WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wigan GF again....

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Wigan GF again....

Re: Wigan GF again.... Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:51 pm  

User avatarCaptain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

In light of Lee Briers news I take back everything I said about his insight. (For those who haven’t seen it his mum passed away on the Tuesday).
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Wigan GF again.... Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:50 am  

User avatarSnaggletooth wrote:
Snaggletooth User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

sally cinnamon wrote:
Do you remember the Ian Millward era :lol:

Yeah they weren't that good, but their trophy cabinet still beats ours, we arguably have been on the rise from the arrival of TS and through this time we have still haven't won the elusive prize and Wigan still keep winning GF's. What they have bottled we need.
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:44 pm  

Superblue wrote:
Superblue Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Captain Hook wrote:
In light of Lee Briers news I take back everything I said about his insight. (For those who haven’t seen it his mum passed away on the Tuesday).

Yes Lee was thinking to drop from the show but went on with it, not wanting to let folk down. :D
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:10 pm  

User avatarSaddened! wrote:
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Captain Hook wrote:

Yeah, he was clearly emotional. At the end of the day he's a St Helen's lad and despite his times at Warrington I'm sure he'd always want us to beat Wigan.
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:41 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Saddened! wrote:
Yeah, he was clearly emotional. At the end of the day he's a St Helen's lad and despite his times at Warrington I'm sure he'd always want us to beat Wigan.

I think you totally miss the point here, this was about Lee and his family, not St Helens RLFC.
Re: Wigan GF again.... Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:34 pm  

User avatarSaddened! wrote:
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
I think you totally miss the point here, this was about Lee and his family, not St Helens RLFC.

I think there is some link there don't you? He supported the club as a kid, as did his family. He signed for the academy, signed professionally for the club, played a season for us. Losing a parent often emotionally takes you back to periods in the past. He even said, "I'm a St Helens lad" at one point, you wouldn't normally hear him say things like that.

It was very brave of him going on the show, thought he did really well. I also think it's a positive for you that he was so clear that the best two teams got through, shows he thinks you need to improve. I'm not sure Price realises that.
Re: Wigan GF again.... Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:35 pm  

ninearches wrote:
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I must say, i only watched the meagre BBC highlights over the weekend , but the end was typical St Helensesque. How many times have they beaten the Mighty Wire in the last seconds ?
Re: Wigan GF again.... Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:34 pm  

davids wrote:
davids Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Snaggletooth wrote:
One of the pundits last night also stated that from Ellery Stanley time through to day they have had a constant top drawer player at loose.

Ellery Hanley, Phil Clarke and Andy Farrell were all world class for sure, but they were very different players playing very different roles in the side.

Hanley made his way there from the backs and you could tell, he was still a try scorer after moving to loose forward and operated almost as an extra half-back a lot of the time when I saw him (although a Wigan or Leeds fan may correct me, having seen more of him).

Phil Clarke was an industrious second rower who dropped back into the 13 slot when Hanley left because he was probably most suited to it out of the other back rowers (Denis Betts and a less and less mobile Andy Goodway).
Previous