WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tonight’s game v Giants.

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Tonight’s game v Giants.

Re: Tonight’s game v Giants.
Post Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:13 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:13 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1697
Rep Position: 1st / 77,801

Quiz Score: 0

Paul Youane wrote:
Warrington Guardian doesn't even list Austin as a choice for man of the match on their poll which is quite frankly ridiculous. Head and shoulders above every one else for the award this week.

I don't get it either. I actually think the whole playing team should have an option...not a short list who the writer thinks.
It's almost as bad as Sky TV and pick one of 4.
once a wire always a wire
Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:35 pm
Posted by Giantscorpio on Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:35 pm
Giantscorpio User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 258th / 77,801

Wire Weaver wrote:
I was at the game and both the incidents where, 1st Ratchford was head tackled on our line and secondly where Hill was hit in the face with the forearm, (which resulted in him leaving the field) were not given by Childs, he wasn't going to give us a penalty, the in goal official gave Childs the instruction to penalise on both occassions.
As for the tochline incidents, the ball had crossed the line, we being head on to the touchline, the ball doesn't have to bounce over the touch lines.
Huddersfields 1st try appeared to put his foot on the touch line, but the try was given.
It's funny but we all thought Childs was trying to win the game for you, I don't thing I have seen so many obstructions let go with no penalty.

The ball does have to touch the ground, either in touch or dead ball before it is classed as out of play, I think you should know the rules before you start spouting on here. Also the penalties Childs gave to the Giants, 7 in the last 10 minutes were laughable, some not worth bothering about but he was only doing it to even up the penalty count when the game was won by Wire. Also the so called forearm, Childs seemed ok with it, and how can an in-goal judge report a forearm, the player has his back to him and he is 25 yards away.
[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/giantscorpio.gif[/img]
Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:04 pm
Posted by GIANTSRL on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:04 pm
GIANTSRL User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 738
Rep Position: 12th / 77,801

Giantscorpio wrote:
The ball does have to touch the ground, either in touch or dead ball before it is classed as out of play, I think you should know the rules before you start spouting on here. Also the penalties Childs gave to the Giants, 7 in the last 10 minutes were laughable, some not worth bothering about but he was only doing it to even up the penalty count when the game was won by Wire. Also the so called forearm, Childs seemed ok with it, and how can an in-goal judge report a forearm, the player has his back to him and he is 25 yards away.

true about the ball going out, it has to hit the floor.

a few incidents didnt go our way at crucial times, 12-6 and we were getting on top till that hill forearm rubbish..the rfl said there wasnt a forearm used

but because it was hill and the wire fans were behind the touch judge he made the call for a pen and a sin binning.

5 incidents the rfl looked at... all huddersfield players.... only 1 found to be a penalty .
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:36 pm
Posted by moving on... on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:36 pm
moving on... User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 245
Rep Position: 94th / 77,801

GIANTSRL wrote:
true about the ball going out, it has to hit the floor.

a few incidents didnt go our way at crucial times, 12-6 and we were getting on top till that hill forearm rubbish..the rfl said there wasnt a forearm used

but because it was hill and the wire fans were behind the touch judge he made the call for a pen and a sin binning.

5 incidents the rfl looked at... all huddersfield players.... only 1 found to be a penalty .

Aww, Diddums :cry:
Its ALWAYS our year

Est.1876

Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.

1876 - 2019

BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012
Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:52 pm
Posted by Builth Wells Wire on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:52 pm
Builth Wells Wire User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 373
Rep Position: 56th / 77,801

Paul Youane wrote:
Warrington Guardian doesn't even list Austin as a choice for man of the match on their poll which is quite frankly ridiculous. Head and shoulders above every one else for the award this week.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... er-round-3
Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:16 pm
Posted by jools on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:16 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 471
Rep Position: 36th / 77,801

Wire Weaver wrote:
I was at the game and both the incidents where, 1st Ratchford was head tackled on our line and secondly where Hill was hit in the face with the forearm, (which resulted in him leaving the field) were not given by Childs, he wasn't going to give us a penalty, the in goal official gave Childs the instruction to penalise on both occassions.
As for the tochline incidents, the ball had crossed the line, we being head on to the touchline, the ball doesn't have to bounce over the touch lines.
Huddersfields 1st try appeared to put his foot on the touch line, but the try was given.
It's funny but we all thought Childs was trying to win the game for you, I don't thing I have seen so many obstructions let go with no penalty.

Except hill wasn’t hit in the face by a forearm was he? Hill encouraged him to think that, took a nice free 15 minute substitute, and got a player incorrectly sent off- just at a time when giants were turning the screw- changed the game that decision-
and yet people were calling for Murphy to be banned for “cheating”. The irony.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:18 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:18 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1697
Rep Position: 1st / 77,801

jools wrote:
Except hill wasn’t hit in the face by a forearm was he? Hill encouraged him to think that, took a nice free 15 minute substitute, and got a player incorrectly sent off- just at a time when giants were turning the screw- changed the game that decision-
and yet people were calling for Murphy to be banned for “cheating”. The irony.

It didn't change the course of the game. Giants were never going to win it. Bottom 4 team this season I'm afraid.
once a wire always a wire
Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:07 pm
Posted by jools on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:07 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 471
Rep Position: 36th / 77,801

rubber duckie wrote:
It didn't change the course of the game. Giants were never going to win it. Bottom 4 team this season I'm afraid.

Is that right Nostradamus? .....considering wire only beat us by 12 points, and felt obligated to cheat to give themselves an upper hand it doesn’t bode well for wire then does it.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:11 pm
Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:11 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 779
Rep Position: 9th / 77,801

Let it go Jools, were only three games in.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:24 pm
Posted by Paul Youane on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:24 pm
Paul Youane Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 84
Rep Position: 204th / 77,801

GIANTSRL wrote:

Well I've checked the Disciplinary findings and the actual truth is there were seven incidents involving Huddersfield players and the findings were as follows:

Four incidents were not penalised at the time and the board found in each incident that was correct and no sanction was required.

Two incidents, separate to the sin binning, were penalised at the time and in both cases the penalty was deemed correct and sufficient punishment.

In the case of the sin binning the board found after studying the incident, and I'll quote the board's findings to avoid any further confusion in Yorkshire, "Sin Bin sufficient" which suggests that the level of foul play deserved the sin binning bit no further penalty.

I do wonder what report you have been reading; the Huddersfield Examiner?
PreviousNext