WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Where will we finish

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Where will we finish

Re: Where will we finish Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:08 pm  

Robwire wrote:
Robwire Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

5th, having slipped out of the top 4 in the last third of the season and being unable to get back in.
Re: Where will we finish Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:14 am  

User avatarBig Ask wrote:
Big Ask User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: Doha, Qatar - Home of the 2022 World Cup and now relocated to the M62 corridor
4 months ago our recruitment looked stellar and the expectation was that we would build on the Widdop signing which would make us a real force in 2020.

Unfortunately we didn’t. So if we carry the form/lack of go-forward into 2020 it will be a 4th place at best.

A bloody shame.
Fat blokes in the mud, flat caps, bogs that drain pi55 directly onto your boots - Now it's all 'Big Ask', 'Arm Wrestle', 'Collision' 'Contact' 'Facials' 'Upper Body Strength' 'Big Units' 'Scooting from Dummy Half' 'Energy Levels' 'Laying the Platform' ‘Middles’ and 'T-R-Y'. Let’s not forget resilience.
Re: Where will we finish Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:13 am  

Widnes Al wrote:
Widnes Al Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

4th or 5th. Other teams improved as last season went on and Wire went backwards. At the end of the season your pack was a shadow of its former self. Still no recognised 13
Obviously Widdop is a class act but I don't think that's enough. Price to be under real pressure quite early in the season
I hope I'm wrong but I predict a very indifferent year
Re: Where will we finish Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:25 am  
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

We'll be competing for the last couple of playoff spots most of the season, so anywhere from 4th to 7th.

I think it will be a stretch to win enough playoff games from there to make the Grand Final so our best chance of a trophy will be the CC again.

Most likely, a similar season to this year but without the Challenge Cup. Just sneak in to the playoffs but get knocked out early.
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016
Re: Where will we finish Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:36 am  

User avatarSaddened! wrote:
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I'd say you are over estimating Wigan's squad and underestimating your own. Hastings is a good player, but Wigan were simply woeful last season, they wouldn't have beaten Saints in a million years. Hastings wouldn't bridge that gap either. Warrington should be finishing above them. Top two should be Saints and Warrington, the order depends how successful Woolfe is and whether Widdop and Austin, Clark and Cooper stay fit for Warrington.
Re: Where will we finish Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:38 am  
sir adrian morley User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Wigan
Saints
Leeds
Hull
Wire

Can see a bad start with 2 defeats in first 2 games...then should pick up a bit..saints for challenge cup and Wigan for end of season comp
Re: Where will we finish Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:55 am  
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Are we all assuming we finish above Salford?
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016
Re: Where will we finish Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:10 am  

User avatarBig Dave 3 wrote:
Big Dave 3 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

sally cinnamon wrote:
Are we all assuming we finish above Salford?

Can’t speak for anyone else but Salford to finish 5th
ChrisPie2 wrote-

(Lee Briers prior to the semi final)

He will deserve it if he contributes to a winning performance.

Clearly he has never done this in the past and thus has never deserved to be in a final, i suspect that the same scenario will occur tomorrow.
Re: Where will we finish Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:07 pm  
Lord Tony Smith User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Saints
Wigan
Wire
Hull FC
Castleford
Leeds
Salford
Catalans
Toronto
Wakefield
Hull KR
Huddersfield
Re: Where will we finish Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:25 pm  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

If we compare the two squads 2019 vs 2020 we should finish as high as we did last year, our big failing this off season (so far) is the lack of a new prop, but that prop was absent last year too. All we have lost prop wise from 2019 is Tasi and a bit part Westood, we have lost depth rather than quality. The half back situation is obviously a positive on 2019. The key for us will be keeping Clark, Widdop & Austin fit and returning to a style of play & form from H1 last year - There's lots of doom & gloom around, but I am expecting a top 4 finish.

I think overall we are weaker in the centre, Gelling and/or Burrell need to impress me more than my expectations for us to be better in this department than 2019.

Of the other contenders:

Saints: Will be favourites with little squad change, the only variable is the new coach
Wigan: Will be better than 2019 I think with Hastings & Burgess. Top 3 comfortably
Leeds: Who knows? They have recruited well, but losing Merrin still looks a possibility. They have better halves going in to 2020 and their back row looks good but props still an issue. Could be top four, could equally be bottom four.
Hull FC: Have added some good strike with Fonua & Jones. Halves can be a bit hit and miss, so much rests on the season of Sneyd, Connor & Albert. Wouldn't surprise me to see Connor leave mid season causing unrest. Chasing Top 4
Salford: Big ask for them to back up 2019 with Hastings, Jones & others. They have a good coach, but I think they may well drop down to 5th/6th
Castleford: A lot rests on the shoulders of Trueman and Richardson will need to step up I'm expecting mid table
Catalan: Maloney is a great signing, but they have a long way to go to prove they can be consistent enough for a top four spot.
Toronto: Like Leeds, no idea, the travelling may be a problem for them and its a big step up in intensity for SL, so i'm expecting they'll go better in 2021. Lower mid table
Huddersfield, Wakey and KR should all be concerned about the drop.
PreviousNext