Austin bench (and 3 forwards)

I’d have the bottle and do it.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Marquee my arris Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:53 am  

User avatarrunningman29 wrote:
runningman29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

From what I’ve seen of Brad Dwyer this season he’s created more than Austin.Slowly going off him and Widdop is creeping on my worst signings list.
Re: Marquee my arris Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:02 am  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I actually thought Widdop was decent tonight, certainly looked the more likely of the half’s you create something. Austin clearly picked up an injury after that hit in the first half.

Effort and desire was there tonight, we made plenty of meters, but again found a little wanting when it came to breaking down a tough defence. All comes back to attacking structures for me.
Re: Marquee my arris Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:16 am  

Crosfielder wrote:
Crosfielder Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

We've still never found our Briers replacement. Speaking of which it looked like he and Price had crossed words at the end.
Re: Marquee my arris Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:24 am  
Lord Tony Smith User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

rubber duckie wrote:
And has challenge cup winners medal.

You keep saying this as if it automatically makes him a better player.

Mark Flanagan won a grand final playing at stand off, Lee Briers never. Doesn’t make Flanagan better.
Re: Marquee my arris Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:20 pm  

Or thane wrote:
Or thane Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I can see why Widdop has played alot of Fullback, he's deadly in open and broken play but seems to lack the organisational skills i thought he was going to bring to us to be honest.
I thought he played well tonight, really don't care what other people think of that. He was taking on the line and trying his butt off, King is getting flack from people on here which i find bizzare. He was pretty much our best player on the field. Caused a complete headache in attack for Wigan to deal with and was all over the field.
That fact we didn't play Robson i find bizzarre and again puts even more doubt about price and his decisions.
Was BMM injured? Not sure why he didn't play?
I think Mamo getting injured has sorted the "where do we play Ashton" problem if he will be out for awhile which is a shame.
VERY light bench for me but Akauola would have been blown off the park if he played and Latu just isn't very good, so if BMM is injured who else would we play?
Kibula, Johson?
I personally would have put Doro on the bench, although Robson would have done a good job if we'd actually played him.
I don't want to suddenly be negative and say that's our season over already, but with the way we've played over a few years it's hard not too.
Also might just be me not spotting him but i haven't seen Andrew Henderson for ages, you see Briers with Price so where's Hendo? Is he pitchside with the players?
Re: Marquee my arris Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:11 am  
sir adrian morley User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Widdop was a marquee signing who's delivered very little in the time he's been here that's very disappointing.. I agree with Duckie get Patton out there but which one goes widdop or Austin or move steff to HB...also agree with king in the 2nd row
Re: Marquee my arris Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:30 am  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

rubber duckie wrote:
The only decent pass from 6 or 7 positions this season that I can recall, came in the last 5 mins to give us our last win from Patton.
The guy does not deserve to be sitting games out this season because of our marquee players.

Patton isn't the future, we need to know if Riley Dean is.
Re: Marquee my arris Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:04 am  
Dita's Slot Meter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

sir adrian morley wrote:
.. I agree with Duckie get Patton out there

If Patton is the answer then we really are done for as a club to be taken seriously.

Price picking Patton is him simply signing his own resignation letter. It'd be an admittance of his failure to get the best from players we are paying marquee money for.
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
Re: Marquee my arris Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:11 am  
Dezzies_right_hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Dita's Slot Meter wrote:
If Patton is the answer then we really are done for as a club to be taken seriously.

Price picking Patton is him simply signing his own resignation letter. It'd be an admittance of his failure to get the best from players we are paying marquee money for.

Based on this seasons appearances patton would offer us more than widdop currently has. Patrons passing is better than both widdop and Austin his pass selection has let him down previously.

Too much emphasis is put on our halfs !! If we look bereft of ideas it's down to our halfs having few options rather than their own ability, the convoluted obstruction interpretations are killing them. Would austin and Patton have failed if currie Hughes gelling king ratchford bmm had been giving them good viable options to attack the line. Its naive to think that just having two marquee halfs we will be good going forward when were not giving them many options. How many times did Austin receive an offload on the 5th completely taking him out of the last play attack ?? Is having hill and cooper taking a drive on the 4rmth in the opposition 20 the best year of a tackle ? We put everything on that last tackle play and hope it pays off

I would not be unhappy if patton is go get a game it maybe what one of our marquee signings need
PreviousNext