WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wigan GF again....

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Wigan GF again....

Re: Wigan GF again.... Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:58 pm  

User avatarUncle Rico wrote:
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Wanderer wrote:
Almost an admission of being part of the problem (perhaps some realisation that change should be inevitable now).

I understand that he was speaking as a well informed pundit with half an eye on talking next weeks game up and additionally he couldn't come across as bitter by making sour grapes comments but he's not a fan surely although he sounded like one
Re: Wigan GF again.... Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:16 pm  
morrisseyisawire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wigan will be favourites, Cats gave Saints a right going over (not in a rugby sense sadly, more in a chucking out time on Bridge St manner).

Sadly, despite our mid-season revival, I think in terms of our ability to win the big one we are further behind Saints and Wigan than ever, which is quite telling given their playing rosters are the weakest they've been for a few years.
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:06 am  
sir adrian morley User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

morrisseyisawire wrote:
Wigan will be favourites, Cats gave Saints a right going over (not in a rugby sense sadly, more in a chucking out time on Bridge St manner).

Sadly, despite our mid-season revival, I think in terms of our ability to win the big one we are further behind Saints and Wigan than ever, which is quite telling given their playing rosters are the weakest they've been for a few years.

Your right Wigan are favourites saints getting a 2 start with sky bet...gotta feeling Wigan will turn saints over..hope so just for the after match melt down from the scousers
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:53 am  

User avatarWanderer wrote:
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Uncle Rico wrote:
I understand that he was speaking as a well informed pundit with half an eye on talking next weeks game up and additionally he couldn't come across as bitter by making sour grapes comments but he's not a fan surely although he sounded like one

I (and his comments) would suggest that he is a Saints fan.
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:11 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

sir adrian morley wrote:
Your right Wigan are favourites saints getting a 2 start with sky bet...gotta feeling Wigan will turn saints over..hope so just for the after match melt down from the scousers

Surprised at that tbh, I’d have Saints as marginal favourites but maybe that’s me being pessimistic. The two sides are defending for their lives at the minute, so you would imagine it may be like our last couple of Grand Finals against you guys. How fit Alex Walmsley is may have a decent say on the game. Woolf played it down after the game but that knee looked unstable.
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:42 am  
The Railwayman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

That last Wigan v Saints game was an absolute cracker, hopefully, the GF will be likewise with Wigan again coming out on top. Can't wait for McManus, the thunderbird puppet, to go into meltdown after an ungracious diatribe in his local press.

Sad thing is on paper we should be there but games are not won on paper so it must be something else ........
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:47 pm  

User avatarSmiffy27 wrote:
Smiffy27 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Uncle Rico wrote:
In other news Saints join them and well deserved to as Catalans were shocking and horrible in equal amounts.

Our Lee seemed to be quite happy about it all 1 v 2 local Derby does it get any better than this FFS

I think you are being unfair on Mr Briers. What sort of thing did you want him to say?
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:51 pm  
Dita's Slot Meter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Smiffy27 wrote:
I think you are being unfair on Mr Briers. What sort of thing did you want him to say?

'I, and the rest of the coaching staff at Wire have resigned'??....
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:35 pm  

Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Smiffy27 wrote:

Something technical like he's a professional involved in the game who could give us all some insight in how you play against these teams what the qualities are that your average fan might not pick up on.

It may have well have been saddened giving the aftermatch analysis. He was visibly excited about next weeks match
Re: Wigan GF again.... Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:39 pm  

Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Wanderer wrote:
I (and his comments) would suggest that he is a Saints fan.

He may well be a fan but I'd suggest that he's not on the programme as a high profile celebrity fan a la Johnny Vegas he's on there as a coach of a rival team
PreviousNext