WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Patton
Patton Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:01 pm  

karetaker wrote:
karetaker Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/of ... ossip-204/

According to this not going to offered a new contract and also talk of getting Inglis over sooner.
Re: Patton Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:33 pm  
Dita's Slot Meter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

karetaker wrote:
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/off-the-record-rugby-league-rumours-and-gossip-204/

According to this not going to offered a new contract and also talk of getting Inglis over sooner.

Makes sense for both sides. He isn't good enough for a top side and he's now reached a point where he needs to be getting game time, otherwise his career just fades away.

Leigh are showing some ambition in the transfer market if you believe the rumours. Could be an option for him and is probably his level.
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
Re: Patton Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:36 pm  

Or thane wrote:
Or thane Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Yeah we offered him around a month or so ago so new the writing was on the wall for him. I think he's do well in the championship but Super league he's still inconsistent even though he's played 100 games for us.
I'd be surprised if another Superleague team picks him up, but i think he could have a good career in the lower grades. Or even just with a switch to Hooker as he played pretty well there from the games i saw.
Re: Patton Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:55 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Dita's Slot Meter wrote:
Makes sense for both sides. He isn't good enough for a top side and he's now reached a point where he needs to be getting game time, otherwise his career just fades away.

Leigh are showing some ambition in the transfer market if you believe the rumours. Could be an option for him and is probably his level.

Yes, it would be good to have him in our squad. If we aren't retaining Jarrod Sammut or getting Josh Woods on loan for another season, then we only half 2 half-backs.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: Patton Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:00 pm  
St Helens Wolf Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I wouldn't write off another Super League club picking him up. He's certainly not what is required by a top four, or even top half of the table, club but the reason that he's played more than 100 Super League games is not because our coaching staff were blind but because there was no one better available. Decent halfbacks are thin on the ground and therefore very expensive, as we know only too well. There are Super League clubs hanging on by their fingernails.
Re: Patton Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:03 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wish him well. He's never going to be first choice half back, but has done a job for us when required. Agree with Or Thane that he was more effective at interchange hooker.