RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Holmes and MATA’UTIA
Holmes and MATA’UTIA Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:35 pm
Posts: 37527
Cas have confirmed their departure at the end of the season

https://castlefordtigers.com/mobile/article.php?id=7452

Guardian day tomorrow, isn't it?
Re: Holmes and MATA’UTIA Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:21 am  

User avatareasyWire wrote:
easyWire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:15 pm
Posts: 1640
Location: Dubai
Sort of makes sense with the rumours doing the rounds then. No Trueman so far though, which means Cas are holding out for better offers or we are still in the hunt for Williams.

I’d expect Holmes and Mata’utia will be announced tomorrow as a bit of a news booster after the awful events of last weekend.
I think the half back situation won’t be sorted for a while yet though, and I’d still back Williams to Wigan and us to continue searching. Not sure if we are prepared to pay big bucks for Trueman. He’s good but not yet Marquee level. I guess a lot depends on where Widdop is next year too.
Re: Holmes and MATA’UTIA Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:48 am  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Tomorrowland
easyWire wrote:
Sort of makes sense with the rumours doing the rounds then. No Trueman so far though, which means Cas are holding out for better offers or we are still in the hunt for Williams.

I’d expect Holmes and Mata’utia will be announced tomorrow as a bit of a news booster after the awful events of last weekend.
I think the half back situation won’t be sorted for a while yet though, and I’d still back Williams to Wigan and us to continue searching. Not sure if we are prepared to pay big bucks for Trueman. He’s good but not yet Marquee level. I guess a lot depends on where Widdop is next year too.


Could it not just mean that Cas don`t want to sell him? Rather than holding out for better offers.
Re: Holmes and MATA’UTIA Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:28 am  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 15222
homme vaste wrote:
Could it not just mean that Cas don`t want to sell him? Rather than holding out for better offers.

100% on Trueman. Radders doesn’t want a depleted team.

It makes no sense to me why Williams would be going to Wigan as a matter of urgency when they already have Harry Smith and Leuluai, while Wire would be without any halfback but Riley Dean...and I’ve already said he’ll be at Wire anyway.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Holmes and MATA’UTIA Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:46 am  

Or thane wrote:
Or thane Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:42 pm
Posts: 1273
rubber duckie wrote:
100% on Trueman. Radders doesn’t want a depleted team.

It makes no sense to me why Williams would be going to Wigan as a matter of urgency when they already have Harry Smith and Leuluai, while Wire would be without any halfback but Riley Dean...and I’ve already said he’ll be at Wire anyway.

Because Leuluai will more than likely retire seasons end, and Hadtings is leaving and Wigan can sign him straight away and offer him marquee money next year and beyond. It makes much more sense him going to Wigan than us, would be nice if he comes here but all the signs point to Wigan.
Re: Holmes and MATA’UTIA Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:14 am  

User avatareasyWire wrote:
easyWire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:15 pm
Posts: 1640
Location: Dubai
rubber duckie wrote:
100% on Trueman. Radders doesn’t want a depleted team.


I know Radders won't want a depleted team, I'm just getting the feeling that Cas are desperate to make cash. And if Trueman doesn't go now for a price, he'll go for free the next year. Just think it makes financial sense for Cas to sell. It will be interesting to see how he performs under Radford, or whether he needs to work under Powell to stay at that level.
Re: Holmes and MATA’UTIA Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:15 am  
Deus Dat Incrementum Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 9:07 pm
Posts: 615
One thing for sure is that Powell is either very good at motivating the players or he recruits players that have a lot of self motivation. Maybe both.
If any group of players had excuses to put in abject performances it is Castleford. They have seen the coach sign elsewhere, wells Orr and Sheridan depart or departing and players lined up to go elsewhere.
I know they had a dodgy result against Leeds and Hull KR and they are resting players tonight.
Chalk and Cheese though.
Re: Holmes and MATA’UTIA Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:25 am  

User avatareasyWire wrote:
easyWire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:15 pm
Posts: 1640
Location: Dubai
Deus Dat Incrementum wrote:
One thing for sure is that Powell is either very good at motivating the players or he recruits players that have a lot of self motivation. Maybe both.
If any group of players had excuses to put in abject performances it is Castleford. They have seen the coach sign elsewhere, wells Orr and Sheridan depart or departing and players lined up to go elsewhere.
I know they had a dodgy result against Leeds and Hull KR and they are resting players tonight.
Chalk and Cheese though.


Indeed. I was surprised that our players weren't a bit more motivated in front of the new boss, considering a lot of them are up for contract renewals. Maybe it was just a case of them being shell-shocked by a team that gelled as one attacking unit right from the first minute. Either way we didn't have the leaders to claw us back into it. Hill is a great player but too easily rattled IMO to steady the ship. Hughes has been given the captaincy role but seems to lack that passion to drive the players back into it. We need an Edwards or a Farrell type player who won't accept the sort of crap we put on show, because the coach certainly didn't seem able to change the mindset at half time.
Re: Holmes and MATA’UTIA Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:19 pm  
REDWHITEANDBLUE User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:31 pm
Posts: 4002
easyWire wrote:
I know Radders won't want a depleted team, I'm just getting the feeling that Cas are desperate to make cash. And if Trueman doesn't go now for a price, he'll go for free the next year. Just think it makes financial sense for Cas to sell. It will be interesting to see how he performs under Radford, or whether he needs to work under Powell to stay at that level.


