Three Good Years
Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:50 pm
Posted by glee on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:50 pm
glee Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 260th / 77,793

Quiz Score: 0

The latest novel in my Ashurst series has recently been published and is called "Three Good Years". It has a background of Work, Family Life, Saving the NHS and Rugby League and set during the 2006,07 and 08 seasons.
As with One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons it is again set in the fictional town of Ashurst which is set just north of Warrington and east of St Helens.

Among the 25 chapter titles are
The Jehovah's Widnes
Them bloody stupid pliers
"I follow Marlborough League"
"The Dream"
Telling Stevo about Uno's Dabs
Pissaro, Picasso and Phil's Uncle Jack
The Church of the Everyday Saints
Your mother grew up in Tiger Bay
He's in St Helens Hospital
The CID are now involved

The main character right through the series is the draughtsman Alan Greenall and now in charge of Wilkinson's Drawing Office. Among others who work there are the engineer Jennifer who grew up in County Durham, lives in Wigan and follows Warrington.
For more details look at my web site www.geofflee.net and to order a copy go to the web site of the publisher London League Publications at www.llpshop.co.uk. Click on books and then on fiction.
[b]Visit //www.geofflee.net for details of my novels 'One Winter', 'One Spring', 'One Summer' 'One Autumn' and 'Two Seasons'. All five feature Rugby League against a humourous Lancashire/Yorkshire background and are inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller."[/b]
Re: Three Good Years
Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:33 pm
Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:33 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 753
Rep Position: 9th / 77,793

glee wrote:
The latest novel in my Ashurst series has recently been published and is called "Three Good Years". It has a background of Work, Family Life, Saving the NHS and Rugby League and set during the 2006,07 and 08 seasons.
As with One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons it is again set in the fictional town of Ashurst which is set just north of Warrington and east of St Helens.

Among the 25 chapter titles are
The Jehovah's Widnes
Them bloody stupid pliers
"I follow Marlborough League"
"The Dream"
Telling Stevo about Uno's Dabs
Pissaro, Picasso and Phil's Uncle Jack
The Church of the Everyday Saints
Your mother grew up in Tiger Bay
He's in St Helens Hospital
The CID are now involved

The main character right through the series is the draughtsman Alan Greenall and now in charge of Wilkinson's Drawing Office. Among others who work there are the engineer Jennifer who grew up in County Durham, lives in Wigan and follows Warrington.
For more details look at my web site http://www.geofflee.net and to order a copy go to the web site of the publisher London League Publications at http://www.llpshop.co.uk. Click on books and then on fiction.

In other words Wigan!
Post Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 pm
Posted by glee on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 pm
glee Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 260th / 77,793

Ashurst is not Wigan. It is a fictional town with its southern border somewhere north of Widnes and Warrington, its western border just east of St Helens and its northern border somewhere south of Wigan. But don't forget it is a fictional place and all my novels are a combination of fact and fiction.
[b]Visit //www.geofflee.net for details of my novels 'One Winter', 'One Spring', 'One Summer' 'One Autumn' and 'Two Seasons'. All five feature Rugby League against a humourous Lancashire/Yorkshire background and are inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller."[/b]
Post Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:18 pm
Posted by Wires71 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:18 pm
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 547
Rep Position: 21st / 77,793

glee wrote:
Ashurst is not Wigan. It is a fictional town with its southern border somewhere north of Widnes and Warrington, its western border just east of St Helens and its northern border somewhere south of Wigan. But don't forget it is a fictional place and all my novels are a combination of fact and fiction.

Ashton In Makefield, Haydock, Newton Le Willows, or Burtonwood area.

Do they speak with the argumentative nasal Warringtonian accent? The forever joking scouse twang? Or the village idiot dialect of Wigan?

I didn't forget your novels were a combination of fact and fiction. I didn't know in the first place. :D
https://www.mind.org.uk
Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:54 am
Posted by rubber duckie on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:54 am
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1656
Rep Position: 1st / 77,793

glee wrote:

That being one time the historic town of Makerfield.
once a wire always a wire
Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:02 pm
Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:02 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 753
Rep Position: 9th / 77,793

glee wrote:

And named after Bill