u RLFANS.COM - The World's Most Popular Rugby League Website WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Something to do if you or a relative is now self isolating.

Board index Super League Salford Red Devils Something to do if you or a relative is now self isolating.

Posted by glee on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:51 pm
glee Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 35
Rep Position: 280th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

For all those people now faced with the prospect of having to self isolate and wondering how to pass the time, can I suggest something to do that is interesting, enjoyable, educational and cheap.
Try writing a novel based on your own life and times.
This is something that I started doing as a hobby in 1988. It was inspired initially by three things: one was my interest and knowledge of the game of rugby league, its history and characters, secondly having a family tree going back to 1777 and thirdly the old saying about work that "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".
Based on what I have learned since then I have now written up a few notes that others could use to do something similar.
Contact me at wgeofflee@gmail.com and I'll send them to you.

However you may prefer to read my latest novel first. It is called "Three Good Years" and has a background of Work, Family Life, Saving the NHS and Rugby League, all set between 2006 and 2008 in a fictional town called Ashurst which is located 'near' to St Helens, Warrington and Wigan.
It is available from London League Publications. Visit their web site at http://www.llpshop.co.uk and click on Books and then Fiction. There you will also find a large collection of books about the greatest game.[b][/b]
[b]Visit //www.geofflee.net for details of my novels 'One Winter', 'One Spring', 'One Summer' 'One Autumn' and 'Two Seasons'. All five feature Rugby League against a humourous Lancashire/Yorkshire background and are inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller."[/b]