WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - "Impact players" use them from the start?

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves "Impact players" use them from the start?

"Impact players" use them from the start?
Post Sat May 25, 2019 11:04 pm
Posted by Jack Napier on Sat May 25, 2019 11:04 pm
Jack Napier Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 178
Rep Position: 136th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

I, like a lot of people, have said that they prefer the likes of Philbin from the bench.

In the CC Final, GF and games like Salford at home, we have lost the physical battle early and the tone was set.

Against Wigan, Philbin was his usual mad-man self. Would it be better for us to use him (and the likes of BMM or Akauola) from the start to set the tone?

Cooper and Hill have to get through so much work that they can't be expected to do it all on their own.
Posted by Wires71 on Sat May 25, 2019 11:09 pm
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 572
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,823

Jack Napier wrote:
I, like a lot of people, have said that they prefer the likes of Philbin from the bench.

In the CC Final, GF and games like Salford at home, we have lost the physical battle early and the tone was set.

Against Wigan, Philbin was his usual mad-man self. Would it be better for us to use him (and the likes of BMM or Akauola) from the start to set the tone?

Cooper and Hill have to get through so much work that they can't be expected to do it all on their own.

I like Philbin starting for the bench. If he can cut out his silly ball stealing (or at least getting caught), and stay in one piece with his kamikaze runs he is effective. The charge into Greenwood - ouch!
https://www.mind.org.uk
Posted by Jack Napier on Sat May 25, 2019 11:20 pm
Jack Napier Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 178
Rep Position: 136th / 77,823

Wires71 wrote:
I like Philbin starting for the bench. If he can cut out his silly ball stealing (or at least getting caught), and stay in one piece with his kamikaze runs he is effective. The charge into Greenwood - ouch!

Not sure I've ever seen a better example of legal brutality. I've always wanted him from the bench but just thinking of ways to stop physical teams from setting an early tone. He flew out of the traps today like he does when he comes on. Made a few errors but was a huge part of standing up to Wigan's aggression.
Posted by rubber duckie on Sun May 26, 2019 6:48 am
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1789
Rep Position: 1st / 77,823

BMM and Philbin both had below level performances when they started.
once a wire always a wire