Apr 09 20159 years75th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 07:5422nd Apr 24 05:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Latu : Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:02 pm  
PISol wrote:
There not one bit of criticism of KF that’s unfair. He creates his Own problems with his arrogance and unnecessary involvement.

A CEO of any company does not come out an make unnecessary statements andfeel the need to wind up the opposition or brag.

By his own admission our CEO “ searched the whole of Australia and found the best coach” He also is involved in the recruitment of players , who are not fit

Do you really believe Price is involved in the recruitment of players !!!Our CEO can’t help himself being at the forefront of every positive and has a desire to be the vocal point of the club, which for me illustrates arrogance.

Our wonderful CEO who can’t help himself but comment, has said nothing in the last few weeks because he knows!!!. It’s in time’s of crisis and difficulty you hear from a CEO not when the goings good.
Weve heard nothing from KF and he’s a culpable as anyone

No experience as a CEO and it shows now.

Jobs for the boys

Our CEO will be in the concourses before the Cas game answering fans questions, say one thing about KF, he isn't frightened of putting himself in these situations when it would be easier to hide away.

Is the CEO role a true CEO role? KF, like Radlinski and Rush are running the club under the guidance of Leneghan, McAnus and Moran/Middleton. Moran, and especially Middleton will be equally involved / culpable as KF in any performance of the club I would say. A little more difficult to criticise those guys though I guess given their financial support of the club.

I like a lot of things KF has done, but his success in the role for me will be determined by the clubs actions in resolving the current run of form. He either backs the coach or sacks the coach, if he backs him his success is tied to Price's, if he sacks him, his success is tied to how the new coach performs.

I'd also like an answer to the question of who is involved with player recruitment, and how the process works at the club. Both Price and KF will be involved i'm sure, but it would be interesting to know how they are involved.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4226
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years212th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 24 17:3114th Apr 24 18:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
top flight since 1895

Re: Latu : Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:10 pm  
Phuzzy wrote:
Again, Duckie, with the ridiculous boasts! How do you make out that your misfiring spine is the best in the League "by some distance"? Let look at them shall we?

For Wigan:

1) French or Ashton. Good prospect though he is I doubt anyone but a on-eyed fan would put Ashton above French at the moment.

2) Widdop/Austin or Hastings/Leuleuai. Hastings over either of yours by a substantial margin and then either of yours for the 2nd slot.

3) Clark or Powell. Clark by a distance.

I make that 2 each.

For Saints:

Coote or Ashton. Again, no disrespect to Ashton who's a fine young player but Coote easily.

Lomax/Fages or Widdop/Austin. Lomax comfortably with either of yours over Fages

Clark or Roby. Clark again but by a narrower margin. Roby up until recently.

2 each again.

I don't think there's too much that would be regarded as contentious above so where is this "by some distance" you allude to? That's, as I say, before we even get to the fact that on evidence thus far your spine doesn't seem to be working as a combination by which measure you'd be a comfortable 3rd of 3.

You need to swap young Ashton with Ratchford who is our starting FB. Then re-assess.
Phuzzy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5210
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200617 years123rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 00:1225th Apr 24 10:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Latu : Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:54 pm  
Oxford Exile wrote:
You need to swap young Ashton with Ratchford who is our starting FB. Then re-assess.

To be fair, I didn't include Ratchford as no one seems to agree on his best position, including your own coach. His best performance this season came in the halves and even Duckie would like to see him remain there. I have to say I rate Ratchford highly but you looked a better team with Ashton at fullback and Stef in the halves. If we count him as fullback, I've seen nothing from him this season to suggest he's a better option than French (the Man of Steel ratings thus far would tend to support this view) so nothing really changes for me regarding the above assessment. If you count him in the halves, again nothing changes as the two best from that list would be Hastings and Ratchford so he would only be displacing one of your own. Ditto Saints.

I'm aware that everything is subject to opinion, of course, but I've tried to look at it in an even handed manner and, agree or disagree with the assessment, I think you would agree there's nothing contentious in there? My point being, even allowing for some movement through difference of opinion, there's no way any of the 3 clubs could make the claim that their spine is better "by some distance"..
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2829
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 09 20159 years75th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 07:5422nd Apr 24 05:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Latu : Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:20 pm  
Phuzzy wrote:
To be fair, I didn't include Ratchford as no one seems to agree on his best position, including your own coach. His best performance this season came in the halves and even Duckie would like to see him remain there. I have to say I rate Ratchford highly but you looked a better team with Ashton at fullback and Stef in the halves. If we count him as fullback, I've seen nothing from him this season to suggest he's a better option than French (the Man of Steel ratings thus far would tend to support this view) so nothing really changes for me regarding the above assessment. If you count him in the halves, again nothing changes as the two best from that list would be Hastings and Ratchford so he would only be displacing one of your own. Ditto Saints.

