Re: Sita...
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:08 pm
Posted by ninearches on Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:08 pm
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 305
Rep Position: 85th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 304

Cameras everywhere & they can't get the right decisions ,they are even reluctant to show defensive lines on tv because the rules are blatantly ignored.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:01 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:01 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1870
Rep Position: 1st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

I think Sita got off lightly...a 20 min ban over 2 weeks.
once a wire always a wire
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:45 pm
Posted by sir adrian morley on Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:45 pm
sir adrian morley User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 385
Rep Position: 58th / 77,904

Captain Hook wrote:
If by "bent" you mean "corrupt", I don't agree. Certainly there are incosistencies and errors by the Officials, but show me a sport where there isn't.

Course its bent..explain how hicks never sin binned or sent off Tomkin's in gf but hull kr in cup we had 2 sin binned for minor offences...since the gf started at old Trafford we've had 4 teams win it Wigan saints Leeds bradford..Bradford are now out the select club and not replaced..guarantee saints or wigan will win it this year..an outside shot will be Leeds.....happens every year
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:59 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:59 pm
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

sir adrian morley wrote:
Course its bent..explain how hicks never sin binned or sent off Tomkin's in gf but hull kr in cup we had 2 sin binned for minor offences...since the gf started at old Trafford we've had 4 teams win it Wigan saints Leeds bradford..Bradford are now out the select club and not replaced..guarantee saints or wigan will win it this year..an outside shot will be Leeds.....happens every year

At full strength it's hard see any team other than Saints and Wire in the GF but Catalan have it I them to turn Saints over.

It would be nice to see Wire v Catalan in Old Trafford to put a new name on the trophy for sure and pee the RFL off again! Plenty cheap tickets.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:13 pm
Posted by Jack Napier on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:13 pm
Jack Napier Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 178
Rep Position: 149th / 77,904

morleys_deckchair wrote:
if they brought back the shoulder charge, but heavily penalised head shots, it would improve things massively.

The game hasn't been the same for me since they banned that.

Same. Protect the head and cheap shots on unprotected players (e.g. cannoball tackles) and leave everything else.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:26 pm
Posted by Uncle Rico on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:26 pm
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 400
Rep Position: 55th / 77,904

sir adrian morley wrote:

Sorry SAM I disagree, well to a certain extent anyway, I don't think that the game is bent, but, do agree that it lacks consistency and we've had our share of being on the wrong end of some dubious calls. The difference in the treatment of Roby and Hill for example shouldn't even be a topic for debate, same crime = same punishment end of, particularly as it's meted out by a review panel.

In game, heat of the moment decisions like the forward pass for St's first try and Charnley's chalked off effort the following home game are just bad luck, not some anti Wire conspiracy IMO.

Tomkins knew he'd gotten away with one in the GF and I think he should have gone (waits for Westwood/Green reposte from any guests), but, are you saying that had it been against St's or Leeds he'd have walked?
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:26 pm
Posted by Captain Hook on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:26 pm
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 581
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,904

sir adrian morley wrote:

Following your logic Ben Westwood should have been sent off in the GF previous against Wigan.
I generally believe in incompetence over conspiracy. Otherwise Catalans wouldn’t have been to Wembley and we would not have beaten Saints in the semi as a couple of counter examples.
If you genuinely believe our sport is fixed why bother watching it?
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:00 pm
Posted by sir adrian morley on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:00 pm
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Uncle Rico wrote:
Sorry SAM I disagree, well to a certain extent anyway, I don't think that the game is bent, but, do agree that it lacks consistency and we've had our share of being on the wrong end of some dubious calls. The difference in the treatment of Roby and Hill for example shouldn't even be a topic for debate, same crime = same punishment end of, particularly as it's meted out by a review panel.

In game, heat of the moment decisions like the forward pass for St's first try and Charnley's chalked off effort the following home game are just bad luck, not some anti Wire conspiracy IMO.

Tomkins knew he'd gotten away with one in the GF and I think he should have gone (waits for Westwood/Green reposte from any guests), but, are you saying that had it been against St's or Leeds he'd have walked?

Who knows but if it had been brown Tyrone hill Clark etc commitng these offences would our individual stayed on I doubt it.that's why I mentioned the hull kr cup game....same ref 2 sin binnings....defo not a level playing field for me
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:03 pm
Posted by sir adrian morley on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:03 pm
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Captain Hook wrote:
Following your logic Ben Westwood should have been sent off in the GF previous against Wigan.
I generally believe in incompetence over conspiracy. Otherwise Catalans wouldn’t have been to Wembley and we would not have beaten Saints in the semi as a couple of counter examples.
If you genuinely believe our sport is fixed why bother watching it?

Dead right he should of gone...but he committed one bad act Tomkin's did 2 and wasn't sin binned..if you think all is fair then that's up to you....enjoy your rugby in your world.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:42 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:42 pm
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

We need to follow the NRL and get lady refs...my missus doesn't miss ewt.
PreviousNext