WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - League Express.

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves League Express.

Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 9:51 am
Posted by Gazwire on Tue May 15, 2018 9:51 am
Gazwire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 141
Rep Position: 110th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 1836
ratticusfinch wrote:
Yes MIAW the response has baffled and annoyed me. Despite obviously being wire biased ive no idea what we did wrong in that game. It seems we'd have had to have won by 100 and not celebrate any of our tries.....some real anti-wire feeling out there at the minute which means we must be doing something right.


Really agree with this. There is some absolute nonsense going around on the boards and the bull directed at us seems to have coincided with our improvement (Cue some bell coming on here to say we're getting cocky/arrogant or words to that effect).
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 am
Posted by kirtonLindseyWolf on Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 am
kirtonLindseyWolf User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 43
Rep Position: 198th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:08 pm
Posts: 538
Snaggletooth wrote:
We wernt supposed to beat them, they had a chance to show the rugby league world how they have progressed to SL contenders and blew it big time. We heard the usual classless response from Rowley how they are the victim's, this performance doesn't help them build a support base over in Canada. Everything about them on Sunday was poor.


I am sure Paul Rowley has been explaining the poor discipline to the owners and the fact that they embarrassed themselves and the club on national TV.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 am
Posted by Lost in Leeds on Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 am
Lost in Leeds Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 222nd / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:57 pm
Posts: 228
Location: Leeds
If Thaler has stopped the clock everytime Toronto delayed forming a scrum it would have been dark by the time the game finished.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 11:29 am
Posted by Saddened! on Tue May 15, 2018 11:29 am
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 61
Rep Position: 180th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:52 pm
Posts: 27803
Location: Warrington
ratticusfinch wrote:
Yes MIAW the response has baffled and annoyed me. Despite obviously being wire biased ive no idea what we did wrong in that game. It seems we'd have had to have won by 100 and not celebrate any of our tries.....some real anti-wire feeling out there at the minute which means we must be doing something right.


I think you are completely mis-reading that. I was one of those who ranted about the refeereeing in the game, but none of that was anything to do with Warrington really. I was looking forward to a good game of rugby, enjoyed the first half hour and fully expected them to tire and Wire to win by 20 ish second half. Then for me the ref had a major paddy and destroyed one of the two teams. Toronto didn't react well to that by any means, but they were justified in feeling hard done to initially. The red in particular was the softest card I've ever seen. If that happened to a Wire player in a big game, you wouldn't be happy, it was nothing. Up to the incident under the sticks it was a niggly encounter and Warrington were as bad as Toronto with the hair pulling on Kaye and Simms and the constant sledging. Thaler then just gave everything against Toronto as if it had been all them. Like when a ref in juniors gets annoyed with a team and refs them and coaches the other team.

Warrington are on a good run and I said at the start of the season on here that you'd be in the top 4 and challenging. But some of your fans are the emotional types who wanted Price out after 5 games, but who are now suggesting the treble is a formality. We've been here before, same as most seasons since Moran arrived. Warrington fans do get very arrogant and smug when you sniff a chance of glory, perhaps understandable and similar to Cas last year. I've heard some pearlers this week on here and Twitter. Saints being so bad that Barba is the only reason we're top 8, SL is already over, you'll go the rest of the season unbeaten and a Wigan/Warrington final an inevitability. It's all good though, makes SL a more exciting competition.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 am
Posted by Wires71 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 am
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 442
Rep Position: 21st / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 10809
Saddened! wrote:
Warrington are on a good run and I said at the start of the season on here that you'd be in the top 4 and challenging. But some of your fans are the emotional types who wanted Price out after 5 games, but who are now suggesting the treble is a formality. We've been here before, same as most seasons since Moran arrived. Warrington fans do get very arrogant and smug when you sniff a chance of glory, perhaps understandable and similar to Cas last year. I've heard some pearlers this week on here and Twitter. Saints being so bad that Barba is the only reason we're top 8, SL is already over, you'll go the rest of the season unbeaten and a Wigan/Warrington final an inevitability. It's all good though, makes SL a more exciting competition.


This is true. I wince at comments on here saying Saints are "one trick ponies" and that we should expect to beat Wigan 5/5 times this season.