Doubt they will be desperate for cash with a run out at Wembley
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]
Re: Holmes and MATA’UTIA Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:32 pm  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 15222
easyWire wrote:
I know Radders won't want a depleted team, I'm just getting the feeling that Cas are desperate to make cash. And if Trueman doesn't go now for a price, he'll go for free the next year. Just think it makes financial sense for Cas to sell. It will be interesting to see how he performs under Radford, or whether he needs to work under Powell to stay at that level.

They’re going to Wembley. Merchandising goes through the roof. They aren’t cash strapped, yes they don’t have the clout of Wire, and they’ve already removed 2 high earners off next years cap. They will keep Trueman.
once a wire always a wire
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DallasMead2, grifter, PISol, rubber duckie, Saddened!, TheDoc and 176 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,166,9371,39678,6216,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
 Full Time.  
SL
Leigh
30-36
Catalans
 Full Time.  
 CH
Oldham
28-32
Sheffield
 Full Time.  
 L1
Barrow
40-4
Rochdale
 Full Time.  
 L1
LondonS
10-62
Hunslet
Thu 17th Jun 19:45
SL
St.Helens
v
Warrington
Thu 24th Jun 19:45
SL
Warrington
v
Leigh
Wed 30th Jun 19:45
SL
Wigan
v
Warrington
Mon 5th Jul 19:45
SL
Warrington
v
Leeds
Sun 11th Jul 15:00
SL
Hull KR
v
Warrington
Thu 22nd Jul 20:00
SL
Leigh
v
Warrington
Wed 28th Jul 19:45
SL
Warrington
v
Wigan
Mon 2nd Aug 19:45
SL
Leeds
v
Warrington
Sun 8th Aug 15:00
SL
Warrington
v
Hull FC
Sun 15th Aug 15:00
SL
Wakefield
v
Warrington
Fri 20th Aug 19:45
SL
Warrington
v
Catalans
Thu 26th Aug 19:45
SL
Huddersfield
v
Warrington
Mon 30th Aug 19:45
SL
Warrington
v
St.Helens
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Sat 12th Jun
SL
LIVE
Leigh30-36Catalans
NRL RND: 14 Gold Coast34-35Sydney
NRL RND: 14 Souths24-10Newcastle
NRL RND: 14 Canberra38-16Brisbane
CH
LIVE
Oldham28-32Sheffield
L1
LIVE
Barrow40-4Rochdale
L1
LIVE
LondonS10-62Hunslet
Fri 11th Jun
SL
LIVE
Hull KR40-4Salford
SL
LIVE
Warrington38-18Wakefield
NRL RND: 14 Manly50-18NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 14 Cronulla19-18Penrith
Thu 10th Jun
SL RND: 9 Castleford12-30Hull FC
Wed 9th Jun
SOO RND: 1 Queensland6-50New South Wales
Sun 6th Jun
CH RND: 6 Bradford31-12Newcastle
CH RND: 6 Halifax46-12Sheffield
SL RND: 13 Wakefield30-20Leigh
NRL RND: 13 Newcastle4-40Parramatta
L1 RND: 5 Workington34-20Keighley
L1 RND: 5 Crusaders36-12Coventry
L1 RND: 5 Doncaster46-12LondonS
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Melbourne 13 430 162 268 22
Parramatta 13 360 212 148 20
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 13 293 284 9 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
NZ Warriors 12 265 305 -40 10
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Wests 13 280 334 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 12 134 360 -226 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 8 206 70 136 14 294.29 87.50
Wigan 8 158 136 22 14 116.18 87.50
Warrington 9 302 157 145 13 192.36 72.22
Hull FC 9 179 143 36 11 125.17 61.11
Hull KR 9 223 204 19 10 109.31 55.56
 
Castleford 9 185 232 -47 8 79.74 44.44
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 8 150 162 -12 6 92.59 37.50
Wakefield 9 163 231 -68 4 70.56 22.22
Salford 9 106 289 -183 2 36.68 11.11
Leigh 9 134 322 -188 0 41.61 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 6 291 58 233 12 501.72 100
Featherstone 7 262 76 186 14 344.74 100
Bradford 8 228 172 56 14 132.56 87.50
Batley 7 204 140 64 10 145.71 71.43
LondonB 8 202 194 8 9 104.12 56.25
Halifax 8 241 129 112 8 186.82 50
 
York 8 213 150 63 8 142 50
Sheffield 9 211 249 -38 8 84.74 44.44
Widnes 8 204 239 -35 7 85.36 43.75
Dewsbury 7 103 171 -68 6 60.23 42.86
Whitehaven 8 140 254 -114 5 55.12 31.25
Oldham 9 134 330 -196 4 40.61 22.22
Newcastle 7 132 216 -84 3 61.11 21.43
Swinton 8 122 309 -187 0 39.48 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 5 211 62 149 10 340.32 100
Workington 5 180 94 86 8 191.49 80
Doncaster 5 182 126 56 8 144.44 80
Coventry 4 106 114 -8 4 92.98 50
Keighley 5 158 135 23 4 117.04 40
Rochdale 5 157 156 1 4 100.64 40
 
Crusaders 5 122 150 -28 4 81.33 40
Hunslet 5 84 137 -53 4 61.31 40
LondonS 4 104 150 -46 2 69.33 25
West Wales 5 70 250 -180 0 28 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
WiganW 3 158 18 140 6 877.78 100
CastlefordW 3 104 24 80 6 433.33 100
YorkW 3 76 102 -26 2 74.51 33.33
Hudds W 3 38 178 -140 2 21.35 33.33
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
BradfordW 4 60 180 -120 2 33.33 25
Wire W 3 42 146 -104 0 28.77 0
WakefieldW 3 16 172 -156 0 9.30 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X