WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Marquee my arris

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Marquee my arris

Re: Marquee my arris Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:39 am  

DizzyHeights wrote:
DizzyHeights Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I’m glad he’s dropped Austin the lad is a show pony who’s bottom lip has the potential to go during big games. Don’t fall for his dummy and what else does he actually have to his game? A decent bomb yes and not much else. Widdop was running into holes and was stopped due to great Wigan defence and looks far more of a threat than Austin. Big few games coming up and I’d have Austin no way near either, Catalan will almost certainly munch him.
Re: Marquee my arris Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:16 am  

Captain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

CW8 wrote:
I think patton is good enough he has all the tools, his timing is really good, but I also think that he is far too happy to drift in and out of games. He should want the ball all the time, he should want to determine where the game is played so he can make his mark but he doesn't seem to. First half the other week against Salford he was excellent, second half he sort of went missing. I know there were a lot of errors and the completion took a nose dive but he was the captain on the day and he shut up shop for me.

Sorry CW8 but he has been given plenty of opportunity to shine and other than an occasional glimpse has never impressed. His boat has sailed I’m afraid, time for the next generation.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Marquee my arris Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:17 am  

Captain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

DizzyHeights wrote:
I’m glad he’s dropped Austin the lad is a show pony who’s bottom lip has the potential to go during big games. Don’t fall for his dummy and what else does he actually have to his game? A decent bomb yes and not much else. Widdop was running into holes and was stopped due to great Wigan defence and looks far more of a threat than Austin. Big few games coming up and I’d have Austin no way near either, Catalan will almost certainly munch him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t a concussion issue, I was surprised he stayed on. Think your overall assessment of Austin is very harsh.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Marquee my arris Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:12 pm  

ninearches wrote:
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Apparently, Tyrone Roberts is a free agent again . Been released by Gold Coast ,no doubt we'll be in the running again with the thinking that anything from Oz must be good.
Re: Marquee my arris Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:22 pm  

CW8 wrote:
CW8 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Captain Hook wrote:
Sorry CW8 but he has been given plenty of opportunity to shine and other than an occasional glimpse has never impressed. His boat has sailed I’m afraid, time for the next generation.

I agree, that's what I was saying in the rest of my post. He does have good timing with his passes, he has some good attributes to work with but doesn't show them anywhere near enough and generally he just hasn't kicked on. It should be Riley deans turn now.
Re: Marquee my arris Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:53 am  

Wincham Wire wrote:
Wincham Wire Stevo's Armpit

I think it's fairly obvious we're not getting bang for our buck with regards to our 2 "Marquee" signings. Our better performers have been Gelling, Mamo and King recently (apart from Gelling the other night!) who I would suggest are way down the pay league at Wire. I get the feeling that to be on marquee money you have to be a marquee player mentally and our 2 are just not up to it. I'm sure Andrew Johns wouldn't allow himself to be portrayed as someone who's not earning his money! Marquee players should be mom every other game at least! I would scrap the marquee player and just pay your better players a bit more than others within the cap as it's probably causing some unrest among the group.
Re: Marquee my arris Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:28 am  
morrisseyisawire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

What did/do we need in a half-back partner for Austin and for the team in general?

I would suggest:

Good organiser, dominant vocal style
Good kicking game
Good passing game

We didn't need another flashy, running half putting out spectacular passes and impossible plays.

For what we spent on Mr Marquee we should have gone for Luke Gale, and we'd have had a few quid left too.
Re: Marquee my arris Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am  

User avatarBriers'Boot wrote:
Briers'Boot User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

morrisseyisawire wrote:
What did/do we need in a half-back partner for Austin and for the team in general?

I would suggest:

Good organiser, dominant vocal style
Good kicking game
Good passing game

We didn't need another flashy, running half putting out spectacular passes and impossible plays.

For what we spent on Mr Marquee we should have gone for Luke Gale, and we'd have had a few quid left too.

Sneyd?
Championships 3 (1948, 1954, 1955)
Challenge Cups 9 (1905, 1907, 1950, 1954, 1974, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2019)
Re: Marquee my arris Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:33 pm  

User avatarwire-flyer wrote:
wire-flyer User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

rubber duckie wrote:
And has challenge cup winners medal.

Widdop has an NRL GF winner's ring ...
Re: Marquee my arris Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:05 pm  

ninearches wrote:
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Perhaps money spent on marquee players would have bought us half a dozen decent players who would give 100% every week.
PreviousNext