WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bob Jackson Interview!!

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Bob Jackson Interview!!

Bob Jackson Interview!! Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:59 pm  
TheDropGoalPodcast User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Anyone remember the legend 'Bin Man' Bob Jackson from the 80s and 90s? How could you forget... My interview with the wire legend is out now and available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Youtube and more. Ive attached the youtube link down below but if you want to listen somewhere else eg. Apple Podcasts just search 'The Drop Goal Podcast' and it'll come up straight away. Enjoy!!

[youtube][/thedropgoalpodcast]

https://youtu.be/PtJVAxxneQg
Re: Bob Jackson Interview!! Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:32 am  

davids wrote:
davids Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

TheDropGoalPodcast wrote:
Anyone remember the legend 'Bin Man' Bob Jackson from the 80s and 90s? How could you forget... My interview with the wire legend is out now and available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Youtube and more. Ive attached the youtube link down below but if you want to listen somewhere else eg. Apple Podcasts just search 'The Drop Goal Podcast' and it'll come up straight away. Enjoy!!

[youtube][/thedropgoalpodcast]

https://youtu.be/PtJVAxxneQg

I'll have a listen, great player.
Re: Bob Jackson Interview!! Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:51 pm  

User avatarMr Snoodle wrote:
Mr Snoodle User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Just finished work for the week and just listened - what a great way to end the week, one of my Wire heroes and sounds like an all round nice guy too.

Part of the best pack ever at the Wire ....Jackson, Tamati, Boyd, Roberts, Sanderson, Gregory ..... A pack to make a grown man cry
Don't die with the music in you
Re: Bob Jackson Interview!! Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:26 pm  

davids wrote:
davids Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Mr Snoodle wrote:
Just finished work for the week and just listened - what a great way to end the week, one of my Wire heroes and sounds like an all round nice guy too.

Part of the best pack ever at the Wire ....Jackson, Tamati, Boyd, Roberts, Sanderson, Gregory ..... A pack to make a grown man cry

Unfortunately missed those days, but when I became acquainted with the Wire he was an unsung hero, holding together a mediocre, undersized pack (the likes of Tees, Thursfield, a perennially injured Sumner, Darbyshire, Cullen et al). My word did we miss him whenever he wasn't playing. When he was, he'd shamble on to the pitch, one of the last to leave the tunnel, leg strapped up or in compression shorts, looking about 45 years old, but he'd always be there with the last-ditch tackle on the line or taking the ball up the incline when everyone else was knackered on a freezing Sunday afternoon at Watersh*ttings or Thrum Hall, as we desperately clung on to a 6-point lead.

Hero and a legend.
Re: Bob Jackson Interview!! Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:10 am  

Kwik Fertle wrote:
Kwik Fertle Stevo's Armpit

Champion bloke and a champion player who never gave less than 110% in a Wire shirt - what more could you ask for from any signing? Can remember drunkenly bumping into him many times in the early hours of different Bridge Street bars and thinking ‘Bob’s more p****d than me!’ But he’d always have time for a friendly chat with a fan. Must be one of our best ever signings, best wishes Bob.
Re: Bob Jackson Interview!! Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:13 pm  

Barbedwire wrote:
Barbedwire Stevo's Armpit

Proper genuine bloke and unsung hero for the Wire.
His love for the club and the town shines through despite the inept questions he has to answer at times.