Most Wire fans are not like that. They will recognise we have improved but not been severely tested in this 10 match run other than Cas and Leeds. We will find out a lot more over the coming 5 games.
https://www.mind.org.uk
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 12:05 pm
Posted by ratticusfinch on Tue May 15, 2018 12:05 pm
ratticusfinch User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 101
Rep Position: 142nd / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 1062
Location: Warrington
Those comments are down to ONE poster though, not seen any such comments from others. I like where we are at the minute, just nicely positioned. Saints are not one trick ponies and are rightly favourites - saying that i find Saddened's comments a bit rich as i find the scousers by far the most arrogant fans completely lacking in magnanimity as well. (they still harp on about the 2016 semi where they were deservedly beaten).

You talk about hair pulling and sledging, did you see or hear any of that? You might as well throw in biting as well as the Toronto players claimed that! If you did hear or see any of that then you're a better man than me as I've watched it back twice now and caught none of that.

Sin-binning and sending off were both a little harsh I agree but by the laws correct. The McCrone sin-binning fully justified. You know full well how Rowley sets his teams up and it's churlish anti-wire rubbish to suggest we were the architects of that game's ill-discipline.
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 1:12 pm
Posted by Lost in Leeds on Tue May 15, 2018 1:12 pm
Lost in Leeds Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 222nd / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:57 pm
Posts: 228
Location: Leeds
The main culprit for this 'wire arrogant fans think they are gonna win everything' is the repulsive Eddie Hemmings. For the last 5-10 years he has constantly broadcast the lie to the RL masses that everybody in Warrington expects the treble this year.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 1:23 pm
Posted by morrisseyisawire on Tue May 15, 2018 1:23 pm
morrisseyisawire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 121
Rep Position: 125th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:45 pm
Posts: 1798
Goodness me. My name is Morrissey, I'm addicted to Wires and Lidl yoghurt and twas me that dared call Saints a one-trick pony.

Fact is, Saints worst performances or defeats (Leeds away.and Catalan at home) have coincided with Barba being out or nullified as much as poss.

Without him, Saints rely on Lomax, Farges and Matty Smith for inspiration which hardly inspires the same levels of confidence.

Barba is not only an exceptional player but his presence lifts the confidence and belief of the team, something the players themselves freely admit to. Saints know that without him a huge chunk of their potency is gone so they play to his strengths, and who wouldn't? It isn't clever coaching or gameplans because no-one at Saints could fulfill that role.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 1:26 pm
Posted by Captain Hook on Tue May 15, 2018 1:26 pm
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 370
Rep Position: 24th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Posts: 1759
Location: Sunny Southport
I’m afraid Saddened poisoned the well a long time ago, he clearly fears any suggestion of a resurgent Wire and all his posts should be viewed through that prism.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: League Express.
Post Tue May 15, 2018 2:53 pm
Posted by Wires71 on Tue May 15, 2018 2:53 pm
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 442
Rep Position: 21st / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 10809
morrisseyisawire wrote:
Goodness me. My name is Morrissey, I'm addicted to Wires and Lidl yoghurt and twas me that dared call Saints a one-trick pony.

Fact is, Saints worst performances or defeats (Leeds away.and Catalan at home) have coincided with Barba being out or nullified as much as poss.

Without him, Saints rely on Lomax, Farges and Matty Smith for inspiration which hardly inspires the same levels of confidence.

Barba is not only an exceptional player but his presence lifts the confidence and belief of the team, something the players themselves freely admit to. Saints know that without him a huge chunk of their potency is gone so they play to his strengths, and who wouldn't? It isn't clever coaching or gameplans because no-one at Saints could fulfill that role.


Saints have 3 players in the top 10 try scoring charts.
Saints have 2 forwards in the top 10 yardage. (The only other forward is Hill)
Barba is behind Myler for Try assists.
Saints concede less than 12 pts per game.

I don't think it's accurate to call them "one trick", just as it wasn't right to call Wire that when we had Sandow.






Luke Thompson is the highest yardage forward in SL.
https://www.mind.org.uk
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Wanderer, wiretillidie30 and 75 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,894,23239377,6064,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 09:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
PENRITH
Sat 25th May 19:00
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st May 19:35
CC2019
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 6th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 15th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 21st Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
Sat 6th Jul 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 12th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
SALFORD
Sun 21st Jul 15:30
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 9th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 16th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 6th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 13th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WARRINGTON
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






21