I'm aware that everything is subject to opinion, of course, but I've tried to look at it in an even handed manner and, agree or disagree with the assessment, I think you would agree there's nothing contentious in there? My point being, even allowing for some movement through difference of opinion, there's no way any of the 3 clubs could make the claim that their spine is better "by some distance"..

Its a difficult thing to asses and rank. My own view is that depending on how Widdop performs Warrington have the better spine, and that's more because of the collective unit, rather than individuals being compared vs other clubs.

I don't rate Powell all that highly if I'm honest, nor Leuluai (defence aside), Bevan has started well and Hastings is the best half in the comp IMO, while I think Ratchford, Austin, Widdop and Clark are all of a very high quality, with no obvious weaker player.

Similarly at Saints, Coote, Lomax & Roby are all high quality and I agree Coote and Lomax are probably ahead of their counterparts at Warrington, but Fages (again defence aside) I don't rate as highly as the other 3.

As a collective 4 I preferred the Warrington spine at the start of the year, I wouldn't go as far to say they were far better though. We need to see how Widdop turns out to see if my belief rings true.
Phuzzy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5210
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200617 years123rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 00:1225th Apr 24 10:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Latu : Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:39 pm  
Alffi_7 wrote:
Its a difficult thing to asses and rank. My own view is that depending on how Widdop performs Warrington have the better spine, and that's more because of the collective unit, rather than individuals being compared vs other clubs.

I don't rate Powell all that highly if I'm honest, nor Leuluai (defence aside), Bevan has started well and Hastings is the best half in the comp IMO, while I think Ratchford, Austin, Widdop and Clark are all of a very high quality, with no obvious weaker player.

Similarly at Saints, Coote, Lomax & Roby are all high quality and I agree Coote and Lomax are probably ahead of their counterparts at Warrington, but Fages (again defence aside) I don't rate as highly as the other 3.

As a collective 4 I preferred the Warrington spine at the start of the year, I wouldn't go as far to say they were far better though. We need to see how Widdop turns out to see if my belief rings true.

Not an unreasonable assessment mate. As I said, opinion and club bias will play a part in it (I think the 'as a collective' part of your assessment falls down for example as I feel that is exactly what you don't have. You seem to have a collection of quality individuals rather than a collective unit). Either way I think we're both agreed that any claim that one is "by some distance" better than the others is just nonsense.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4226
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years212th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 24 17:3114th Apr 24 18:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
top flight since 1895

Re: Latu : Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:40 pm  
neither Widdop or Austin did a lot last night to enhance their reputations in a Warrington Shirt IMO.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3084No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 29 201212 years19th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Oct 23 18:501st Oct 23 18:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Latu : Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:08 pm  
Oxford Exile wrote:
neither Widdop or Austin did a lot last night to enhance their reputations in a Warrington Shirt IMO.

They were garbage. Austin slightly less so second half but neither did anything to merit marquee status.

My concern with all the high profile playmakers, and I include Ratch, Clarke, Currie etc., is they all wait for someone else to do it. We still need someone to call the shots and direct the ship and I thought that was Widdop's remit - to date, I see no evidence.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3114
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 27 200816 years22nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 16:5819th Apr 24 09:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Latu : Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:13 pm  
Oxford Exile wrote:

Nor did any of the current Saints team under Cunningham (bar Mr Reliable Roby).

The Saints, Wigan and Warrington squads being compared are all capable of winning a grand final. What’s more relevant is comparing the coaches - I’m not sure where we start on that one. I like Woolf’s reputation. Lam had a good second half of last season, but the jury is still out. Price has a trophy and 3 finals but this hides the very average weekly form, and he’s yet to show he can coach a champion side.

Anyway, back to the thread and Latu - it’s clear Price isn’t fully in charge of who we sign and is under pressure to pitch the likes of Burrell in to satisfy somebody upstairs.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3084No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 29 201212 years19th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Oct 23 18:501st Oct 23 18:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Latu : Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:57 pm  
I was enjoying a mid-morning Port & Lemon in a town centre hostilry today and SKY seemed to be having a "lets laugh at Warrington" special.

Highlights of our GF finals v Leeds & Wigan.

I don't know what was more depressing, the knowledge that even with Briers, Monaghan x 2, Morley, Ratchford, Grix, Harrison etc. we still came up short or the knowledge that the baton has been passed to players barely worthy of comparison.

A long dark weekend of the soul beckons.
CW8 
RankPostsTeam
International Star3936
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 15 201310 years27th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 21:4323rd Apr 24 20:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Latu : Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:03 pm  
I suppose the best thing about this latu signing is that we signed him on a 2 year contract! At this rate he won't make a single appearance barring a lot of injuries.
Last edited by CW8 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext