WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union!

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union!

Re: Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union! Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:35 pm  

clutch wrote:
clutch Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

How in the world can he cover the halves? He’s a lot of things but never a half back. He can’t kick, pass or spot space!! Surely he’s a centre. He will lose some of that weight with different conditioning. He’s basically a like for like replacement for Atkins. If we get a few years of Atkins level quality then we would have done very well. As a fan of both codes it’s an intriguing signing. Definitely sceptical but looking forward to seeing how he goes.

If it works, it could be good for the game if League can start bringing Union players back into the game. Though that would always have to be marque so a big risk. Also, chance of resentment from players if an average Union player turns up on a big wage. I wouldn’t be happy.
Re: Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union! Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:36 pm  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Some jealousy about.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union! Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:36 pm  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Saintflyer13 wrote:
Another over the hill player taking the place of a youngster, it is typical this from Warrington.You have young lads in your 1st team squad that I know are absolutely ripping it up in training day in day out with limited opportunities then they sign a 30+ year old player that knocks them back again. Give the young lads a shot ffs

Coming from the team that signed Joseph Paulo? And are now sending Danny Richardson off to Leigh?
Re: Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union! Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:38 pm  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

clutch wrote:
How in the world can he cover the halves? He’s a lot of things but never a half back. He can’t kick, pass or spot space!! Surely he’s a centre. He will lose some of that weight with different conditioning. He’s basically a like for like replacement for Atkins. If we get a few years of Atkins level quality then we would have done very well. As a fan of both codes it’s an intriguing signing. Definitely sceptical but looking forward to seeing how he goes.

If it works, it could be good for the game if League can start bringing Union players back into the game. Though that would always have to be marque so a big risk. Also, chance of resentment from players if an average Union player turns up on a big wage. I wouldn’t be happy.

Go read my post again, and if you still don't get it, then I'll break it down for you.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union! Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:42 pm  

AS108 wrote:
AS108 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

rubber duckie wrote:
Go read my post again, and if you still don't get it, then I'll break it down for you.

Please do break it down
Re: Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union! Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 pm  

Saintflyer13 wrote:
Saintflyer13 Stevo's Armpit

Alffi_7 wrote:
Coming from the team that signed Joseph Paulo? And are now sending Danny Richardson off to Leigh?

My forum name has nothing to do with saint helens . Where he going to play ? In place of who , Goodwin, Atkins, king, curry, Hughes, Livett, Mamo, because at 31 he’s not going to get any better. So why not give one off the young lads a go like Robson, Johnson, Davies,
Re: Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union! Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:51 pm  

ratticusfinch User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Risky but exciting signing. Our deluded, bitter scouse friends never fail to amuse me. Really hoping we meet in the GF this year as we're guaranteed to beat them in a big game YET AGAIN!!
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'
Re: Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union! Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:59 pm  

Fredsta wrote:
Fredsta Stevo's Armpit

Great signing. He’ll go as a centre or loose and brings power and pace. Far from over the hill at 31 and just adds more quality to our pack.
Re: Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union! Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:02 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Luther Burrell, currently in the top 20 trends on Twitter tonight.
Re: Wire sign Luther Burrell from Union! Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:03 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

You'd think as a union three quarter he isnt gonna have many rugby miles on his clock.
PreviousNext