Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 295th / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Hull away
Wigan in the cup
Hull in the cup
Wembley

Can't actually think of anymore games I actually enjoyed. Feels like we've just scraped our way through the rest of the season unconvincingly. I'm not sorry to see the back of this season
Re: HANDS UP THEN
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:44 pm
Posted by Longbarn Wire on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:44 pm
Longbarn Wire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 114
Rep Position: 199th / 77,858

Quiz Score: 16

Snaggletooth wrote:
Moran and Middleton did not build their respective empires with sloppy decision making, but they appear happy to float up and down the creek without a paddle when it comes to the Wire. Its time for them to man up and start wielding the axe. Sending scripture from our very own oracle Mr Longbarn wouldn't be out of place for me.

Thing is though....nothimg will change. The CEO pretty much said it would be a disaster if we went out of the playoffs esrly. Whether theres a change i doubt it. I hope some1 from the club reads this. Austin told me himself he does...so who knows
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:56 pm
Posted by karetaker on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:56 pm
karetaker Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 560
Rep Position: 28th / 77,858

Quiz Score: 276

Longbarn Wire wrote:
Thing is though....nothimg will change. The CEO pretty much said it would be a disaster if we went out of the playoffs esrly. Whether theres a change i doubt it. I hope some1 from the club reads this. Austin told me himself he does...so who knows

For me it would be naive to think someone from the club does not read these forums,tbh I’d be disappointed if they didn’t.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:00 pm
Posted by Wires71 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:00 pm
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 578
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,858

Longbarn nails it.

Steve Price continuing into 2020 is a symptom of an underlying cultural issue at the club. Its why after having a decade of resources available and big money transfers were are as far away from winning SL as we were pre-2010.
https://www.mind.org.uk
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:05 pm
Posted by Lord Tony Smith on Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:05 pm
Lord Tony Smith User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 228
Rep Position: 115th / 77,858

Waiting for Paul Youane to come on here and tell us everything is fine.

This club has accepted medicority for 10 years + nothing is gnna change now especially when Price is Fitzpatrick's man.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:02 pm
Posted by lefty goldblatt on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:02 pm
lefty goldblatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 500
Rep Position: 37th / 77,858

Lord Tony Smith wrote:
Waiting for Paul Youane to come on here and tell us everything is fine.

This club has accepted medicority for 10 years + nothing is gnna change now especially when Price is Fitzpatrick's man.

...and there lays a huge problem

A former RL player suddenly becomes a hirer and firer for two rich men. It's not as if he came through the ranks at ICI or Unilever, earning his trade in Personal/HR, or being a captain of industry. No. He played full back for Salford.
We employ him, and 10 months later, we entrust him with getting us a coach. After a month, we eventually get an N4L failure, after a silence of 4 weeks, with fans left no communication.

(at the risk of making a sweeping statement) we employ a RL player, to run a multi million pound business. Apart from doing night school, it's not as if we"be got Sir John Harvey Jones, is it?

Our recruitment (with one or two exceptions) has stunk for years
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 pm
Posted by Superblue on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 pm
Superblue Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 104
Rep Position: 205th / 77,858

Snaggletooth wrote:
Moran and Middleton did not build their respective empires with sloppy decision making, but they appear happy to float up and down the creek without a paddle when it comes to the Wire. Its time for them to man up and start wielding the axe. Sending scripture from our very own oracle Mr Longbarn wouldn't be out of place for me.

I have touched on this point in the last couple of seasons, just what is Simon Moran’s motivation in being the owner of a RL club?
I never let a thread go as next year it would all be ok and go away so to speak.

Does he just want the prestige without the delivery?
Does he see Wires as an extension to or part of his entertainment empire rather than the rugby club we all identify with?
Is he bothered about results as long as owning the club is financially attractive to him in the bigger picture?
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:40 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:40 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1827
Rep Position: 1st / 77,858

Superblue wrote:
I have touched on this point in the last couple of seasons, just what is Simon Moran’s motivation in being the owner of a RL club?
I never let a thread go as next year it would all be ok and go away so to speak.

Does he just want the prestige without the delivery?
Does he see Wires as an extension to or part of his entertainment empire rather than the rugby club we all identify with?
Is he bothered about results as long as owning the club is financially attractive to him in the bigger picture?

He's a fan who stands with us...I think that pretty much says what his wants.
once a wire always a wire
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:20 pm
Posted by Mighty_Wires88 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:20 pm
Mighty_Wires88 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 135
Rep Position: 180th / 77,858

I can probably only think of a handful of games this year that I’ve enjoyed and been entertained as a fan. More so the first half of the season then the second half of the season. We seemed to of gotten worse as an attacking threat & became void of ideas in creating tries, the closer we got towards the end of the season the more we struggled.

If the brake down the results of the 29 LEAGUE games only it makes for very poor reading.

First lot of 10 games: Won 8 Lost 2

Second lot of 10 games: Won 6 Lost 4

Third lot of 9 games: Won 2 Lost 7

Followed by another defeat last night. Form and momentum into the playoffs counts for a hell of a lot & we had zero of that. See Salford tonight... They are riding the wave well this year, gained momentum over the course of the season and improved as a team gradually, they deserve to be in the mix it will be great as a neutral fan to see them get to OT.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:33 pm
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:33 pm
Psychedelic Casual User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 524
Rep Position: 34th / 77,858

Yeah I’m glad it’s done and dusted.

Would rather go out to Cas last night than lose to Wigan or Saints further down the line and will take the CC win big time after an average SL season with really only two top performances (Hull away and Wigan at Magic)
PreviousNext