (up and comer)
Brand (up and comer)
Davis (up and comer)

Not a single gem amongst them.

* Matty Ashton is a gem and was Championship Young Player of the year which de-risked the recruitment some what but at least we secured him.

i only disagree on one point, i don’t think you can argue that there was minimal risk (implied ) in signing a Championship player when so many others at a much higher level have proved “disappointing”. Every signing has a degree of risk of not working out , a slight, Championship winger no matter how rapid was a risk.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Clear out. Fri May 13, 2022 3:31 pm  
Fri May 13, 2022 3:31 pm  

User avatarCaptain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Member for 7 years
Sorry 2 points! Danny Walker.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
PreviousNext