WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Non Wire TV games

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Non Wire TV games

Re: Non Wire TV games Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:14 pm  
lefty goldblatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I think next Friday's game COULD be a staggeringly low attendance, all things considered.
If SBW's wife hasn't had her child/complications etc, that's him staying at home, so no interest factor there. They have no travelling fans. Potentially crap weather (it is February, after all)
We maybe lucky to see 7.5k
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.
Re: Non Wire TV games Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:18 pm  

Or thane wrote:
Or thane Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wigan don't have a great squad and i don't quite get all the love from the critics. Toronto will be a much better squad when the likes of Darcy Lussick, chase Stanley, wilkin, SBW etc are fully fit and in the team. But yeah they could have bought 2-3 good players for the marquee payment to SBW. I do understand what Mcdermott was saying about the cap and attracting players and travel etc so paying a bit more for them......BUT they know the rules, they know the salary which has increased this year so there is no real excuse. Don't pay over the odds for players, if they aren't happy with the wage let them go elsewhere and invest in someone else. Mcdermott is not new to the block and knows how the system works.
Re: Non Wire TV games Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:36 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Asgardian13 wrote:
What has happened to Jackson Hastings?

Same thing that happens whenever they sign a shining halfback from another superleague team.

Tell them to stop doing what it was that made them highly rated. Happened with Danny orr, happened with denis moran, gavin clinch, tony smith etc.

Although from what i have seen of them so far, it does look like he's rocked up to training and said" ere lads, i've got this drop off pass that i used to do to josh jones ALL THE TIME at salford, lets do it here"
Re: Non Wire TV games Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:44 pm  

User avatarMoe syslak wrote:
Moe syslak User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

lefty goldblatt wrote:
I think next Friday's game COULD be a staggeringly low attendance, all things considered.
If SBW's wife hasn't had her child/complications etc, that's him staying at home, so no interest factor there. They have no travelling fans. Potentially crap weather (it is February, after all)
We maybe lucky to see 7.5k

Aren't we doing the community thing again for the Toronto fixture? Kids for a quid in the West stand. Got over 11,000 last year versus London.
'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'
Re: Non Wire TV games Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 pm  
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Moe syslak wrote:
Aren't we doing the community thing again for the Toronto fixture? Kids for a quid in the West stand. Got over 11,000 last year versus London.

That's fair enough, then.
A poorish TWP with no fans/injuries/and maybe no superstar, could've been woeful
Re: Non Wire TV games Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:25 pm  

ratticusfinch User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

There's also the added factor of us being decent to watch so far this season. Fair play the club clearly took the fan's comments on board and looked to improve the entertainment factor ON the field as priority. As a selective game supoorter these days that will sway me back into the HJ.
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'
Re: Non Wire TV games Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:47 pm  

fez1 wrote:
fez1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Regardless of how we view the Wigan squad, they will be there or thereabouts in October...... :(
It's a culture thing, which both Wigan and Saints have - even though it pains me to say it.
(And I REALLY dislike Wigan).
Re: Non Wire TV games Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:55 pm  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Wigan might just make 5th. Poor in 3 games and got lucky. Sooner than later that luck will run out.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Non Wire TV games Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:20 pm  
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

rubber duckie wrote:
Wigan might just make 5th. Poor in 3 games and got lucky. Sooner than later that luck will run out.

Sorry, duckie. Wigan "might just make 5th".
Not a chance
They'll COMFORTABLY make it. They're playing "poorly", yet still 2 /3. Then there's "blind eyes turned" to SO'L's head shots, dodgy refing decisions (I know, Wigan are due a few, they've NEVER had any since 1984) and favourable disciplinary decisions (again, none since 1984)

I'd bet my last 50p, they'll be in the playoffs.
Re: Non Wire TV games Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:35 pm  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

lefty goldblatt wrote:
Sorry, duckie. Wigan "might just make 5th".
Not a chance
They'll COMFORTABLY make it. They're playing "poorly", yet still 2 /3. Then there's "blind eyes turned" to SO'L's head shots, dodgy refing decisions (I know, Wigan are due a few, they've NEVER had any since 1984) and favourable disciplinary decisions (again, none since 1984)

I'd bet my last 50p, they'll be in the playoffs.
...but that's the same bet as me. Just might make 5th.
once a wire always a wire
PreviousNext