WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tri Nations 2005 - Wire players

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Tri Nations 2005 - Wire players

Tri Nations 2005 - Wire players Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:41 pm  

Kwik Fertle wrote:
Kwik Fertle Stevo's Armpit

Lockdown 3 and struggling for things to watch. Stumbled upon Australia v New Zealand in the 2005 Tri Nations and couldn’t believe how many players have played for the Wire that are playing in this game. A total of 9 - 3 Aussies and 6 Kiwis:-
1) Matt King
2) Andrew Johns
3) Trent Waterhouse
4) Nigel Vagana
5) Dave Kidwell
6) Paul Rauhihi
7) Louis Anderson
8) Dave Solomona
9) Roy Asotasi - who Peter Sterling said had had a wow of a season for Canterbury

Did we make the best of the players at our disposal? Did we get too many of them past their best? Certainly had some quality over here over the years - I guess just not as much as possibly Wigan, Leeds, Sts & Bradford at key times.
Re: Tri Nations 2005 - Wire players Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:36 am  

User avatarMoe syslak wrote:
Moe syslak User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

King, waterhouse, Anderson and Solomona were outstanding for us. Johns had 1 good game out of 3. We got vagana and kidwell too early in their careers, although I'm pretty sure vagana was super leagues top tryscorer when he was with us. The less said about rauhihi and asotasi the better!
'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'