GiantJake1988 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

A good signing for us?
Re: George Roby Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:07 am  

User avatarlister wrote:
lister User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I've knew about him leaving Warrington for a number of months now as my sister knows his family. He's made the right move as he's more likely to get 1st team opportunities at Huddersfield, stuck behind Clark and his Cousin Danny Walker here. Disappointing to lose a local lad.

Especially if Academy doesn't get started again soon, he needs to be playing. You've got a player with great potential there, and also a lad with the right attitude.
Re: George Roby Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:08 am  

CW8 wrote:
CW8 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

He hasn't played a game for us! I'm sorry to see him leave without playing given he's England academy and promising but there won't be many on here who can say. Walter is your best bet.

I hope he goes well for you and then starts pining to come home.
Re: George Roby Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:25 am  

User avatarBoss Hog wrote:
Boss Hog User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Very good player from what I have seen when he was playing for Wire Academy.

Unless he has had a growth spurt since I last saw him, he is quite small and slight for a Super League player.
Re: George Roby Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:06 pm  

User avatarSaddened! wrote:
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Boss Hog wrote:
Very good player from what I have seen when he was playing for Wire Academy.

Unless he has had a growth spurt since I last saw him, he is quite small and slight for a Super League player.

Isn't he crazy aggressive to make up for that? I've not seen him play that I can remember, but he has a reputation for being a hard man. I always thought he was a lot higher rated than Walker.
Re: George Roby Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:11 pm  
lefty goldblatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bar another covid outbreak, next year (unlikely, due to vaccines), or a colossal injury list, any promising youngster coming through our ranks is wasting his time under our current coach.

Good luck to the lad
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.
Re: George Roby Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:40 pm  

User avatarBoss Hog wrote:
Boss Hog User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Saddened! wrote:
Isn't he crazy aggressive to make up for that? I've not seen him play that I can remember, but he has a reputation for being a hard man. I always thought he was a lot higher rated than Walker.

Yes he is an aggressive player, and he can certainly scores hooker type tries close to the line.

I have not seen him since play since the start of the season, and he could have grown, but then he needed to put a lot of muscle on to play at a higher level. Height wise, he was smaller than Walker.

It`s very difficult to predict a youngsters future career. At scholarship level the Wire team that George played in, he was one of the star players.

It seems strange that he has been released without a transfer fee. It could be there have been issues that Wire have not revealed?
Re: George Roby Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:39 pm  
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Realistically if we kept him what was his career going to be...warming the bench behind Daryl Clark who rarely gets injured and doesn't lose form.

Doesn't matter who the coach is any how keen they are to develop young talent, they aren't going to drop Clark.
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016
Re: George Roby Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:17 pm  

The Riddler wrote:
The Riddler Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Boss Hog wrote:
It seems strange that he has been released without a transfer fee. It could be there have been issues that Wire have not revealed?

He wasn't offered the third year Academy option and he's not the only Warrington-based England rep in that situation either.
Re: George Roby Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:49 pm  

Or thane wrote:
Or thane Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Saddened! wrote:

Yeah but being a crazy aggressive kid playing kids at the same age is completely different to being aggressive against the likes of Hill, Cooper, walmsley etc will get him flattened. I hooe he does well but he won't be missed here to be hinest.