WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing

Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:08 am  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

https://warringtonwolves.com/news/2020/ ... lans-game/

The Wire face the Dragons in Round 14 looking to extend the winning run to nine matches in all competitions.

Gareth Widdop returns to the squad replacing Stefan Ratchford in the only change to the matchday squad from last week’s Challenge Cup win against St Helens. Tom Lineham serves the second game of his suspension.

Warrington Wolves 21-man squad: Matty Ashton, Blake Austin, Keanan Brand, Josh Charnley, Daryl Clark, Jason Clark, Mike Cooper, Ben Currie, Matt Davis, Anthony Gelling, Chris Hill, Jack Hughes, Toby King, Leilani Latu, Jake Mamo, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Declan Patton, Joe Philbin, Ellis Robson, Danny Walker, Gareth Widdop.
Re: Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:13 am  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Free-scoring winger

Wonder if there is an injury with Ratchford or of it's the first sign of Price rotating his squad...

Makes team selection easier I guess.

Ashton

Mamo
King
Gelling
Charnley

Austin
Widdop

Hill
Clark
Cooper
Currie
Hughes (although I'd rather see BMM there)
Clark (although I'd rather see Hughes there)

Davis
BMM
Philbin
Walker / Latu
Re: Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:54 am  

Captain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

This should prove interesting as Austin appears to thrive on being the “go to” half. Will he retreat into his shell with Widdop back?
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:01 pm  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Free-scoring winger

Captain Hook wrote:
This should prove interesting as Austin appears to thrive on being the “go to” half. Will he retreat into his shell with Widdop back?

I know Sky have been pushing that in recent weeks, but i'm not sure that's the case. He didn't seem to be in his shell during the last mach pre lockdown vs Hull, both players played well individually and in the previous weeks there were signs that they were starting to develop as a partnership.
Re: Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:37 pm  

Captain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Well he has definitely been playing better recently. I hope it is just Sky nonsense.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:41 pm  
St Helens Wolf Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Alffi_7 wrote:
Wonder if there is an injury with Ratchford or of it's the first sign of Price rotating his squad...

There were no reported injuries from last week but it could be a training ground injury or even a common cold. Hopefully it is rotation and I would say that Ratchford and Cooper would be heading the list of players that need to be spelled.

Only 4 days between the Catalan and Salford league games then a further 4 to the semi-final. I would expect that at least one more senior player is rested on Friday.
Re: Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:21 pm  

karetaker wrote:
karetaker Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Price did say he has a fully fit squad to chose from bar Lineham, hopefully it’s just a case of rotation.
Re: Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:48 pm  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Ratchford plays stellar after a break. We need him in top shape for Salford. Widdop needs some responsibility and game time. Looks a great decision from Price.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:00 pm  
Winslade's Offload 100% League Network
100% League Network

With the forwards returning and Widdop back in the halves it leaves either Ashton or Ratchford at FB. You could argue that Ashton might best be left out of the team since that was what Price did when we played Hudds., but Ratchford has played in all our matches so far and had a tough gig in the forwards as well, so my guess would be that he is not injured but merely rested. Price must think he has died and gone to heaven with a fully fit squad to select from and the only headache is who to leave out.
Re: Squad for Catalan - Ratchford missing Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:08 pm  
Winslade's Offload 100% League Network
100% League Network

Captain Hook wrote:

I was mulling over the opposite theory. Austin was great when he first joined but then seemed to go down hill. Was that because he had to shoulder the whole burden of being our attacking half because Patton never provided it ? The only real threat that Patton offered was the kick to the wing and occasionally a kick through, so Austin had to provide the attacking edge. But now he has Widdop alongside him...........
Next