WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Where will we finish

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Where will we finish

Re: Where will we finish Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:00 pm  

User avatarUncle Rico wrote:
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 4620
Location: Stuck in 1982
i genuinely hope that I'm off the mark here as I'm usually in the optimistic camp and it pains me to say it, but as it stands I think the best we can muster is a dogfight for the last play off spot before narrowly missing out.
Re: Where will we finish Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:41 pm  

User avatarWires71 wrote:
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 11349
Location: TodavĂ­a aquĂ­, todavĂ­a escribiendo.
Based on recent history, the stats indicate ...

We have an even chance of getting to Wembley and then an even chance of winning the CC
We will most likely make the playoffs.
We have a 1/4 chance of making the final which we will lose.
Re: Where will we finish Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:08 pm  

Redvee69 wrote:
Redvee69 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:56 pm
Posts: 139
rubber duckie wrote:
Top plus win CC and GF....and WCC


Nurse.....nurse.....hes out of bed again
Re: Where will we finish Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:09 pm  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 14934
History shows us 345 in top 5 is not 1/4.
It's zero
once a wire always a wire
Re: Where will we finish Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:05 pm  

User avatarWires71 wrote:
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 11349
Location: TodavĂ­a aquĂ­, todavĂ­a escribiendo.
rubber duckie wrote:
History shows us 345 in top 5 is not 1/4.
It's zero


Dont understand.
Re: Where will we finish Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:08 pm  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 14934
Wires71 wrote:
Dont understand.

It means I don't agree with your stats and odds again.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Where will we finish Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:26 pm  
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:26 am
Posts: 15690
Wires71 wrote:
Based on recent history, the stats indicate ...

We have an even chance of getting to Wembley and then an even chance of winning the CC
We will most likely make the playoffs.
We have a 1/4 chance of making the final which we will lose.


I like thinking about things probabilistically like this.

At this point, my totally subjective - not based on any statistical modelling information or projections - guesstimate would be:

Making Wembley: 20%
Winning the CC: 10%
Winning the League Leaders' Shield: 10%
Making the playoffs: 55%
Making the Grand Final: 10%
Winning the Grand Final: 5%

That would give us a 1 in 200 chance of winning the double and 1 in 2000 chance of the treble, assuming the events are independent. In practice the odds of making/winning the Grand Final would go up if we won the LLS and might go down if we won the CC, but I haven't factored that in.
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016
Re: Where will we finish Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:10 pm  

fez1 wrote:
fez1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:31 pm
Posts: 1778
Can easily see us finishing 7th or 8th unless Price comes up with better tactics.
He seemed totally lost in the 2nd half of last season except for in the cup.
And he tried to play the cup tactics in the league after the CC win. It failed

Our squad is full of top performers but Price isn't getting anywhere near the best out of them and I've seen absolutely nothing to show he knows how to.

I hope I'm wrong but for the 1st time since Lowe's was the coach I can't say I'm looking forward to the season.
Re: Where will we finish Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:28 pm  
Winslade's Offload 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:40 pm
Posts: 4295
Location: Waiting for a little prick.
sally cinnamon wrote:
I like thinking about things probabilistically like this.

At this point, my totally subjective - not based on any statistical modelling information or projections - guesstimate would be:

Making Wembley: 20%
Winning the CC: 10%
Winning the League Leaders' Shield: 10%
Making the playoffs: 55%
Making the Grand Final: 10%
Winning the Grand Final: 5%

That would give us a 1 in 200 chance of winning the double and 1 in 2000 chance of the treble, assuming the events are independent. In practice the odds of making/winning the Grand Final would go up if we won the LLS and might go down if we won the CC, but I haven't factored that in.


Did you allow for the possibility of one of the top clubs being docked points for breaching the salary cap ? I only ask because my model suggests we have a 13% chance of winning the LLS.
Re: Where will we finish Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:42 am  

BIAW! wrote:
BIAW! Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:19 am
Posts: 57
I'm going 5th this year, open the campaign with 2 losses. Price gone by Easter.

Saints
Wigan
Leeds
Hull
Wire

Huddersfield to drop.

Interesting article over on the RFL site regarding 2020 final table

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1 ... e-will-end
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fez1, Philth and 94 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,117,87867178,4354,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X