WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lineham - Grade F

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Lineham - Grade F

Re: Lineham - Grade F Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:01 pm  
lefty goldblatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Saddened! wrote:
Naughty. He doesn't have Tommy's 10 year good boy badge to get him off either.

He doesn't have a badge, but a CC winners medal
Still scratching my head, as to who he helped beat, that day.
Maybe you could help in solving this conundrum, bokkler
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.
Re: Lineham - Grade F Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:31 am  
Mighty_Wires88 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Personally would rather see Mamo given the nod on the wing, if the rest of the pack returns that allows Gelling and King to take up the centre spots. I think Mamo’s been exceptional the last couple weeks, seems to of iron out a couple mistakes from his game and he’s always eager to take the ball in to gain yardage/make a break - he’s as electric pace wise compared to Ashton too.
Re: Lineham - Grade F Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:15 am  

User avatarUncle Rico wrote:
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

The club need to get a grip with Lineham on this one IMO it was a stupid thing to do and totally unacceptable. Some mis timed tackles result in a trip to the disciplinary a player ducks its a high shot steps and its a shoulder charge etc.
There was no way on earth he was going to get away with it slow mo cameras at every angle.
Do the club take matters into their own hands and also fine him?
Re: Lineham - Grade F Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:29 am  

CW8 wrote:
CW8 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Makinson and lineham both charged with the same offence against Castleford. I'd say possibly retaliation against some rough treatment, not that it excuses what they've done. Are Cas a bit grubby at the breakdown?
Re: Lineham - Grade F Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:38 am  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

CW8 wrote:
Makinson and lineham both charged with the same offence against Castleford. I'd say possibly retaliation against some rough treatment, not that it excuses what they've done. Are Cas a bit grubby at the breakdown?

Not really most teams have at least one person that's a bit of a twunt in a team, cas, not so much, that I cant think of just now.

Alex Foster in particular is alright, a pretty fair player, as mentioned above, tommy needs dealing with, by the club, you'd say most of his bans in the last 3 years if not all are things that were avoidable, very very poor decision making on his part.

Although, this spate of 'engine room' fouls that's going on around the league since the restart is weird, you can't tell me everyone saw the threat of 8 games with makinson and thought, i fancy a bit of that.

Stupid
Re: Lineham - Grade F Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:42 am  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Mighty_Wires88 wrote:
Personally would rather see Mamo given the nod on the wing, if the rest of the pack returns that allows Gelling and King to take up the centre spots. I think Mamo’s been exceptional the last couple weeks, seems to of iron out a couple mistakes from his game and he’s always eager to take the ball in to gain yardage/make a break - he’s as electric pace wise compared to Ashton too.

If i could ban you for suggesting mamo on the wing, then I would do so, over and over again.

Grrrrrrrr

Whilst he's been in very good form recently, let us not forget his absolute inability under any kind of high ball whatsoever, almost scary, in fact.

If we have to, then we have to, but id explore every other option before that, ashton (also mot great) thewlis (not sure he can do the line clearing stuff as well)

Id probably opt for thewlis. Or maybe even brand.
Re: Lineham - Grade F Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:51 am  
Winslade's Offload 100% League Network
100% League Network

Uncle Rico wrote:
The club need to get a grip with Lineham on this one IMO it was a stupid thing to do and totally unacceptable. Some mis timed tackles result in a trip to the disciplinary a player ducks its a high shot steps and its a shoulder charge etc.
There was no way on earth he was going to get away with it slow mo cameras at every angle.
Do the club take matters into their own hands and also fine him?

I suspect a 5 game ban and the tannoy system playing something from the Nutcracker suite as the players come onto the field should be enough to warn him off.
Re: Lineham - Grade F Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:20 am  
Lord Tony Smith User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Such a dumb player this bloke. His disciplinary record for a winger is atrocious.
Re: Lineham - Grade F Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:27 am  

User avatarSaddened! wrote:
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Lord Tony Smith wrote:
Such a dumb player this bloke. His disciplinary record for a winger is atrocious.

That's it with Lineham. He's the reality of the 'Do you ever look at someone and wonder what's going on inside their head?' meme. He's so thick that were it not for rugby league forcing personal discipline and strict routine onto him he'd no doubt be in prison or worse.

It's a weird spate of these. Abdul from Hull KR has also been charged with it for grabbing James Bentley against us, although he's only a grade D, so it seems the RFL prefer players to grope from the doggy position, worth noting for players who can't resist in future. In all my years of watching RL I can't really remember many, if any, of these happening. Three in three weeks is just odd, especially given the length of Makinson's ban, you'd think they'd be put off.

It must be frustrating for the Warrington coaching staff as well. It levels up things a bit when the 3/4 should have been a massive advantage for Warrington in the game at the weekend as we've potentially only got Grace left out of the usual 3/4 line.
Re: Lineham - Grade F Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:40 am  

Captain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Saddened! wrote:
That's it with Lineham. He's the reality of the 'Do you ever look at someone and wonder what's going on inside their head?' meme. He's so thick that were it not for rugby league forcing personal discipline and strict routine onto him he'd no doubt be in prison or worse.

It's a weird spate of these. Abdul from Hull KR has also been charged with it for grabbing James Bentley against us, although he's only a grade D, so it seems the RFL prefer players to grope from the doggy position, worth noting for players who can't resist in future. In all my years of watching RL I can't really remember many, if any, of these happening. Three in three weeks is just odd, especially given the length of Makinson's ban, you'd think they'd be put off.

It must be frustrating for the Warrington coaching staff as well. It levels up things a bit when the 3/4 should have been a massive advantage for Warrington in the game at the weekend as we've potentially only got Grace left out of the usual 3/4 line.

Early excuse alert!
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
PreviousNext