WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - League Express.

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves League Express.

Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 3:28 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Tue May 15, 2018 3:28 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1415
Rep Position: 1st / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 13261
Sorry W71
I think they are but I'm not using stats to argue against my eyes. They've played nobody since early season but a busted Cas in the cup. Stats aren't a fair reflection until the season is balanced and all the results are there for comparison.
I've said it several times...Saints run in to rnd 23 is tough. Let's reflect stats after rnd 23. Even then it's not completely balanced because Saints have a Magic gimme.
once a wire always a wire
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 4:08 pm
Posted by AS108 on Tue May 15, 2018 4:08 pm
AS108 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 181
Rep Position: 104th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Posts: 966
rubber duckie wrote:
Sorry W71
I think they are but I'm not using stats to argue against my eyes. They've played nobody since early season but a busted Cas in the cup. Stats aren't a fair reflection until the season is balanced and all the results are there for comparison.
I've said it several times...Saints run in to rnd 23 is tough. Let's reflect stats after rnd 23. Even then it's not completely balanced because Saints have a Magic gimme.


What on Earth are you on about, we’ve played every team in SL? You say ‘let’s reflect stats after rnd 23’ because you hope that Saints lose to Wire and Wigan (we’ll definitely beat Warrington) and it knocks us down. We’ve both played 15 games, stats are a fair reflection, you just don’t want them to be because they don’t suit.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 4:11 pm
Posted by AS108 on Tue May 15, 2018 4:11 pm
AS108 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 181
Rep Position: 104th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Posts: 966
morrisseyisawire wrote:
Fact is, Saints worst performances or defeats (Leeds away.and Catalan at home) have coincided with Barba being out or nullified as much as poss.


Fact is, Barba scored 2 against Leeds so he was hardly nullified. You don’t mention the Hull FC game, we won easily and Barba was out.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 4:43 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Tue May 15, 2018 4:43 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1415
Rep Position: 1st / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 13261
AS108 wrote:
What on Earth are you on about, we’ve played every team in SL? You say ‘let’s reflect stats after rnd 23’ because you hope that Saints lose to Wire and Wigan (we’ll definitely beat Warrington) and it knocks us down. We’ve both played 15 games, stats are a fair reflection, you just don’t want them to be because they don’t suit.

If you're that thick explaining will make little difference.
once a wire always a wire
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 5:21 pm
Posted by CW8 on Tue May 15, 2018 5:21 pm
CW8 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 180
Rep Position: 105th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:25 am
Posts: 1446
Saddened! wrote:
I think you are completely mis-reading that. I was one of those who ranted about the refeereeing in the game, but none of that was anything to do with Warrington really. I was looking forward to a good game of rugby, enjoyed the first half hour and fully expected them to tire and Wire to win by 20 ish second half. Then for me the ref had a major paddy and destroyed one of the two teams. Toronto didn't react well to that by any means, but they were justified in feeling hard done to initially. The red in particular was the softest card I've ever seen. If that happened to a Wire player in a big game, you wouldn't be happy, it was nothing. Up to the incident under the sticks it was a niggly encounter and Warrington were as bad as Toronto with the hair pulling on Kaye and Simms and the constant sledging. Thaler then just gave everything against Toronto as if it had been all them. Like when a ref in juniors gets annoyed with a team and refs them and coaches the other team.

Warrington are on a good run and I said at the start of the season on here that you'd be in the top 4 and challenging. But some of your fans are the emotional types who wanted Price out after 5 games, but who are now suggesting the treble is a formality. We've been here before, same as most seasons since Moran arrived. Warrington fans do get very arrogant and smug when you sniff a chance of glory, perhaps understandable and similar to Cas last year. I've heard some pearlers this week on here and Twitter. Saints being so bad that Barba is the only reason we're top 8, SL is already over, you'll go the rest of the season unbeaten and a Wigan/Warrington final an inevitability. It's all good though, makes SL a more exciting competition.


Fans of a club playing an improving style of rugby and on a winning run after a dreadful previous season are happy, how very strange. Smug! Don't be foolish that's the nature of sport. Nobody (except the duck) is saying what you are accusing us of, and quite frankly that doesn't count.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 6:13 pm
Posted by AS108 on Tue May 15, 2018 6:13 pm
AS108 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 181
Rep Position: 104th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Posts: 966
rubber duckie wrote:
If you're that thick explaining will make little difference.


Please do explain, because you’re talking rubbish as usual. If you can’t see the value in stats when both teams have played 15 games in all comps then it’s you who’s thick.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 7:19 pm
Posted by Captain Hook on Tue May 15, 2018 7:19 pm
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 416
Rep Position: 28th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Posts: 1878
Location: Sunny Southport
Is you beating us more/less/same definite as you beating Wakefield earlier on this season?
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 7:49 pm
Posted by AS108 on Tue May 15, 2018 7:49 pm
AS108 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 181
Rep Position: 104th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Posts: 966
Captain Hook wrote:
Is you beating us more/less/same definite as you beating Wakefield earlier on this season?


As definite as us beating you at the start of the season was.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 8:30 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Tue May 15, 2018 8:30 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1415
Rep Position: 1st / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 13261
AS108 wrote:
Please do explain, because you’re talking rubbish as usual. If you can’t see the value in stats when both teams have played 15 games in all comps then it’s you who’s thick.
The shorter the span, the less accurate the stat...plus identical comparison are required to measure change.
2 very define reasons.
That's it.
Like it or lump it.
once a wire always a wire
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 8:43 pm
Posted by Builth Wells Wire on Tue May 15, 2018 8:43 pm
Builth Wells Wire User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 302
Rep Position: 55th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:39 pm
Posts: 3808
Location: The Nearest Faraway Place
If it's a Saints "gimme". Why do you have a Widnes win?


rubber duckie wrote:
Sorry W71
I think they are but I'm not using stats to argue against my eyes. They've played nobody since early season but a busted Cas in the cup. Stats aren't a fair reflection until the season is balanced and all the results are there for comparison.
I've said it several times...Saints run in to rnd 23 is tough. Let's reflect stats after rnd 23. Even then it's not completely balanced because Saints have a Magic gimme.



[quote="rubber duckie"]a) Crowd (St James Park Capacity 52,405): 66750 (42000+24750)
b) Score and Winning team: Wigan 18 v 21 Warrington
c) First try (Wire player):Atkins
d) Time of first try: 20min
e) Last try (any team, player not time):Bateman
f) Kicks over the sticks (combined):8

g) Widnes v St Helens h)2
Castleford v Leeds a)2
Salford v Catalans a)2
Wakefield v Huddersfield h)2
Hull KR v Hull FC h)2
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 100% Wire, Captain Hook, chris2925, fez1, leslie boyd, Saddened!, Smiffy27, Woz60 and 163 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,923,0531,62677,6904,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 21st Jul 15:30
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 9th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 16th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 6th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 13th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WARRINGTON
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






21